Will track and trace make cruising more difficult?

pete14

and those that are stupid enough to go one of them deserve all they get. Carnival Cruise Line are not bothered about the welfare and the safety of thier passengers or crew all they are bothered about is money and is far too early to start cruising especially has COVID cases and deaths are still on the increase in US.

Edited by majortom10

14 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

and those that are stupid enough to go one of them deserve all they get. Carnival Cruise Line are not bothered about the welfare and the safety of thier passengers or crew all they are bothered about is money and is far too early to start cruising especially has COVID cases and deaths are still on the increase in US.

But the app will help, won't it ?. P&O are American, they will sail. We are on Iona at the end of August.

49 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I am assuming the app only registers people within 2 metres of your phone, and staying there for several minutes, and therefore might have been close enough to infect you. 

And of course if you dont self isolate your phone will self destruct in 10 seconds.😝

No, the app cannot register distance. So it could connect to someone 30 metres away. 

20 minutes ago, wowzz said:

No, the app cannot register distance. So it could connect to someone 30 metres away. 

The NHS app can accurately measure distance according to the app website, are they lying wowzz?

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The NHS app can accurately measure distance according to the app website, are they lying wowzz?

Always happy to stand corrected. The app does measure distance. I got my "wrong" information from a radio show last week, when the issue about distance was raised. 

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

But the app will help, won't it ?. P&O are American, they will sail. We are on Iona at the end of August.

You are dreaming that you will be on Iona in August. She isnt even finished yet and cannot see her sailing by then.

46 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

You are dreaming that you will be on Iona in August. She isnt even finished yet and cannot see her sailing by then.

Dreams can come true.🚢😁

18 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Not with P&O

We have some good memories with them and Celebrity and NCL and RCI. More to come,starting with Iona in August. Gary Barlow should be good.

11 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have some good memories with them and Celebrity and NCL and RCI. More to come,starting with Iona in August. Gary Barlow should be good.

You are dreaming again because it wont happen be lucky if Iona is finished by then and complete her sea trials never mind get staff in place and Norway allows her to dock in August which I doubt.

Edited by majortom10

30 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

You are dreaming again because it wont happen be lucky if Iona is finished by then and complete her sea trials never mind get staff in place and Norway allows her to dock in August which I doubt.

If we can't dock, we can meander around the fjords. 😷

10 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Sounds good to me.

A trip round the fjords with stops in Bergen and Stockholm sorted. Our insurance still covers us and the app will let us know of any infected folks. Result.

56 minutes ago, zap99 said:

A trip round the fjords with stops in Bergen and Stockholm sorted. Our insurance still covers us and the app will let us know of any infected folks. Result.

Or, more importantly tell the locals that they have been infected. Can't imagine them being very happy to have all those Brits coming ashore.

Did i read yesterday that the IOW trial has discovered the app does not work well with I phones. We are android, i will probably download, but then again we are rarely going out, and staying well away from humans when we do...so hopefully will be ok.

May not be August, but I also feel the American cruise companies that side of the pond will try and get people back on ships before its safe to do so.

They could not do the same here as we have to have travel insurance this side of the pond, and until all insurance companies are prepared to cover for the virus, no one will go anywhere.

On 5/5/2020 at 7:44 PM, Son of Anarchy said:

You haven't met my mum!

Or my Dad, bless him! I want to introduce them to internet shopping but bless him instead of 6 bananas he’d probably order 6 pounds worth!!(although he’s getting quite good at ordering from Amazon !!)

20 hours ago, zap99 said:

Princess have stopped all sailings in 2020 including all from Southampton, you need to start accepting it Zap!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Or my Dad, bless him! I want to introduce them to internet shopping but bless him instead of 6 bananas he’d probably order 6 pounds worth!!(although he’s getting quite good at ordering from Amazon !!)

Give it a go, we taught my mother in law at 86 to do online shopping from Sainsbury's and she did very well with it.  She did once manage to order 6 packets of spaghetti on one occasion but over the eight years until  she passed away that was the only error.

Edited by Josy1953

8 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Princess have stopped all sailings in 2020 including all from Southampton, you need to start accepting it Zap!

Southampton yes, but not ALL cruises

Less strain on the app without having to cater for all those princessians.

1 hour ago, the english lady said:

Did i read yesterday that the IOW trial has discovered the app does not work well with I phones. We are android, i will probably download, but then again we are rarely going out, and staying well away from humans when we do...so hopefully will be ok.

May not be August, but I also feel the American cruise companies that side of the pond will try and get people back on ships before its safe to do so.

They could not do the same here as we have to have travel insurance this side of the pond, and until all insurance companies are prepared to cover for the virus, no one will go anywhere.

I have an android, but DW has an iPhone. As we will now have to stay together for the app to be able to track us, that will stop her sneaking of to have tea with Gary in August on Iona.

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Southampton yes, but not ALL cruises

Less strain on the app without having to cater for all those princessians.

From reading the Bloomberg article it looks as though Princess has cancelled cruising worldwide until Autumn.

• Like 1