FCC and Refund for Taxes and Fees

We were scheduled to cruise on Oasis on 3/22-3/29. We were told that the taxes and fees would be refunded to us and we would receive a 125% FCC. We were emailed the FCC but it was not 125% and actually was less than we paid minus the taxes and fees. We also have still not been refunded the taxes and fees and are constantly being told it was sent to their bank. We used a travel agent and can't get a return call from them.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

6 minutes ago, richardlfd135 said:

We were scheduled to cruise on Oasis on 3/22-3/29. We were told that the taxes and fees would be refunded to us and we would receive a 125% FCC. We were emailed the FCC but it was not 125% and actually was less than we paid minus the taxes and fees. We also have still not been refunded the taxes and fees and are constantly being told it was sent to their bank. We used a travel agent and can't get a return call from them.

Still waiting for taxes and fees from our March 15 cruise. 

our FCC was correct. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 5/2/2020 at 5:08 PM, richardlfd135 said:

I feel bad for you guys. No return calls from the TA? That would be a lesson right there for me to cut the middleman out next time. Again, so sorry.

Called April 17 to see where FCC was and the TA was told to check back after April 30. Called TA today and RCCL has "misplaced " the FCC  amount and to check back in another week, they were sending a note to accounting to find out what had happened. Sigh. Have not received the tax credit yet.

Received our FCC (totally correct) on May 1 for an April 12 cruise.  TA submitted our request under the Cruise with Confidence on March 13.  Taxes have not yet been refunded.  Thinking we'll see those on our next credit card statement. 

For our May 29 cruise we requested a refund.  No movement on it yet.  Have read here on CC, refunds are processed once the cruise date has passed.  Urban legend or fact, not sure. 🙂

Maybe July before that one hits our credit card statement since it wasn't ending until the first week of June. 

Curious to see what cruising will look like once it begins again. 

On 5/2/2020 at 5:27 PM, SharkCruiser24 said:

Also still waiting in taxes, fees, and gratuities however I did receive the FCC in the correct amount. Already re-booked for Symphony. I did received all pre-booked activities from the pre-cruise planner refunds. 

First, congrats on the FCC. Question on your re-booking though. Let's say you paid, just as an example, $4k for your cruise. You re-booked your Symphony cruise and you find out that the rebook is worth only $3000. Where does the difference in $1000 pan out?

19 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You'll get that as a new FCC after the end of the sailing.

Sounds like a shell game to me. The nightmare stories of this entire FCC program is enough to turn me away from RCL completely. Right now I just want a full refund.....if it sails though, fine, we are on.

So now that they are extending the use of the FCCs to April 30, 2022,  if I want to use my FCC I received already for my March 22nd cruise cancelled by Royal for a January 2022 cruise I already have booked, I have to wait for them to be reissued with the new date. This is the latest I’ve been told by Royal. I am now wishing I just took the cash refund and didn’t even get involved with these FCCs.  

Edited by RosieRoo

We received our port charges, taxes and fees returned to the credit card last week for a 3/29 Oasis cruise.  My TA cancelled 2 hours before RC announced the shut down and they will not give us the 125% FCC because we cancelled 2 hours early.  All I want is my $ back before that becomes an issue.  Has anybody been refunded the Royal Vacation Protection Plan?  This wasn't our first RC cruise but it well may be our last.

8 minutes ago, felton183 said:

We received our port charges, taxes and fees returned to the credit card last week for a 3/29 Oasis cruise.  My TA cancelled 2 hours before RC announced the shut down and they will not give us the 125% FCC because we cancelled 2 hours early.  All I want is my $ back before that becomes an issue.  Has anybody been refunded the Royal Vacation Protection Plan?  This wasn't our first RC cruise but it well may be our last.

IIf you cancel the Insurance van be moved to a different sailing.  Only if Royal cancels is it refunded

2 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

So now that they are extending the use of the FCCs to April 30, 2022,  if I want to use my FCC I received already for my March 22nd cruise cancelled by Royal for a January 2022 cruise I already have booked, I have to wait for them to be reissued with the new date. This is the latest I’ve been told by Royal. I am now wishing I just took the cash refund and didn’t even get involved with these FCCs.  

I would try calling back.  I was under the impression that they are not re issuing these FCC's and the new date is automatically reflected.

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would try calling back.  I was under the impression that they are not re issuing these FCC's and the new date is automatically reflected.

I got an email from them saying they changed the date and it would automatically be noted in the system and they wouldn’t be reissued. Then they told me on the phone I had to wait for them to be reissued when I tried to use them.  No one knows what is going on.  I’ll talk to someone else tomorrow.