NCL gave me a FCC but I want a refund

I got an email a week or so ago cancelling our cruse of May 31.  They offered a refund or FCC but I have to wait until May 7 to apply for the refund.  Now, today, another email saying they have issued a FCC !  I guess I'll have to call them and wait in line for xx minutes (hours?) to get this straightened out.  Any other thoughts as to what I should do?

We also received the cancellation notice for our May 15th cruise last week and the FCC today. The refund form will be available on the NCL site beginning May 7th. You can fill it our then to request a refund.

From the NCL site.

Guests who prefer to not take advantage of a future cruise credit for suspended sailings scheduled to embark beginning May 15, 2020, can elect to receive a lesser refund to the original form of payment 90 days after submitting a Refund Form which will be located on this page on May 7, 2020 and must be submitted no later than May 13, 2020.

1 hour ago, The Other Tom said:

I got an email a week or so ago cancelling our cruse of May 31.  They offered a refund or FCC but I have to wait until May 7 to apply for the refund.  Now, today, another email saying they have issued a FCC !  I guess I'll have to call them and wait in line for xx minutes (hours?) to get this straightened out.  Any other thoughts as to what I should do?

Everyone was issued the FCC regardless...once you apply for the refund on May 7th and the refund is issued in 90 days, the FCC will disappear

11 hours ago, divenuts said:

We also received the cancellation notice for our May 15th cruise last week and the FCC today. The refund form will be available on the NCL site beginning May 7th. You can fill it our then to request a refund.

From the NCL site.

Guests who prefer to not take advantage of a future cruise credit for suspended sailings scheduled to embark beginning May 15, 2020, can elect to receive a lesser refund to the original form of payment 90 days after submitting a Refund Form which will be located on this page on May 7, 2020 and must be submitted no later than May 13, 2020.

Thanks

• Like 1

My April cruise was canceled and I filled out the cash refund form back on 3/23, haven't received the refund yet. Since then I've received multiple emails and snail mail about how much FCC I have, I called in to make sure my refund request is still active/processing which it is. Agent said the FCC gets issued automatically and that then generates the emails/mail you are getting about the FCC, but they have no effect on your refund request. Simply put she said to just ignore the emails/mails as the company is trying to get people to use the FCC, and that the FCC will be removed from your account when the refund is finally issued.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Other Tom said:

Reread the first email. Your answer is in it. image.thumb.png.43320d4c9bde548ee34e0b50d0e1df03.png

2 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Reread the first email. Your answer is in it. image.thumb.png.43320d4c9bde548ee34e0b50d0e1df03.png

What???? You mean actually read information made available...... reading all the way to the 7th word ("automatically") is exhausting..  ugh

12 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

What???? You mean actually read information made available...... reading all the way to the 7th word ("automatically") is exhausting..  ugh

😂😂😂😂 Thank you! I needed that laugh - today has been a long month! 😂😂😂

NCL thinks that by giving you a FCC you will be stupid enough to take it.

They call the other option (the refund) "a lesser value refund," which they neglect to say is actually the greater offer because you will never receive your 100% refund.  NCL is acting like the guy who hands you a rose and expects you will accept it and pay for it.

What a little league act by a large cruise company.  NCL you are a disgrace.

I would dispute the charge with the credit card companies for services not rendered and goods not delivered.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, cruiser4801 said:

NCL thinks that by giving you a FCC you will be stupid enough to take it.

They call the other option (the refund) "a lesser value refund," which they neglect to say is actually the greater offer because you will never receive your 100% refund.  NCL is acting like the guy who hands you a rose and expects you will accept it and pay for it.

What a little league act by a large cruise company.  NCL you are a disgrace.

I would dispute the charge with the credit card companies for services not rendered and goods not delivered.

LOL..you didn't stay gone very long.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

When I canceled my airline flight for my cancelled cruise, my airline only gave me a future fly credit (no option for a refund). NCL is being more than generous giving full refunds. 

Haven’t most all airlines changed that.  I know southwest did for my flight.  But I kept the credit. As I know I’ll use it before the year.  

