New Screening

mercury7289

Taken from another site: 

Our President Paul Ludlow say's

Cruise passengers to face more rigorous screening. 

Other changes considered include reducing capacity of ships,

scrapping self-service buffet and implementing a one way system on board once the coronavirus pandemic is under control.

He continued that these new stringent measures which may no doubt encompass rigorous pre-embarkation screening, and changes to the on-board experience for guests.

will be in place as soon as we reintroduce our ships.

And adds

We will get used to them in the same way as we got used to airline hand luggage restrictions

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Taken from another site: 

Our President Paul Ludlow say's

Cruise passengers to face more rigorous screening. 

Other changes considered include reducing capacity of ships,

scrapping self-service buffet and implementing a one way system on board once the coronavirus pandemic is under control.

He continued that these new stringent measures which may no doubt encompass rigorous pre-embarkation screening, and changes to the on-board experience for guests.

will be in place as soon as we reintroduce our ships.

And adds

We will get used to them in the same way as we got used to airline hand luggage restrictions

Unbelievable comparison!

I think our attitude to our own wellbeing will be a lot different after lockdown and we will all be looking for more space. 

You can queue for dinner at spaced out tables etc and follow one way systems like IKEA... 

The one that I can't see past is the theatre, I can't see a time when I will want to sit that close to a stranger... 

Not just cruising, but football, concerts, cinema etc... 

It will be interesting times... 

Andy 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

I think our attitude to our own wellbeing will be a lot different after lockdown and we will all be looking for more space. 

You can queue for dinner at spaced out tables etc and follow one way systems like IKEA... 

The one that I can't see past is the theatre, I can't see a time when I will want to sit that close to a stranger... 

Not just cruising, but football, concerts, cinema etc... 

It will be interesting times... 

Andy 

I think our paranoia about social distancing will take some time getting over.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think our paranoia about social distancing will take some time getting over.

I feel exactly the same. Having said that I took part in a rugby league fans survey asking if you would feel safe going to a match when restrictions are lifted. My immediate response was “No”. I was shocked to see that 85% disagreed with me!

• Like 2

I am still struggling to understand why anyone can think that pre boarding screening, however enhanced, is in anyway going to help this problem. Questionnaires are a joke, as people lie for fear of losing their holiday, and Coronavirus is completely undetectable during the first week or so during its incubation phase and swab testing takes a few days to get a result, by which time the infected person(s) have spent a few days infecting loads of other passengers. A certificate of vaccination is the only route that I can see to a safe cruise. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dinglebert said:

Welcome to my world.

I went into Morrison's on Monday with my plastic face visor on,long sleeved coat and latex gloves.

The other shoppers were wearing shorts and T shirts,no gloves or face protection and standing chatting in the aisles.

People are unbelievable.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I am still struggling to understand why anyone can think that pre boarding screening, however enhanced, is in anyway going to help this problem. Questionnaires are a joke, as people lie for fear of losing their holiday, and Coronavirus is completely undetectable during the first week or so during its incubation phase and swab testing takes a few days to get a result, by which time the infected person(s) have spent a few days infecting loads of other passengers. A certificate of vaccination is the only route that I can see to a safe cruise. 

I agree.

An Immunity passport that you had had coronavirus would be good.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I agree.

An Immunity passport that you had had coronavirus would be good.

Other than it now seems that having had it doesn’t give you immunity. To think that all this worldwide implosion started by some odd Chinese people eating dodgy bats in Wuhan. 

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I went into Morrison's on Monday with my plastic face visor on,long sleeved coat and latex gloves.

The other shoppers were wearing shorts and T shirts,no gloves or face protection and standing chatting in the aisles.

People are unbelievable.

You missed your bottom half. Lack of pants and trousers has been my downfall on so many occasions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

Other than it now seems that having had it doesn’t give you immunity. To think that all this worldwide implosion started by some odd Chinese people eating dodgy bats in Wuhan. 

I will never have a Chinese takeaway again.

I often wondered what meat was in my special chow mein.

Just now, Dinglebert said:

You missed your bottom half. Lack of pants and trousers has been my downfall on so many occasions.

Combat trousers and shoes.

As soon as I got home Pauline wiped all the food packaging down  with Dettol wipes and I put all my clothes I was wearing in the washer and got in the shower.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Combat trousers and shoes.

As soon as I got home Pauline wiped all the food packaging down  with Dettol wipes and I put all my clothes I was wearing in the washer and got in the shower.

I shall just say before I get locked up for the night that your current photo is all we need.  That one in the shower would be a step too far.

Joking aside I have the most odd of days.  One of the kids is at Uni in Glasgow and they had handed in their notice to the landlord the that ends tomorrow.  We had held off as long as we could to close the flat down.  I had to make a decision as to if going to Glasgow to pick up the rest of their things and clean their bit of the flat was a breach of current guidelines.  Decided rightly or wrongly that we had little choice.  It was an odd drive.  The furthest the car had been for weeks.  I work for the NHS, felt guilty that I was doing something I shouldn't.   I have no real idea what not being locked down is going to feel like at first.  Have developed in a short period of time a wish not trusting to be around other people.

I want to get back to being on a cruise.  No idea when relaxed is going to come into it.

• Like 2

It's a news report, here is a link. Imagine only being able to walk one way round a ship, if you are at the stern and going for dinner then realise you left something in your cabin.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-04-29/cruise-passengers-to-face-rigorous-medical-checks-before-being-allow-to-travel/

Edited by emam
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

I shall just say before I get locked up for the night that your current photo is all we need.  That one in the shower would be a step too far.

Joking aside I have the most odd of days.  One of the kids is at Uni in Glasgow and they had handed in their notice to the landlord the that ends tomorrow.  We had held off as long as we could to close the flat down.  I had to make a decision as to if going to Glasgow to pick up the rest of their things and clean their bit of the flat was a breach of current guidelines.  Decided rightly or wrongly that we had little choice.  It was an odd drive.  The furthest the car had been for weeks.  I work for the NHS, felt guilty that I was doing something I shouldn't.   I have no real idea what not being locked down is going to feel like at first.  Have developed in a short period of time a wish not trusting to be around other people.

I want to get back to being on a cruise.  No idea when relaxed is going to come into it.

Respect from me for working for the NHS.

My 3 days in hospital in December after my NSTEMI and coronary stent fitted the doctors and nurses were amazing.

Edited by grapau27

4 minutes ago, Denarius said:

All sounds totally impracticable to me, even before you consider social distancing in the lifts and tenders.

I agree - Ludlow is just putting a brave face on.

Many people on cruises are not in the best of health,  and have trouble walking 20 yards.  With a one way system,  (no overtaking!) that might entail a 200yard walk back to their cabin, the whole cruise would become a week long hokey cokey line!