LET'S BUILD OUR IDEAL P&O SHIP

1 hour ago, Twogreynomads said:

Or how about Britannias?

image.jpeg

I would prefer Oriana's - but before they installed the wall of plastic foliage! If it has to be a current ship, then I would go for Aurora's. An atrium may look good but the bigger it is, the more space it uses up that could be another bar or lounge...

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 2:58 PM, pete14 said:

I concur with Prestos requirement for good useable space at the back of the ship. We normally go for cabins on the back and it is a great place to be, looking out over the wake from the deep balcony. Provided we can have useable space and a cabin with a big balcony  Maybe with the wide expertise and skills of our fellow posters, we could build it ourselves. As shipbuilding is not my forte, I volunteer to be project director or foreman so I can do least damage. Any other volunteers?

Pete you will love the Aft space on this beauty !:classic_smile:

On 5/9/2020 at 3:40 PM, Presto2 said:

It has to have lots of lovely aft cabins with a lovely large balcony and NO soot ! 😉

I would like to help with cabin design so that we get decent storage space 😉

The Job is yours :classic_biggrin: and we got plenty of storage space !

On 5/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, AndyMichelle said:

Yeah we got this... 

Kalos has a big role to play as he is accommodation and entertainment Guru.. 

Andy 

I think the accommodation is sorted , just need someone to sing ,Avril maybe  ? :classic_wacko:

On 5/10/2020 at 9:51 PM, Adawn47 said:

No children, only the young at heart with a good sense of humour.

Avril 

Your going to need a  a good sense of humour to spend a week on this one .:classic_unsure:

On 5/11/2020 at 11:21 AM, AndyMichelle said:

I think we have Oceana's engine, Heinz are letting us keep it for 57 quid... 

Andy 

I'm so glad to read you have access to a ship engine Andy. How did you know I needed one ?

It just so happens that I got talking to this guy (social  distancing ) and found out he was selling a cruise ship !

I know, can you believe it , our search is over folks !

This you will be amazed at but he is willing to do a straight swap for the caravan .

It comes with no engine and as the guy said "the back end could do with a tidy up and it has plenty of space with

some nice views ."

I have told him I will get back to him as I know we would need someone to sail it and I only have a car license ,

so one of you maybe ??

Tried phoning up Admiral insurance to get it put on my car insurance but they were closed due to covid .:classic_sad:

Anyway guys it's up to you lot ,do you think we should go for it ? 

I will be honest with you .I have only had a week boating on the Norfolk broads in the self drive sense and was crap

at parking that one up as well....... Captain Andy has a ring to it ?  :classic_cool:

Here she is ...  :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_love:

768-c8ec32819000.thumb.jpg.615520bc58cb4257f04480859c314d1f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Pete you will love the Aft space on this beauty !:classic_smile:

The Job is yours :classic_biggrin: and we got plenty of storage space !

I think the accommodation is sorted , just need someone to sing ,Avril maybe  ? :classic_wacko:

Your going to need a  a good sense of humour to spend a week on this one .:classic_unsure:

I'm so glad to read you have access to a ship engine Andy. How did you know I needed one ?

It just so happens that I got talking to this guy (social  distancing ) and found out he was selling a cruise ship !

I know, can you believe it , our search is over folks !

This you will be amazed at but he is willing to do a straight swap for the caravan .

It comes with no engine and as the guy said "the back end could do with a tidy up and it has plenty of space with

some nice views ."

I have told him I will get back to him as I know we would need someone to sail it and I only have a car license ,

so one of you maybe ??

Tried phoning up Admiral insurance to get it put on my car insurance but they were closed due to covid .:classic_sad:

Anyway guys it's up to you lot ,do you think we should go for it ? 

I will be honest with you .I have only had a week boating on the Norfolk broads in the self drive sense and was crap

at parking that one up as well....... Captain Andy has a ring to it ?  :classic_cool:

Here she is ...  :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_love:

768-c8ec32819000.thumb.jpg.615520bc58cb4257f04480859c314d1f.jpg

Seems to have a Costa chimney so we will have to paint it. I suggest Stoke City red and white. Before I commit myself, I need to see the back to make sure my cabin’s balcony is as big as I expect. The ship itself does seem a bit small for the sort of atrium some people are expecting and nobody expressed a desire for open plan cabins at the front. Apart from that, it looks great. I don’t mind trying my hand at driving whilst she is at sea with nothing to get in the way. Somebody else will have to park it though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

May  I suggest  if we are painting it in  Stoke City red and white colours, it maybe a good idea that

you do try your hand at driving  whilst she is at sea, to save any embarrassment.

