Unethical if they postpone again

1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You will get your refund when (if) they cancel. 

But I doubt they will cancel BEFORE final payment. I'm not willing to put more $$$ our only to wait in line for refund when they do cancel so my only option is to take the FCC. 

1 minute ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

But I doubt they will cancel BEFORE final payment. I'm not willing to put more $$$ our only to wait in line for refund when they do cancel so my only option is to take the FCC. 

You are absolutely right, they will not cancel prior to final payment (at least they have not yet done that on any of the cancellation “waves”) I’ve had 2 bookings go into final payment, one I cancelled and took the refund because it was very early on, the second was for late July,  I decided to risk it and made final payment. It’s a gamble, if it goes, it goes, if not I’ll get the $$ back. It sucks but it is what it is. As a business owner I wouldn’t expect any business to cancel revenue generating activities until it was absolutely necessary, that’s just good business practice. Nothing nefarious about it. 

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Using the S&L you are not converting anything.  Everything stays on the booking exactly as it is

Sorry to beat a dead horse - but we have gotten different answers after calling RCI.  We had a July cruise booked for a long time.  When the time came to pay in full in April we certainly knew we weren't comfortable cruising in July or putting out the full fare and getting an FCC when July was canceled.  This was before the updated CWC program.  We were told we would receive FCC for the nun-refundable deposit.  

We have not yet received that FCC although we did cancel the cruise so it is in process.  Since we haven't gotten the FCC yet can we book another cruise and use that as the deposit or is it considered FCC already and we would now be putting out another $500.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I’m not seeing this anywhere in the federal register filing, nor on the CDC website. 

The extended Order is in effect until one of the following occurs:

• The Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declares that COVID-19 no longer constitutes a public health emergency, or
  • The CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations, or
  • 100 days have passed from April 15, the date the extended order was published in the Federal Registerexternal icon and went into effect. 100 days from April 15 is July 24.

1 minute ago, 3red7s said:

The extended Order is in effect until one of the following occurs:

• The Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declares that COVID-19 no longer constitutes a public health emergency, or
  • The CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations, or
  • 100 days have passed from April 15, the date the extended order was published in the Federal Registerexternal icon and went into effect. 100 days from April 15 is July 24.

Sorry, it was posted that the order has been extended, that threw me, this is the original order from April 15 

thanks

2 hours ago, livylotte said:

Have you been able to S&L a Baltic cruse to a Med Cruise?

No, what I meant is, during our last cruise in the med, we booked this next cruise back then. Which was next month. We just shift and lifted to a next year's date. Same Baltic itinerary. 

26 minutes ago, brucefan21 said:

Sorry to beat a dead horse - but we have gotten different answers after calling RCI.  We had a July cruise booked for a long time.  When the time came to pay in full in April we certainly knew we weren't comfortable cruising in July or putting out the full fare and getting an FCC when July was canceled.  This was before the updated CWC program.  We were told we would receive FCC for the nun-refundable deposit.  

We have not yet received that FCC although we did cancel the cruise so it is in process.  Since we haven't gotten the FCC yet can we book another cruise and use that as the deposit or is it considered FCC already and we would now be putting out another $500.  Thanks!

You cannot use the FCC as the deposit.

If your FCC covers the FULL cruise fare then the only thing you would have to pay is the taxes and fees if you call to book a new reservation

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You cannot use the FCC as the deposit.

If your FCC covers the FULL cruise fare then the only thing you would have to pay is the taxes and fees if you call to book a new reservation

Thank you!  I wish speaking with RCI was as definitive and clear as your responses🙂

27 minutes ago, johnjen said:

No, what I meant is, during our last cruise in the med, we booked this next cruise back then. Which was next month. We just shift and lifted to a next year's date. Same Baltic itinerary.

Ah ok I got all excited there for a moment. I have a 12 night Iceland  booked from Amsterdam and I haven't found anywhere to L&S it. We went to the Baltic last year so don't want to do the same again. 

Enjoy your cruise next year!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, livylotte said:

Ah ok I got all excited there for a moment. I have a 12 night Iceland  booked from Amsterdam and I haven't found anywhere to L&S it. We went to the Baltic last year so don't want to do the same again. 

Enjoy your cruise next year!

A 12 nighter Iceland? I like that itinerary. We lived in Iceland for 5 wonderful years, it's the most beautiful country in the world. I hope you get what you're looking for!

Edited by johnjen

Thank you. Yes, that's the one.

Sad to be missing it,  the itinerary was fabulous.

Wow 5 years! I have always wanted to visit Iceland - and this year was the rare opportunity where all the family could come with us. 

2022 maybe!