Substantial Doubt of 'Going Concern'

kwokpot

58 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Packed beaches for a few hours after lockdown and the ability to go home immediately after is a bit less risky and less expensive, Seaman. The beach is free. Not quite the same thing. What ships are there to fill up and where are they going to go? You have one big set of rose colored glasses, that’s for sure . 

Beaches also attract locals.

Try running a cruise line with only locals aboard

2 minutes ago, billyu said:

The local radio news station never reports on things like the cruise industry. One of the stories being reported today was NCL is going out business because it’s unsafe to cruise.

Persecution is reality.

welll its the media, they need the headlines to grab the clicks.  they could be right , but they like to exaggerate also. 

1 minute ago, billyu said:

Beaches also attract locals.

Try running a cruise line with only locals aboard

many of my facebook friends in NC have traveled 3 hours or more to go to beaches this last week.  i wouldn't , id wait till end of may at least. 

19 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I say it in a friendly banter way that Seaman has been wrong with every post he has made in the last month but he is by far the most optimistic person you’ll find to his credit  though, lol! 

Keep hope alive i guess, lol.  The other poster is correct, somebody is still apparently purchasing those FCC’s on ebay.  

11 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

welll its the media, they need the headlines to grab the clicks.  they could be right , but they like to exaggerate also. 

I mean, people need to stop with the media bashing at this point.  Certain posters have been media-bashing since this thing began and calling the whole thing a hoax or overhyped.  It was not, and it clearly is not.  I know it is not a hoax and was not overhyped because I’ve been under a lockdown for (checks notes) 60 days. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

im still wondering why they cant get it going by july in florida .

Have you considered re-evaluating your ideas?  Again, not trying to be argumentative here, but if you’re really wondering why they can’t just get it going by july in Florida have you considered that maybe the media sources you are attacking have not been overhyping this and wherever you get your news from may not be correct?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Exaggerated or not the station reaches 8 million people in the Golden Horseshoe area of Ontario.

That’s a lot of potential new customers turned off from one radio station market. How many other markets across North America had the story reported?????

5 minutes ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

Have you considered re-evaluating your ideas?  Again, not trying to be argumentative here, but if you’re really wondering why they can’t just get it going by july in Florida have you considered that maybe the media sources you are attacking have not been overhyping this and wherever you get your news from may not be correct?

you mean to tell me fox news has not been truthful with me on this covid situation?  You may have a point there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I'm so tired of hearing this thing is a hoax, It's real, and get used to it. So is the story about NCL. This was started by NCL, not the media.

it certainly isnt a hoax, but couldnt it be something in the middle?  like we shouldn't huddle in a corner and cry till 2021 , and we should not be gathering around on top of each other right now. 

there has to be a middle ground somewhere. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

You might want to ask this same question to yourself because I got NEWS for you, there is no news!  The vast majority of information flowing is from partisans and most likely should not be believed.  You must go directly to the source, perhaps a video in its entirety.  Perhaps actual records (aka not a quote of someone's interpretation of a record,etc)  Lets all take Philosophy 101 Introduction to Logic and start over.

21 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Paying off your credit card has nothing to do with getting a refund - you will just have a credit balance, which you can leave to pay off other bills or you can request a check.  You are correct that the clock starts when you were made aware that the cruise was cancelled, not the date you paid.

However, the fact that you have not gotten a temporary credit does not bode well - those are usually applied immediately, but that depends on the bank.  You don't say whether or not you have applied for a refund through NCL.

Visa has said they may not accept disputes if the merchant isn't able to provide the service.

"A dispute for goods or services not received will only be considered valid the following criteria are met:

• The submission includes a detailed explanation of the cause of the dispute.
  • The merchant is able to provide service, but fails to do so
  • The cardholder has already attempted to resolve the dispute with the merchant directly."

Yes I did submit refund form to NCL 3/23/2020 (NCL allowable date) & received NCL generic confirmation email.  I also contacted NCL in April concerning non receipt of requested shore excursions refund which I was told to contact my bank because NCL claim the refund was issued 3/10/2020 (original request date).  Submitted a dispute claim with my bank online (since charges was within 120 calendar days time limit) & received shore excursions refund...I have a small negative balance on my credit card.  NCL said beverage/dining/prepaid service charges requested on 3/09/2020 is still pending...originally I was told 7-10 days for reimbursement...now I am told 90 days for all reimbursements.  I wouldn’t be surprised when the 90 days is up NCL will have another excuse for refund delays.  

