Carnival cancels NA sailings till June 27

jimbo5544

Any thoughts on when or if Radiance will be ready to sail. We are booked Dec 5 and wondering if we should change plans. All her cruises have already been canceled thru start of Nov.  Thanks

4 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Not surprising....well except to those who thought they would have no problem setting sail in two week who were oblivious to the big picture.

If the big picture is the hammer called CDC, then I would agree. 

• Like 2

This is not quite 100 days from the latest CDC order, but maybe Carnival took it as 100 days from the first order and not the April 9th order? I was thinking middle of July, which would have included my July 6th cruise. We are moving it to 2021 due to my elderly parents' health, but I would like the OBC to come with it.

Just now, jimbo5544 said:

If the big picture is the hammer called CDC, then I would agree. 

Maybe CLIA has seen the light and cruise lines need that time to implement the recommendations.

One big  thing will be retraining crew on new procedures when all are back on board. That has to be a daunting task.

• Like 2

No one should want to sail until its safe.  We're not there yet.  If that means my September cruise is cancelled, so be it.  I LOVE to cruise, but lives are by far more important than my pleasure.

Stay safe folks.  We will cruise again.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, beerman2 said:

Maybe CLIA has seen the light and cruise lines need that time to implement the recommendations.

One big  thing will be retraining crew on new procedures when all are back on board. That has to be a daunting task.

I think the CLIA intervention was for pomp and circumstance, just trying to show support, knowing it was for naught.  I totally agree on the training thing, while some here think it trivial, it represents a significant obstacle for crew, but needed.  There is a new world order coming.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I think the CLIA intervention was for pomp and circumstance, just trying to show support, knowing it was for naught.  I totally agree on the training thing, while some here think it trivial, it represents a significant obstacle for crew, but needed.  There is a new world order coming.

First obstacle is getting all the crew back. Will they  have to quarantine for 14 days once they arrive in Florida?

Where will they quarantine and who pays for it?

• Like 1

Just heard from my T.A. our Sunrise out of NYC on 9/3/20 has been cancelled as have all Sunrise cruises until after Oct. 9.  This will make our third attempt that has been problematic.  Our Sept. 2019 Bermuda was sidelined due to a hurricane, then we booked May 3 to Panama, then we booked Sept. 2020 to Bermuda since we never got there.  Now what?  I know some in our group said that if something happens to our "new" Bermuda cruise, they're done with cruising.

List of cancellations

• all ships sailings through and including June 26, 2020
  • All San Francisco sailings through 2020
  • all sunrise sailings through and including October 19, 2020
  • all legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
  • all radiance sailings through and including November 1, 2020
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kellyann said:

Just heard from my T.A. our Sunrise out of NYC on 9/3/20 has been cancelled as have all Sunrise cruises until after Oct. 9.  This will make our third attempt that has been problematic.  Our Sept. 2019 Bermuda was sidelined due to a hurricane, then we booked May 3 to Panama, then we booked Sept. 2020 to Bermuda since we never got there.  Now what?  I know some in our group said that if something happens to our "new" Bermuda cruise, they're done with cruising.

Something did happen. Its called a Corvid-19 Pandemic. OK. I guess your friends are done with cruising.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Same for the 9/7 Bermuda cruise on the Sunrise - offering 100% future cruise credit but we didn't finish paying the cruise off...will it just apply what we paid to a future cruise then since we didn't pay 100%? Sorry for the dumb question, this is new territory! :)

Paid $588.64  for a June 6 cruise.  It included free drinks anytime and a $780 on board credit.  Basically a free cruise with free booze.  In any event, I cancelled and requested 100% refund.  There are other good deals for later in the year, but I'm going to wait and see what happens regarding the virus issue.

12 minutes ago, LuvCruiSun said:

Does the FCC have to be used on a brand new booking? I put a deposit on a May 2021 cruise several months ago and would like to use the FCC to pay it off.

In the past FCC could not be used for new deposit 

21 minutes ago, LuvCruiSun said:

Does the FCC have to be used on a brand new booking? I put a deposit on a May 2021 cruise several months ago and would like to use the FCC to pay it off.

I was told by pvp you could