37 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Make sure that when you dispute the charge, you fully disclose to your credit card company that you have already received full compensation for the cancelled cruise (in the form of a FCC) and that you want the credit card company to get you a second full refund. And that you are going to request a third full refund from NCL when the refund link for your cruise date opens.

Triple Dipping!

When I canceled my airline flight for my cancelled cruise, my airline only gave me a future fly credit (no option for a refund). NCL is being more than generous giving full refunds. 

dont do this, you will never get your money, bad advice 

40 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Make sure that when you dispute the charge, you fully disclose to your credit card company that you have already received full compensation for the cancelled cruise (in the form of a FCC) and that you want the credit card company to get you a second full refund. And that you are going to request a third full refund from NCL when the refund link for your cruise date opens.

Triple Dipping!

Triple dipping or triple insurance, LOL

Triple dipping would put you in a class right there with the airline and cruise companies.

10 minutes ago, Newleno said:

dont do this, you will never get your money, bad advice 

You know that was sarcasm pointed at the internet judge ,right. Guess not lol 

Edited by Ptroxx
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

You may have missed all the drama earlier that thankfully the mods got rid of.  🙂

Oh no, I didn't miss it at all.  But the mods missed the posts about canceling your credit card just in case your absolutely legitimate chargeback gets denied and the one about the phantom changes to the cruise contract.

Since the sun has come out and the mods killed most of the entertainment, I guess I have to go do the yardwork. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2020 at 8:23 PM, The Other Tom said:

I have called NCL several times over the past week to set up replacement trips.  The wait online was never over ten minutes.  Don't go through life being such a pessimist.  

9 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

I have called NCL several times over the past week to set up replacement trips.  The wait online was never over ten minutes.  Don't go through life being such a pessimist.  

There isn't even any reason for him to call, as there's nothing that needs to be "straightened out"! 

The email sent explains it very well - FCC's are issued automatically and should one prefer a refund instead, they simply click the link in the email from May 7th to 13th to request said refund.

Easy peasy.

• 6 months later...

Not...I clicked refund and they automatically stuck me with an FCC. The slime balls then called and tricked my wife saying that she had to select another cruse or lose our funds. Now we’re double locked into a service that has never been delivered. Even if they could deliver it, is it materially  different than what I originally paid for? No Dancing? No Buffets? 500 hour wait times for individual boats to shuttle you to shore excursions? Of course it is! Some of you may want to hang around and see what NCL does but not me. I want my money back!! Jesus! You didn’t deliver what we paid for so give us our money back Norwegian!

3 minutes ago, GARN911 said:

Not...I clicked refund and they automatically stuck me with an FCC. The slime balls then called and tricked my wife saying that she had to select another cruse or lose our funds. Now we’re double locked into a service that has never been delivered. Even if they could deliver it, is it materially  different than what I originally paid for? No Dancing? No Buffets? 500 hour wait times for individual boats to shuttle you to shore excursions? Of course it is! Some of you may want to hang around and see what NCL does but not me. I want my money back!! Jesus! You didn’t deliver what we paid for so give us our money back Norwegian!

Everyone cancelled during the early cancellations were offered a chance to request a refund. Too late now if you didn’t request it then. The emails were very clear on the options and the dates by which you needed to request a refund. 

From your description, you accepted the FCC and used it. By doing so, you accepted the terms and conditions do the FCC.  So it now has no cash value. 

T&C: Note FCCs have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a guest opts to retain the FCC provided, the guest hereby agrees to all of NCL’s terms and conditions associated with the FCC, which can also be found on www.ncl.com/cruise-faq. Please be advised that at no time will an FCC be redeemable for cash, including but not limited to situations of possible future cruise suspensions, displacements, cancellations or if the FCC exceeds the time in which it must be used.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GARN911 said:

The process was clear - FCC was automatic for everyone initially, and those who did not want it had to submit the form for a refund *and not use the FCC*.

I seriously doubt any "slime balls" "tricked" your wife into anything. 

It sounds to me more like you failed to keep her in the loop. 

And no, even if your exaggerations were reality, it's not materially different. Per the contract, this is all that your fare includes:

3. Terms of Fare:

(a) Items Included in Fare: The fare paid by the Guest for this ticket includes transportation on the vessel named herein, full board, and ordinary vessel food