I’ve checked my NCL latitudes account & since 4/03/2020 I was issued FCCs even though I submitted refund form on 3/23/2020...latitudes Cruise history list canceled 4/05/2020 cruise as if it was taken.  It appears NCL is overwhelmed with correcting their customers accounts.

5 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Thanks, but all 3 of the "Big 3" are going to be built on a mountain of massive debt, even worse than before.  This is not a prescription for success in what is going to be a declining market--whether minor or major--but definitely unlikely to be filling all this inventory they've added the last few years.

Short and mid-term the decline will be major . Long term ? I'm still positive it will be positive but obviously only for the survivors . 

1 hour ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

To everyone who thinks NCL survives in some form even if it ends up getting bought by another company, remember that these ships are expensive even just to park and idle and keep maintained.  When this is all over there are going to be *way* too many cruise ships worldwide versus demand.  It’s entirely possible that most of these ships end up mothballed and sold for scrap when the company goes under.

Sold for scrap ? They are still sailing Renaissance Cruise ships ! I do agree that there could be some mothballing but that is a huge step from scrapping these ships .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seaman11 said:

well yes i have been wrong thinking june was a real possibility and for sure by july. (in a limited capacity)  im still wondering why they cant get it going by july in florida .  Carnival seems committed to aug 1st so we shall see. 

You still don't get it -- August 1 is just a ploy, obviously.

Edited by latserrof
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, latserrof said:

You still don't get it -- August 1 is just a ploy, obviously.

i posted a video on why the august start up plan is different this time, there is an actual plans now with itineraries and ships used. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nclcruise1415 said:

I'm not about to believe every single article that comes from the media. NCL has been able to put off some loans for up to a year on some of their ships and they're currently working different avenues (like many other lines) to protect and increase capital.

As much as you like to read the fear mongering articles you can also find articles that are telling what the lines are doing to protect themselves.

That's what Lehman Brother's said in February 2008 after Bear Sterns fell, while they were secretly trying to get South Korea to buy them out. The chance of bankruptcy was small, but realistically, not impossible. A strong push of cancellations in a cruise line is just like a run on the bank by investors, when enough money has to be returned as payments, no company (or the economy as a whole) will survive.

The most dangerous thing for NCL right now is a double strike of refunds cash extractions and credit market crunch, since their cruise line is not registered in US.

I am hoping for the best, but I want to plan for the worst. Common sense for common people, who don't care about politics or ideology.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Ozzieru1e said:

Yes I did submit refund form to NCL 3/23/2020 (NCL allowable date) & received NCL generic confirmation email.  I also contacted NCL in April concerning non receipt of requested shore excursions refund which I was told to contact my bank because NCL claim the refund was issued 3/10/2020 (original request date).  Submitted a dispute claim with my bank online (since charges was within 120 calendar days time limit) & received shore excursions refund...I have a small negative balance on my credit card.  NCL said beverage/dining/prepaid service charges requested on 3/09/2020 is still pending...originally I was told 7-10 days for reimbursement...now I am told 90 days for all reimbursements.  I wouldn’t be surprised when the 90 days is up NCL will have another excuse for refund delays.  

I’ve checked my NCL latitudes account & since 4/03/2020 I was issued FCCs even though I submitted refund form on 3/23/2020...latitudes Cruise history list canceled 4/05/2020 cruise as if it was taken.  It appears NCL is overwhelmed with correcting their customers accounts.

Everyone was issued FCC, regardless of whether or not they chose a refund.  Assume it is an automated process, FCC credits will go away when refund is issued.  And yes, the cancelled cruises are listed as taken (and latitude points awarded) - nobody knows if those will be corrected or will stay.

58 minutes ago, Newleno said:

You might want to ask this same question to yourself because I got NEWS for you, there is no news!  The vast majority of information flowing is from partisans and most likely should not be believed.  You must go directly to the source, perhaps a video in its entirety.  Perhaps actual records (aka not a quote of someone's interpretation of a record,etc)  Lets all take Philosophy 101 Introduction to Logic and start over.

Actually, the mainstream news media has done remarkable work since January in warning of what was coming.

Now the Hannity crowd and the tinfoil brigade, those are another matter altogether. But fortunately the folks who pay attention know better. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Short and mid-term the decline will be major . Long term ? I'm still positive it will be positive but obviously only for the survivors . 

Sold for scrap ? They are still sailing Renaissance Cruise ships ! 

No, they WERE sailing R ships; it's a different world now.

4 minutes ago, latserrof said:

No, they WERE sailing R ships; it's a different world now.

Oh gee thanks .

It is a different world now and soon enough it will be the same world . This too shall pass .

• Like 2