Favourite Cruise Drink...

AndyMichelle

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Would love to... 

Should be on Britannia today, beautiful day for a sailaway... 

Andy 

Never mind Andy ,I'm sure you will get to sail another day .:classic_smile:

Get your Michelle to knock you up a nice big  buffet to munch on and open a few beers.:classic_wink:

• Like 1

On 4/16/2020 at 4:25 PM, Caullkhead said:

My favourite drink is the longboat fizz, which is gingerbear & lime, but it’s not on the menu anymore. Followed by the Cooler collada, & in the evening a Pina collada or Miami Vice (also not on the menu anymore. Just checked the cupboard have a tin of coconut milk, pineapple juice & Malibu but no plain rum so will have a go at making Pina Colladas when the sun  comes out again. Hopefully you’ve all got that song in your head now too. 🤣🍸🍹

There is one small but key difference between longboat fizz and a ginger beer with lime. Long boat fizz has a couple of drops of Angostura bitters popped into it. Nothing to stop you ordering a ginger beer with a hint of lime and ask the waiter for a couple of drops of Angostura bitters added. Gone into Pavlov’s dog mode just thinking about it. 

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Stick an umbrella in a tin of John Smith's then you will be fine. 😊

Nice to hear from you Bazrat, hope you are keeping safe. 

Andy 

We’re doing fine How’s yourself and family as for John smith’s is that actually a beer 🍺 ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ranchi said:

There is one small but key difference between longboat fizz and a ginger beer with lime. Long boat fizz has a couple of drops of Angostura bitters popped into it. Nothing to stop you ordering a ginger beer with a hint of lime and ask the waiter for a couple of drops of Angostura bitters added. Gone into Pavlov’s dog mode just thinking about it. 

That sounds more like a seasick cure.. 

Sounds refreshing though. 

Andy 

1 minute ago, Bazrat said:

We’re doing fine How’s yourself and family as for John smith’s is that actually a beer 🍺 ?

All good in our bubble thank you. 

Never tried John Smith's so can't comment... 

Peroni for me please.. Yes, I know that's not a real man's drink... 😊

Andy 

15 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

All good in our bubble thank you. 

Never tried John Smith's so can't comment... 

Peroni for me please.. Yes, I know that's not a real man's drink... 😊

Andy 

Andy I would never judge a man or woman by what they drink,by the way isn’t peroni the modern day babycham 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Andy I would never judge a man or woman by what they drink,by the way isn’t peroni the modern day babycham 

What I would give to be sailing down Southampton Waters with one in my hand right now, like I should be... 

Andy 

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

When ordering a nice wine no one seems to opt for the Barley Wine  these days :classic_wacko::classic_unsure:

Interesting drink is Barley Wine. When we were courting Frank used to drink it. One particular night he'd had one too many. He spent the whole bus ride back talking about the perils of the  over imbibing of Barley Wine,  to an Alsatian.  Needless to say he never drank it again. 😂

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Not as nice as a babycham, with a cherry in 

Years ago it was a couple of babycham for me,, a pint for Frank then into the pictures. Afterwards walking me home eating fish & chips out of newspaper. The perfect evening. 55 years later pre- dinner drinks in Andersons five course waiter served dinner and on to the theatre. How times change. 

Avril 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Years ago it was a couple of babycham for me,, a pint for Frank then into the pictures. Afterwards walking me home eating fish & chips out of newspaper. The perfect evening. 55 years later pre- dinner drinks in Andersons five course waiter served dinner and on to the theatre. How times change. 

Avril 

Avril.

That's a bit posh now, but no Bailey's after the show??

12 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Andy your mum thought she was posh drinking babycham and my mum thought she was posh drinking snowballs with a cherry on top and that was the very first drink I had , only at Xmas though 😂

My father-in-law used to make the nicest snowballs. Advocaat, vodka, drop of lime juice and lemonade. Not technically correct but 😋😋

Avril 

• Like 1