Attn: NCL....do you think...

winterbliss

Do you think if you raised the bar in making it a priority to issue all those pending refunds a.s.a.p. that the benefits to NCL would be returned again and again and again...... with future bookings which you will obviously need once this crisis is behind us.

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, winterbliss said:

Do you think if you raised the bar in making it a priority to issue all those pending refunds a.s.a.p. that the benefits to NCL would be returned again and again and again...... with future bookings which you will obviously need once this crisis is behind us.

I agree..... I cancelled my August cruise back on March 20th. I was paid in full but well outside the 120 day cancellation window, around 143 days. NCL rep said 7-10 business days . I got a cancellation email with amount due back to me. I haven’t seen a dime. If they want me to keep my 2021 cruise I suggest they get moving on that refund ....like tomorrow. There is a fine line between me feeling bad for them and me knowing they are holding onto my refund purposely if they plan on getting my money back to me at all. Whether I sail with them ever again is up to them in the next few days. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 7

Before our cruise on the 19th was canceled, we decided to cancel our spa passes ( 319) dollars each so we could get a refund on our credit card. The agent told us it would be from 7-10 days to get our refund, but it was not. It took almost 4 weeks. I am glad we got it but i found that unacceptable. Now, we can request our full refund for our cruise starting tomorrow and who knows if we get anything back on that, since it will be 90 days before we do so.  As someone else said, we are not their bank, so them taking our money as a free loan is completely unacceptable.

• Like 6

Just do a charge back, IMO if cancelled they should honour the refund, I don’t hesitate calling Amex if the website makes it awkward, they put the phone down, it’s my time and time is money 💰 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Ninety days to refund is completely unacceptable and does not bode well for the future of the cruise line, IMO.

I agree 100 percent, it is ridiculous. NCL seems to not care about its customers. Look at the people that took the March 10th peace of mind offer, NCL basically left them hanging. Disney cruise line as well as other cruise lines reversed their policy. They gave their customers the refund or the choice for better credit, even to those that cancelled in early March, but not NCL. It makes no sense to leave so many possible future passengers unhappy.

Edited by skywonder
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

I agree..... I cancelled my August cruise back on March 20th. I was paid in full but well outside the 120 day cancellation window, around 143 days. NCL rep said 7-10 business days . I got a cancellation email with amount due back to me. I haven’t seen a dime. If they want me to keep my 2021 cruise I suggest they get moving on that refund ....like tomorrow. There is a fine line between me feeling bad for them and me knowing they are holding onto my refund purposely if they plan on getting my money back to me at all. Whether I sail with them ever again is up to them in the next few days. 

I cancelled one cabin for a Sept cruise on Mar 3 - when I phoned on April 8 to follow up, I was told 90 days, so I cancelled the other cabin also

• Like 6

C'mon, cut them some slack. Think of how many people are requesting refunds or FCC, the FCC I can see being easy, but a cash refund, or apply back to CC takes time when you look at how many they need to do, not just a push of a button, there is a lot of accounting to do. I haven't checked, I'm sure folks are also screaming about other cruise lines.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Beer Belly said:

C'mon, cut them some slack. Think of how many people are requesting refunds or FCC, the FCC I can see being easy, but a cash refund, or apply back to CC takes time when you look at how many they need to do, not just a push of a button, there is a lot of accounting to do. I haven't checked, I'm sure folks are also screaming about other cruise lines.

I'm sorry, but this isn't a task that takes 90+ days. Do I understand they are in the middle of a firestorm not of their own making? Yes. But being slow to return money that I'm sure many could use right now is disgusting. They can get loans with a snap of the finger. Get people paid off! Imagine if we told NCL we needed 90+ days after final payment to get them their money.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Beer Belly said:

How do you know it isn’t that easy? How many other business require 3 months to issue a refund onto a credit card and need to go to accounting in their business to do so. It took 10 seconds to get my cancellation email with the push of a button. They are stalling purposely ..... to use money owed to us keep them afloat and operations moving........ If I owed you money and when you came to collect and I told you I needed it to pay my electric and gas bill and will get it back to you in three months after checking with my accounting team would you be cool with that? Me neither ..... 

• Like 6

Very early on in this drama all of the NCL Spirit Asia cruises were canceled.  In fact they canceled all sailings from April 15 to December 7th, 2020 on February 7th.

My deposit was credited back to my card 7 days later. 

