Carnival Survey

I received an email this morning from Carnival.  It was a request for guest feedback regarding future cruises. 

The questions centered around how quickly the past guest would book a new cruise.  Near the end of the survey which took about 5-7 minutes

the question were about passengers wearing masks on board; crew members wearing masks onboard.  It also asked about pre-screening and 

testing onboard during a cruise.

Seems to me these may be some things we might expect in the (at least near ) future.

Anyone else receive this survey?

Lyn

7 minutes ago, ladylyn915 said:

I received an email this morning from Carnival.  It was a request for guest feedback regarding future cruises. 

The questions centered around how quickly the past guest would book a new cruise.  Near the end of the survey which took about 5-7 minutes

the question were about passengers wearing masks on board; crew members wearing masks onboard.  It also asked about pre-screening and 

Seems to me these may be some things we might expect in the (at least near ) future.

Lyn

No but it sounds interesting.

29 minutes ago, ladylyn915 said:

Lyn

I received this also.  Found questions about all inclusive and including drink packages interesting 

• Like 1

Yep, I got it too.    Was also interested in seeing questions about free CHEERS and all-inclusive options!!    

I firmly believe that there is a future for cruising, these questions may be an indication of what that future may look like!!

• Like 2

I didn't receive the survey, but I will take it if I get the email.  I have no problem with any kind of testing before boarding.  However, I really don't want to go on a cruise when masks would be required in all public areas.  That would make attending the comedy shows and having a drink a bit of a problem.  I would constantly have to mess with the mask, which would defeat the purpose of wearing it.  Same with lounging outside.  Wearing a mask in the heat doesn't sound like fun.  I would much prefer getting tested before boarding than wearing a mask.  I don't mind wearing a mask on flights since that's only for a short period of time.

I really hope masks aren't required in September and that by  then there will be a successful treatment for the virus.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I didn't receive the survey, but I will take it if I get the email.  I have no problem with any kind of testing before boarding.  However, I really don't want to go on a cruise when masks would be required in all public areas.  That would make attending the comedy shows and having a drink a bit of a problem.  I would constantly have to mess with the mask, which would defeat the purpose of wearing it.  Same with lounging outside.  Wearing a mask in the heat doesn't sound like fun.  I would much prefer getting tested before boarding than wearing a mask.  I don't mind wearing a mask on flights since that's only for a short period of time.

I really hope masks aren't required in September and that by  then there will be a successful treatment for the virus.

I'm afraid having to wear a mask would be a deal breaker for me.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Yep, I got it too.    Was also interested in seeing questions about free CHEERS and all-inclusive options!!    

I firmly believe that there is a future for cruising, these questions may be an indication of what that future may look like!!

I believe this speaks to smaller ships, fewer passengers, higher price and premium experience being the future.

Yes I got it

It Took about 10 minutes, to me it looked like they were trying to figure out how to Market when they started sailing again, and to try to ease your mind about being safe and the ship is being cleaned .

1 minute ago, jperry2011 said:

I didnt get the survey.. we rebooked quickly.

I'm fine with any testing or being served at the buffet even any mandatory handwashing...

NOT A CHANCE IM CRUISING WEARING A MASK THOUGH.. NO WAY.

At least not at meals. Or heaven forbid, the Alchemy Bar! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

At least not at meals. Or heaven forbid, the Alchemy Bar! 

Lol yes. I don't think I would cruise if they were required anywhere at all on the ship. If someone wants to wear it that's perfectly fine but I wont be!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, jperry2011 said:

Lol yes. I don't think I would cruise if they were required anywhere at all on the ship. If someone wants to wear it that's perfectly fine but I wont be!

Maybe it should be up to the cruiser to wear a mask. Or go to the theater or MDR. I have been aware of the issues with SARS, MERS and norovirus and I still cruise. And I still go out to restaurants and movie theaters. I won't judge someone wearing a mask because they are vulnerable.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Maybe it should be up to the cruiser to wear a mask. Or go to the theater or MDR. I have been aware of the issues with SARS, MERS and norovirus and I still cruise. And I still go out to restaurants and movie theaters. I won't judge someone wearing a mask because they are vulnerable.

On elegant nights cruisers who forgot their mask can use a corner of the tablecloth in between bites. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wish I would have gotten the survey.  I've booked future cruises, maybe that's why I didn't get it?

That may be true. We were booked for August 1 on the Panorama and have not rebooked or asked for a refund as yet. We will rebook on Carnival - just don’t know where yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

1 hour ago, lasvegascruising said:

The testing is what I'm wondering about.  A friend of ours told us the swab up his nose felt like it touched his brain and it was not exactly a nice experience.  I hope the testing is much improved before I go on a cruise.

Those were the original tests... been upgraded atleast twice by now.

• Like 2

I imagine Carnival is trying various scenarios to see what works for both CDC and customers.

The purpose of wearing a mask is not so much to protect the wearer, but to protect the people around them. They certainly could be required as a condition of cruising.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lasvegascruising said:

The testing is what I'm wondering about.  A friend of ours told us the swab up his nose felt like it touched his brain and it was not exactly a nice experience.  I hope the testing is much improved before I go on a cruise.

but they are perfect tests. Beautiful tests. or so we are told.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I imagine Carnival is trying various scenarios to see what works for both CDC and customers.

The purpose of wearing a mask is not so much to protect the wearer, but to protect the people around them. They certainly could be required as a condition of cruising.

Honestly, if a mask is required on a cruise but not in everyday life in my area or locations I can travel to, I'm not sure I would want to cruise again. Time will tell though (and everything is still up in the air and can change at a moment's notice -- FWIW, my area still has masks as a requirement in public).

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Honestly, if a mask is required on a cruise but not in everyday life in my area or locations I can travel to, I'm not sure I would want to cruise again. Time will tell though (and everything is still up in the air and can change at a moment's notice -- FWIW, my area still has masks as a requirement in public).

I think some people might say the same if masks were not required.

I agree that cruise ships should not be held to a different standard than airlines, concerts, sporting events, theme parks, churches, etc. The virus doesn't discriminate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1