Complimentary Gift?

phabric

My agent knows that my cruise is to celebrate my birthday.  On my Personalizer under Onboard Services, it shows Celebrations- birthday (celebrate onboard), complimentary gift.

Is the complimentary gift, the sign and balloons on the cabin door or something else?

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

no more balloons 

Correct ... maybe a sign on your door and a card in your room with instructions to give to the maitre'd or head waiter in the dining room the night of your chosing.  Basically, you trade in that card to get a chocolate birthday cake ... oh, and a happy birthday song from the available crew.  They are actually not bad and will wrap it up to take to your room if you don't finish it.  

Unless your TA is also giving you something special, which wouldn't show up on the personalizer anyway, the above description is about all you're going to get.  

10 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Unless your TA is also giving you something special, which wouldn't show up on the personalizer anyway, the above description is about all you're going to get.  

My personalizer is showing gifts from our TA......

21 minutes ago, Schonert said:

And the cake with a candle on it.  Really not much.  That is what it said on mine when it was my birthday.

A piece of paper stating that you are entitled to a cake upon presentation. After the first cake, we now use the piece of paper as a coaster.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Oh good ...maybe he/she is giving you something in addition to the Bday cake.  

Not my birthday, but they are giving us both 20 days of Premier Beverage Package and unlimited internet....pretty nice gifts.

But my point is that TA gifts can be seen online....maybe not all, but some

Edited by chrysalis

16 minutes ago, chrysalis said:

Not my birthday, but they are giving us both 20 days of Premier Beverage Package and unlimited internet....pretty nice gifts.

I was referring to seeing it under the gift for a birthday celebration section, not the perks that are provided by the travel agency under the booking. 

I'm pretty sure your TA is not giving you 20 days of beverages and the unlimited internet because it is your birthday.  

I guess I should have clarified that.  

I have to laugh as this is what is listed under a cruise for which I am currently booked on ... notice how the complimentary gift came with a price tag of $685.10?  This is part of the total cost under the booking and not complimentary at all.  

Item Type Quantity Price Package Purchased By Cancel
Premier Beverage Package With Tips 1 $685.10 Compliments Of PRINCESS CRUISES

Complimentary Gift

Edited by Cruise Raider

On our Panama Canal cruise in 2019, we celebrated both my father and sister's birthdays.   The day after they redeemed their cake voucher, they both received a free dinner voucher (delivered to the cabins in the morning) at one of the fee based restaurant.  

As stated , you  should receive A sign on your door , perhaps a balloon , a card in your cabin to give to your waiter or maitre’d for a  small cake and song at  Dinner on night of your choice.

Any actual TA gift such as wine , notification of OBC , etc. will be delivered to your as a different card .

3 hours ago, chrysalis said:

The TA can choose what their client sees online (I think) for gifts.

If you are sailing on a medallion ship, you no longer get the big cardboard sign attached to the door. They now just note your birthday on the medallion screen next to your door and only on the day you noted to celebrate it.

We would always note the birthday early in the cruise so the sign would be there all cruise long, but no more with medallion cruises. 

You should ask your travel agent what the gift is.

By the way in the Cruise Personaliser you can also note any events that you are celebrating. There is a menu for this.

Princess actually responds with some free events that would normally have a charge.

9 hours ago, phabric said:

My agent knows that my cruise is to celebrate my birthday.  On my Personalizer under Onboard Services, it shows Celebrations- birthday (celebrate onboard), complimentary gift.

Is the complimentary gift, the sign and balloons on the cabin door or something else?

If your cruise is anytime in 2020 I think that there is a very good chance that you'll never see your birthday gift unfortunately.

16 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

A piece of paper stating that you are entitled to a cake upon presentation. After the first cake, we now use the piece of paper as a coaster.

We tried that. Waaay too much food, so we try to skip the cake. They brought it anyway on 2 different cruises.

BTW: we didn't fill out the Birthday thing in the Personalizer. Still got the cake.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

We were on the Sky for its TA this past fall and were celebrating both our anniversary and DH's b'day. Princess gave us a $50 certificate for the spa. I used it toward an acupuncture treatment to try to alleviate the knee pain from an injury I sustained on the way over to Spain. Didn't help.

Edited by yerdua
  • Like 1

When a gift is purchased for a passenger, either by the TA or a friend, etc, there is a choice to show or hide the gift.  When the gift is delivered, there will be indication of who it is from.  On the perks, such as beverage package, it will show the value of the package.  The TA also has the ability to hide or show this item on the cruise personalizer.

On 4/29/2020 at 2:38 PM, phabric said:

My SIL’s birthday is near the end of our cruise.  Under Celebrations I put his name and to celebrate his birthday, his shows up under Onboard Services the same as my with a complimentary gift. 

I think we both will get the birthday greeting since we are on the new Discovery which is a medallion ship which will be on the mailbox.