I'm pretty sure they didn't do those thousands of cancellations manually.  Was probably just a batch job that ran and set the transactions up for processing.  The logic isn't complicated..

• Like 2

There could be tens of thousands that are requesting the refund, this may take time. It's not as easy as "You owe me money", and I write you a check or make a trip to the bank. What if you had gone on that cruise ?, the money would be gone anyhow ?. 

Everyone complain now.  Like the cruise industry was ready for a pandemic.  I am sure the other cruise lines are being 100% cooperative with there passengers regarding there cancelled cruises.   Not like not having a job to go to is a concern.  Good riddance to all.   In the future I will cruise for value,  itinerary  and customer service.  So far NCL has met most of my needs but I have and will cruise other cruise lines.  We just have to have patience.  Or keep the bashing going if it makes you feel better✌️

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jskinsd said:

Everyone complain now.  Like the cruise industry was ready for a pandemic.  I am sure the other cruise lines are being 100% cooperative with there passengers regarding there cancelled cruises.   Not like not having a job to go to is a concern.  Good riddance to all.   In the future I will cruise for value,  itinerary  and customer service.  So far NCL has met most of my needs but I have and will cruise other cruise lines.  We just have to have patience.  Or keep the bashing going if it makes you feel better✌️

How much money does NCL owe you??

• Like 2

Just for fun, I checked out the CC forums of all of the mainstream cruise lines, where folks are threatening to dispute the money with their credit cards and getting the media involved. It seems like 90+ days to refund is the norm across the board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Just for fun, I checked out the CC forums of all of the mainstream cruise lines, where folks are threatening to dispute the money with their credit cards and getting the media involved. It seems like 90+ days to refund is the norm across the board.

Yes, that is true and they, the lines, all have the same plan obviously .....delay. Many many people on many of the boards have been consistently wrong information and the run around ......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KateQ22003 said:

I'm sorry, but this isn't a task that takes 90+ days. Do I understand they are in the middle of a firestorm not of their own making? Yes. But being slow to return money that I'm sure many could use right now is disgusting. They can get loans with a snap of the finger. Get people paid off! Imagine if we told NCL we needed 90+ days after final payment to get them their money.

Doing ONE refund is a fairly quick process.  That's not why it's taking 90 days.

Doing THOUSANDS of 'fairly quick' processes adds up to a lot of time.

They've not just piled up all your cash and are diving into a pool full of it, a la Scrooge McDuck.  They're working on getting each one processed.

6 minutes ago, Named-Tawny said:

Doing ONE refund is a fairly quick process.  That's not why it's taking 90 days.

Doing THOUSANDS of 'fairly quick' processes adds up to a lot of time.

They've not just piled up all your cash and are diving into a pool full of it, a la Scrooge McDuck.  They're working on getting each one processed.

How many transactions do you think credit card companies process on a daily basis? If I call my cc company with a chargeback they take care of it on the spot. Poof. Done. Money posted back to account. It does not take 90+ days to get a refund ANYWHERE; that's garbage. Do you think those that had to cancel hotels had to wait 90+ days for a refund if they had prepaid for their rooms? No. If NCL doesn't have the money, take out a loan. That's our money they owe us. 

Edited by KateQ22003
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, KateQ22003 said:

How many transactions do you think credit card companies process on a daily basis? If I call my cc company with a chargeback they take care of it on the spot. Poof. Done. Money posted back to account. It does not take 90+ days to get a refund ANYWHERE; that's garbage. Do you think those that had to cancel hotels had to wait 90+ days for a refund if they had prepaid for their rooms? No. If NCL doesn't have the money, take out a loan. That's our money they owe us. 

Could you put in at least a modicum of effort into researching the things you say before going off about things?

https://news.marriott.com/news/2020/03/17/travel-information-covid-19-update
"
Individual (guestroom reservation refunds of any kind (e.g., cash or credit voucher) may take up to 90 days from the date of cancellation to be processed. The form and timing of refund may be subject to applicable laws where each hotel is located."

So yes, those who have canceled pre-paid hotels have also had to wait for things to get processed.

I know you think that everything is automated, but this isn't even remotely the case.

NCL, Marriott, HAL, etc.. are not credit card companies.  They are cruise/hotel companies.  Processing a cancellation refund is short on an individual level, but not instantaneous.  Processing thousands of them takes time.

Edited by Named-Tawny
  • Like 2