Favourite Cruise Drink...

AndyMichelle

My hubby’s cruise cocktail is definitely a White Russian, I like it but when it was a bit rough once it made me feel nauseous!

I definitely love a glass of Zinfandel in the MDR  - I couldn’t believe how dark it was, looked almost red - was delicious though!

Cocktails I tend to try different ones depending on my mood!

On Britannia they did a delicious orange gin! Have had trouble finding it since though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

As Michelle is missing her favourite cruise tipple and as we were supposed to be on Britannia on Sunday,

Dragging this off topic but so were we! 

Was really looking forward to the overnight in Rotterdam, a fantastic city...

Have previously been there on the QM, EasyCruise 2 and was looking forward to a hat trick of photos by the Erasmus Bridge...

I remember we could get "Malibu" welcome toctail on board the Princess. It was my first cruise ever and somehow this cocktail got me chills when we started off. I mean, these little things are important. Especially if its an alcohol beverage. As one of my fellow friends on board said - the only times you remember are those when you were drunk. So yea, "Malibu" is my favourite drink 😄 

Edited by Roger88

16 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:

Dragging this off topic but so were we! 

Was really looking forward to the overnight in Rotterdam, a fantastic city...

Have previously been there on the QM, EasyCruise 2 and was looking forward to a hat trick of photos by the Erasmus Bridge...

Don't worry about going off topic, I think that is what it's all about.. 

We were so looking forward to Keukenhof and had never been to Rotterdam so was looking forward to exploring there. 

As we had done Brugge too many times, we were looking forward to a chilled day in Blankenberg, especially in this weather.. 

Oh well, hopefully next year.. 

Andy 

4 minutes ago, Otter18 said:

Not so much what I like to drink, but where...….Andersons on Aurora for me. Mind you, my better half is partial to a Bramble in the East Bar at sunset on Arcadia.

Brian

Our favourite place... 

Andy 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otter18 said:

Not so much what I like to drink, but where...….Andersons on Aurora for me. Mind you, my better half is partial to a Bramble in the East Bar at sunset on Arcadia.

Brian

I quite like the East Bar, great for a cocktail before Sindhu, however my wife really dislikes the place as it always seems cold and often empty.

• Like 1

The more I think about your original post Andy, the more I think we have become creatures of exact habits.

On Arcadia, its always unpack, go to muster then straight to the Crows Nest for sail away cocktails, back to cabin to change then to Ocean Grill for whatever with a bottle of Sancerre. We then tend to alternate evenings between the Grill and Sindhu (Especially now since I found you can mix and match the signature dish) If it's a nice sail away port we may well just do room service and a bottle of fizz on the balcony.

Aurora we have only done a couple of short trips and tended to spend time in the Crows Nest and the Glass House.

On Azura/Ventura its muster drill, then to the Glass house for a flight of wines each (sometimes 2!) then change for dinner, again Sindhu or Epicurean.

Only been on Princess once but that was a habit of eating early evening in the Pizza house with a bottle of Peroni

Almost sounds a boring habit all this eating and drinking 🙂

Happier times to come!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tartanexile81 said:

Just got my lockdown delivery and it was great- got all the alcohol I ordered so I'd give it a go!

It's getting better, but we have tried a few things that we wouldn't usually due to 'swapsies'... Mostly with success. 

Andy 

2 minutes ago, Hampshire Steve said:

The more I think about your original post Andy, the more I think we have become creatures of exact habits.

On Arcadia, its always unpack, go to muster then straight to the Crows Nest for sail away cocktails, back to cabin to change then to Ocean Grill for whatever with a bottle of Sancerre. We then tend to alternate evenings between the Grill and Sindhu (Especially now since I found you can mix and match the signature dish) If it's a nice sail away port we may well just do room service and a bottle of fizz on the balcony.

Aurora we have only done a couple of short trips and tended to spend time in the Crows Nest and the Glass House.

On Azura/Ventura its muster drill, then to the Glass house for a flight of wines each (sometimes 2!) then change for dinner, again Sindhu or Epicurean.

Only been on Princess once but that was a habit of eating early evening in the Pizza house with a bottle of Peroni

Almost sounds a boring habit all this eating and drinking 🙂

Happier times to come!

Hardly boring Steve.. 

The benefit of doing a few cruises is you get to know what you like and follow a similar routine. 

Can't wait to get back to 'boring' old cruising 😊

Andy 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Sounds idyllic, we don't need alcohol to have a fantastic time. 

Michelle's daytime tipple is often a mango mule.. 

Andy 

I'm glad you said that Andy as mine used to be a Southern Comfort with lemonade or coke or even just on it's own .

Sad to say I'm now a born again Tea Total person but not by choice :classic_unsure:

I suppose there is a vast array of drinks for me to discover :classic_smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reece.twigg-white said:

Great topic and easy for me to answer!

Dirty, Wet, Hendricks Martini with olives....

PERFECT!

Ooh, not for me Reece... 

Not grown up or cultured enough for olives... 

Gonna try one on my next cruise though.. 

Andy 

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

I'm glad you said that Andy as mine used to be a Southern Comfort with lemonade or coke or even just on it's own .

Sad to say I'm now a born again Tea Total person but not by choice :classic_unsure:

I suppose there is a vast array of drinks for me to discover :classic_smile:

I do enjoy a drink, but certainly don't need it. 

Try a mango mule, you won't be disappointed. 

Andy 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Ooh, not for me Reece... 

Not grown up or cultured enough for olives... 

Gonna try one on my next cruise though.. 

Andy 

Honestly, had a delivery of Olives by Post today 4 different types.

Difficult to get someone else to buy them on our behalf, so went on line.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

When I don't fancy an alcoholic beer, there is nothing finer than a well chilled can of Fentiman's ginger beer, it brings back loads of childhood memories, as well as being delightfully refreshing.

Mango mule has ginger beer in it, very refreshing. 

Andy 

22 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

When I don't fancy an alcoholic beer, there is nothing finer than a well chilled can of Fentiman's ginger beer, it brings back loads of childhood memories, as well as being delightfully refreshing.

Aah ginger beer! Reminds me of my childhood too , now and again I have one but nothing is as good the home made stuff my Nan used to make!

• Like 1

All these mentions of Andersons are making me jealous since Oriana (our favourite ship) and Aurora became adult only (sigh!). I keep trying cocktails on our cruises but as my hopeless palate doesn't like gin I'll just have an occasional Cuba Libre.

Never mind though, this is a fun thread and all theoretical so my wife and I will use up some of our ginormous fantasy obc with a bottle of Taittinger to start the evening in Andersons, followed by a bottle of Stoneburn Pinot Noir over dinner, then Baileys for a nightcap in the Crows Nest accompanied by some good, live music. Naturally, thanks to our fantasy lottery win we will be in a midships suite on deck B so that we do not have too far to stagger home at the end of the evening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Aah ginger beer! Reminds me of my childhood too , now and again I have one but nothing is as good the home made stuff my Nan used to make!

A glass of Ginger beer on the patio will help prevent sea sickness, as will standing under a tree. A supermarket manager told me that strangely sales of Corona beer are well down.

• Like 1