Can you imagine trying to dock in Southampton when they are playing a home game.

I would not worry about space for your aft balcony Pete ,anything that blocks your view we would

simply move it up the front end of the ship . Loads of space !

We could even be the first ship to have a front of ship atrium if you wanted to.

Glad you like it ,the first time I saw her I could not believe what I was looking at either.:classic_unsure:

Do you know anywhere around Stoke we could possibly dock her ?:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Seems to have a Costa chimney so we will have to paint it. I suggest Stoke City red and white. Before I commit myself, I need to see the back to make sure my cabin’s balcony is as big as I expect. The ship itself does seem a bit small for the sort of atrium some people are expecting and nobody expressed a desire for open plan cabins at the front. Apart from that, it looks great. I don’t mind trying my hand at driving whilst she is at sea with nothing to get in the way. Somebody else will have to park it though. 

No, Captain Kalos definitely has a better ring to it. 

First mate Andy is more my comfort zone. 

I'm looking forward to seeing our 'Headliners' 

The boy band that is Graham, Pete, Damian, Terrier John, Harry and Wowzz will definitely spark the audience.. 

Avril & Frank are our own Peters & Lee and we have lots of contenders for the female dance troupe... 💃

Andy 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

No, Captain Kalos definitely has a better ring to it. 

First mate Andy is more my comfort zone. 

I'm looking forward to seeing our 'Headliners' 

The boy band that is Graham, Pete, Damian, Terrier John, Harry and Wowzz will definitely spark the audience.. 

Avril & Frank are our own Peters & Lee and we have lots of contenders for the female dance troupe... 💃

Andy 

Nah I'm still getting flashbacks from my time on the Norfolk broads dont know about captain Kalos ,more like your 

captain crash .I would be more like what Mike Tyson would be to ballet dancing , if you get my drift .

I am still worried about a ship in Stokes colours being parked up in Southampton  though.:classic_unsure:

Maybe if we took it up north ? Maybe somewhere like Sunderland !

Graham would make an excellent captain as he has experience with big ships and is a elite / diamond member in 

certain cruising circles.That makes him almost a captain in my book .Besides he could look after it when in dock

as he only lives ten minutes away from the sea .If not, we could try Wowzz  as he could do tours down to Cleethorpes and back .:classic_wink:

Edited by kalos

24 minutes ago, kalos said:

Nah I'm still getting flashbacks from my time on the Norfolk broads dont know about captain Kalos ,more like your 

captain crash .I would be more like what Mike Tyson would be to ballet dancing , if you get my drift .

I am still worried about a ship in Stokes colours being parked up in Southampton  though.:classic_unsure:

Maybe if we took it up north ? Maybe somewhere like Sunderland !

Graham would make an excellent captain as he has experience with big ships and is a elite / diamond member in 

certain cruising circles.That makes him almost a captain in my book .Besides he could look after it when in dock

as he only lives ten minutes away from the sea .If not, we could try Wowzz  as he could do tours down to Cleethorpes and back .:classic_wink:

Captain Graham gets my vote.. 

He spends more time at sea than the crew do, so must have picked up a thing or two... 

Wowzz is on the complaints desk, listening to Harry... 😂

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Captain Graham gets my vote.. 

He spends more time at sea than the crew do, so must have picked up a thing or two... 

Wowzz is on the complaints desk, listening to Harry... 😂

Andy 

I thought Harry could do talks in the theatre and double up with John for Q&A sessions :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

May  I suggest  if we are painting it in  Stoke City red and white colours, it maybe a good idea that

you do try your hand at driving  whilst she is at sea, to save any embarrassment.

Can you imagine trying to dock in Southampton when they are playing a home game.

I would not worry about space for your aft balcony Pete ,anything that blocks your view we would

simply move it up the front end of the ship . Loads of space !

We could even be the first ship to have a front of ship atrium if you wanted to.

Glad you like it ,the first time I saw her I could not believe what I was looking at either.:classic_unsure:

Do you know anywhere around Stoke we could possibly dock her ?:classic_biggrin:

When in Southampton we could pretend it is Southampton FC red and white instead of Stoke City. May suit Andy better that way anyway. 

