Favourite Cruise Drink...

AndyMichelle

My favourite drink is the longboat fizz, which is gingerbear & lime, but it’s not on the menu anymore. Followed by the Cooler collada, & in the evening a Pina collada or Miami Vice (also not on the menu anymore. Just checked the cupboard have a tin of coconut milk, pineapple juice & Malibu but no plain rum so will have a go at making Pina Colladas when the sun  comes out again. Hopefully you’ve all got that song in your head now too. 🤣🍸🍹

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Caullkhead said:

My favourite drink is the longboat fizz, which is gingerbear & lime, but it’s not on the menu anymore. Followed by the Cooler collada, & in the evening a Pina collada or Miami Vice (also not on the menu anymore. Just checked the cupboard have a tin of coconut milk, pineapple juice & Malibu but no plain rum so will have a go at making Pina Colladas when the sun  comes out again. Hopefully you’ve all got that song in your head now too. 🤣🍸🍹

'IF YOU LIKE PINA COLADA'... 

Come on, sing along... 

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

My hubby’s cruise cocktail is definitely a White Russian, I like it but when it was a bit rough once it made me feel nauseous!

I definitely love a glass of Zinfandel in the MDR  - I couldn’t believe how dark it was, looked almost red - was delicious though!

Cocktails I tend to try different ones depending on my mood!

On Britannia they did a delicious orange gin! Have had trouble finding it since though.

Now a Black Russian for me😋. I used to drink them a long time ago. That could  be my first drink of choice to celebrate our return to cruising.

Avril 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh Avril, you need to go. 

Nothing better than a pre dinner cocktail, facing out to sea with some pleasant live music in the background.. 

Andy 

We will definitely go. That's where we'll arrange to meet up with Bob and Elaine on Arcadia. Black Russian in hand😉

Avril 

• Like 2

coco colada with ice...lovely and my wife loves a large merlot whilst we are sitting in the crows nest late at night.  Don't know why but I am fascinated by the other ships that are around us, as was the case last year when we were coming out of Rotterdam.  They were all lit up and I just find this so interesting.

Just now, moonstone01 said:

coco colada with ice...lovely and my wife loves a large merlot whilst we are sitting in the crows nest late at night.  Don't know why but I am fascinated by the other ships that are around us, as was the case last year when we were coming out of Rotterdam.  They were all lit up and I just find this so interesting.

I am the same, wondering where they are off to etc. 

Andy 

I think cruise ships at night are beautiful in the dark.  It helps disguise daylight ugliness!  One of my abiding cruise memories, should I never be fortunate enough to cruise again, will be, about a year ago, “assembling” in the Indian Ocean, with dozens of other ships, ready to form up a convoy to transit the Suez Canal.  Balmy darkness, ship’s lights, cruise relaxation - ahhh

🤞

That gives me an idea for a new thread (I think we need one - do you agree?)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

We will definitely go. That's where we'll arrange to meet up with Bob and Elaine on Arcadia. Black Russian in hand😉

Avril 

Hi Avril

Definitely meet up with you and Frank, in the Crows Nest. Elaine says she's celebrating with you with a Black Russian.

Looking forward to meeting you both.

Take Care

Elaine and Bob 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

I think cruise ships at night are beautiful in the dark.  It helps disguise daylight ugliness!  One of my abiding cruise memories, should I never be fortunate enough to cruise again, will be, about a year ago, “assembling” in the Indian Ocean, with dozens of other ships, ready to form up a convoy to transit the Suez Canal.  Balmy darkness, ship’s lights, cruise relaxation - ahhh

🤞

That gives me an idea for a new thread (I think we need one - do you agree?)

Yep, definitely. 

We need as many light hearted threads as possible to negate the tension... 

Andy 

• Like 4

Can I put in some votes for a perfect evening.

Aperol Spritz which I discovered in Magnums on Oceana

Nice bottle of St Emillion served with the beef wellington in the MDR on any P&O ship

Hendricks perfect serve in the Crows Nest on Oceana

I also enjoy a lime and ginger beer on the open decks during the day. 

8 hours ago, Cruiserjules said:

Nice bottle of St Emillion served with the beef wellington in the MDR on any P&O ship

Perfect, I'm in... 

Well, we will have to make it a different ship, I'm not keen on Oceana... 😊

Andy 

8 hours ago, Cruiserjules said:

Wait, there is no crows nest on Oceana... 

Andy 

Not my invention but I’m sure a Keir Royale should go down well in the Crows Nest as a pre lunch snifter as the 3 day old Expresses and Mails are perused and P&O are back at sea. 

On a a serious note I do like the odd whisky (Laphroig and Lagavulin) being favourites and also like G&T. Just simple Schweppes tonic ( although following advice it’s slimline- which is hmmm!) but I would suggest (if you spot it) a Tanqueray gin called Malacca. We bought a bottle of it last time we were in Gib ( on the suggestion of a fellow shopper) & it is pretty special. Their Rangpur is also pretty good. 

• Like 1

I am the boring one. For me you can’t beat a good Sauvignon Blanc before dinner, Malbec at dinner. My idea of a cocktail is a gin and tonic in the Crows Nest and for a tipple before bed, a Baileys with ice. On our recent cruise on Britannia we had the drinks package and I tried different cocktails around the pool. All nice but not a convert.  Just having a G & T, bemoaning the fact that our June cruise will be cancelled. Keep safe everyone - that is more important than any cruise.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jennizor said:

I am the boring one. For me you can’t beat a good Sauvignon Blanc before dinner, Malbec at dinner. My idea of a cocktail is a gin and tonic in the Crows Nest and for a tipple before bed, a Baileys with ice. On our recent cruise on Britannia we had the drinks package and I tried different cocktails around the pool. All nice but not a convert.  Just having a G & T, bemoaning the fact that our June cruise will be cancelled. Keep safe everyone - that is more important than any cruise.

Not boring at all, sounds idyllic... 

We should have been sailing today 😢

You keep safe too. 

Andy 

I'm with Michelle, I love the Raspberry Creme brulee.  Haven't tried re-creating it at home as it would make me cry.  I try to drink them instead of having a desert as they are so rich and creamy but those good intentions never last long and I'm soon knocking them back after one of the sundaes.  I like pretty much all of the cocktails onboard but those Raspberry things are just really tasty.

• Like 1

I also remember several years ago when "Sindhu" on Ventura was still called "East", they used to serve a rose petal martini as an aperitif, and it was lovely.  Could never stop at one.

Also the Sula wine they now serve in Sindhu is worth a mention, red or white, they're both equally good, and a real treat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bazrat said:

My favourite drink on a cruise is Clarke’s old grog but alas not on P&O or a good real ale.

Stick an umbrella in a tin of John Smith's then you will be fine. 😊

Nice to hear from you Bazrat, hope you are keeping safe. 

Andy 

• Like 1

Sorry Andy, it must be awful - safety first and all that, but it sort of hits home on days like these.

We had a go at re-creating a cruise last Sunday - Pre-dinner drinks on the balcony (patio), followed by a roast dinner with a nice bottle of wine  in the MDR (our table with a cloth and candle)  for which we "dressed", Dave in his DJ and bow tie, me in the new dress I had bought for the Iona Maiden,.   Our son suggested we might go for a walk round the streets first to give it a real "arriving at the restaurant feel" but I considered that a step too far in my heels! 

He jokingly offered to come and throw a bucket of water at the window whilst we ate too.....  

• Like 1