Juneau Harbor Webcam

41 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

At least it is not raining.  I access this web cam daily and it's my impression that Juneau has had a very rainy Spring and Summer.  It seems more often than not, there is rain or it has recently rained by the water spots on the camera's lens.  

I’ve been watching this webcam for several years now and have been surprised by all of the rainy, windy, overcast days this year. I miss watching the cruise ships come and go.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

At least it is not raining.  I access this web cam daily and it's my impression that Juneau has had a very rainy Spring and Summer.  It seems more often than not, there is rain or it has recently rained by the water spots on the camera's lens.  

I also access it frequently.  Perhaps the clouds are crying because no ships are there. 

On 6/30/2020 at 3:11 PM, geocruiser said:

Here is another Alaska web cam.  Please be aware, this is live and you might see things in nature that are hard to view  for some. 

https://explore.org/livecams/brown-bears/brown-bear-salmon-cam-brooks-falls

One of the bears at the top of the water falls has eaten two Salmon as I watched.  A Big Breakfast or mid morning snack.

1 hour ago, Himself said:

One of the bears at the top of the water falls has eaten two Salmon as I watched.  A Big Breakfast or mid morning snack.

I love it when the bear is on top on the falls and catches the salmon in mid air. 

Thumbnail

Edited by geocruiser

1 hour ago, oaktreerb said:

Another clear day in Juneau and it looks like the Wilderness Adventurer may finally be ready to sail.  It’s been docked in Juneau for a few weeks.  Quarantine maybe? 

I believe their web site indicated a pause until August 1, not something unexpected.  I have a just discovered fondness for Wilderness Adventurer.  I sailed with her in 1996 as Blount's Caribbean Prince.  Google wouldn't give me a clue as to what happened but I typed Caribbean Prince into Marine Traffic and it is still listed under "Ex names" and pulls up the ship under the current name.

Roy

Wilderness Adventurer is still docked at Juneau and it appears that they have off loaded for some reason many kayaks(?) at the stern.  

I have tried to access the company's web site to see if sailings are in the near future and have gotten no where.  What I think is the main web site for Un-Cruise opens, allows a bit of scrolling, and then freezes.  

• Thanks 1

I found the Wilderness Adventurer on cruisemapper.  It was supposed to sail on July 25 but it’s been sitting in Juneau.  It looks like it will sail on August 1 as rafinmd noted.  The kayaks are ready and one was out for a trial run in the harbor tonight.  Oh, to be aboard!

42 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

I found the Wilderness Adventurer on cruisemapper.  It was supposed to sail on July 25 but it’s been sitting in Juneau.  It looks like it will sail on August 1 as rafinmd noted.  The kayaks are ready and one was out for a trial run in the harbor tonight.  Oh, to be aboard!

Yes, that would be the best!!!

B

On 7/23/2020 at 12:17 PM, PromenadeDeckWriter said:

So sad to see the Inspiration going. Sailed on her. (I feel I may have jinxed her somehow. Went through a purge the other day and tossed a ship ornament into the donation pile. And now shes going away.... I'm sorry!)

On 7/20/2020 at 11:48 AM, geocruiser said:

I believe that I once heard in one of the Park Ranger's talk, that a salmon has 4,500 calories in it.  That is some meal!!🐻

I just watched for three minutes and one bear was there having much luck in catching salmon

4 minutes ago, Himself said:

I just watched for three minutes and one bear was there having much luck in catching salmon

The fish are really jumping .   The bear on the top of the falls is getting his/her share..

On 6/30/2020 at 3:11 PM, geocruiser said:

Here is another Alaska web cam.  Please be aware, this is live and you might see things in nature that are hard to view  for some. 

https://explore.org/livecams/brown-bears/brown-bear-salmon-cam-brooks-falls

It is ^:50 AM in Alaska on this August 1st and a couple of Bears at the water falls.

The old saying "the early bird catches the worm" is replaced by the early bear gets the fish. 

• Like 2