I am not to bothered about an atrium, seems like a bit of a waste of space and we wouldn’t need shops because I don’t suppose any of us are daft enough to buy their over priced tat (almost describes the ship itself). 

We have canals and lakes in Stoke but I think using them to dock may be a problem. It may raise the tone of the ‘dockland area’ and access to the sea may be tricky.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I thought Harry could do talks in the theatre and double up with John for Q&A sessions :classic_smile:

Confused me at first. I couldn’t understand why you would want our heron to talk in the theatre. A fine specimen he may be but not great at public speaking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Oh come on Andy Britannia might be understated but it is definitely not very elegant.

Different tastes John, I think it is very elegant. 

38 years working with designers has made me appreciate simplicity. 

Andy 

9 minutes ago, pete14 said:

When in Southampton we could pretend it is Southampton FC red and white instead of Stoke City. May suit Andy better that way anyway. 

I am not to bothered about an atrium, seems like a bit of a waste of space and we wouldn’t need shops because I don’t suppose any of us are daft enough to buy their over priced tat (almost describes the ship itself). 

We have canals and lakes in Stoke but I think using them to dock may be a problem. It may raise the tone of the ‘dockland area’ and access to the sea may be tricky.

We are gonna have a proper market with Del Boy types selling out of suitcases... 

Trevor Francis track suits and the like.. 

Andy 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kalos said:

As shipbuilding is not my forte, I volunteer to be project director or foreman so I can do least damage

I'll volunteer Frank as carpenter /joiner. He's made hotel bars, waiter service stations etc. Never built a wooden ship though funnily enough. Still I'm sure if you want one, they'll be instructions somewhere on YouTube. 

Avril 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Only if you want to be captain of the Mary Celeste 😆

Avril 

It was just an idea Avril ,my thinking was if we said we had a singer from the coal fields ,most would think Welsh.

As we are not having any shops,we would have more bars,so they would be too far gone to realise a) Your from the 

Barnsley coalfields and  b) You can sing but not very good .

If Frank can put up with your singing all these years ,the audience should put up with you for half an hour .

If not send them down to our complaints dept , that's if they dare go near it.:classic_unsure:

Bye the way if your wondering why no shops ?  It would clash with our Atrium Britannia Experience , which is 

a coach trip to Meadowhall where they can gaze up at the dome for a while .

Hope that allays any worries you may have had .:classic_wink:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Twogreynomads said:

I think we will ask Harry Redknap to run the market  ( sorry, high class emporium )

He could certainly help with financing the whole project but any active contribution is a no from me.

31 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Harry Redknapp was on a Princess cruise were on last year as a guest speaker and he was very interesting and very approachable and likeable person.

In that case, count him in. He can’t drive the ship can he?

Hear me out and don't shout.

I think P&O should build two new ships as i am not sure where in the market they are. They are certainly not at the level of the 5* ships, Cunard etc however they are not at the lower "fun end" ships like Carnival.  I almost think P & O take the British market for granted and as such are happy to have mid range ships.

First ship would be for adults only. All the adults who like to cruise with out children running around. The ship would be a higher class, decor and shows/activities.

The 2nd ship would be more family friendly with more to do for the children rather then into kids clubs. RCL ships do this very well, water slides, ice skating, mini golf etc. Also love the open boardwalk and atrium. 

Granted i have only been on Ventura with P & O and had a great time but as i am now a parent i think P & O need to look at the fun ships and introduce more "fun" for the family. I know from experience i always spend more when i have my family with me.

Regards Daron

4 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Hear me out and don't shout.

I think P&O should build two new ships as i am not sure where in the market they are. They are certainly not at the level of the 5* ships, Cunard etc however they are not at the lower "fun end" ships like Carnival.  I almost think P & O take the British market for granted and as such are happy to have mid range ships.

First ship would be for adults only. All the adults who like to cruise with out children running around. The ship would be a higher class, decor and shows/activities.

The 2nd ship would be more family friendly with more to do for the children rather then into kids clubs. RCL ships do this very well, water slides, ice skating, mini golf etc. Also love the open boardwalk and atrium. 

Granted i have only been on Ventura with P & O and had a great time but as i am now a parent i think P & O need to look at the fun ships and introduce more "fun" for the family. I know from experience i always spend more when i have my family with me.

Regards Daron

The first ship already exists - Saga have built it. 

• Like 1