Juneau Harbor Webcam

2 hours ago, Himself said:

It is so sad to see Juneau with no ships in port.  At this time there were always ships in Juneau in mid May.

No quibble with your comment, Father.  Having a Nephew who lives in Alaska and helps to support his family with a Summer job as a tour guide in the past, I must remind you and others of all of those Alaskans as well as how many hundreds/thousands who come to Alaska from other parts of Canada and the United States who have been deprived of income due to this pandemic.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Himself said:

I switched cver to Ft. Lauderdale camera and Port Everglades is empty of Cruise ships.  

The Port of Miami web cam shows more activity anymore than Port Everglades.  Carnival Fantasy just sailed and Majesty of the Seas appears to be getting ready to sail...as it rains.

I decided to check out Juneau today.  Looks like a nice day in Juneau.. Temp is about 57 Faerheight  There was many a year I was there at this time of the year.  Sad that there is no ships in town  this time..  

• Like 3

I put the link in my favorites bar so I can just look and day dream.  Same for a webcam on board the Crystal Serenity which is resting in Malaysia.  It helps me keep from going too stir crazy!

~Nancy

It is 5:20 AM in Juneau on this 5th day oj June and it is 47 above in Juneau.  All is quiet in Juneau and Ft. Lauderdale.  Normally the Volendam would be sailing into Juneau on Friday.

4 minutes ago, Himself said:

Monday June 8, 2020---28th anniversary of my quitting smoking--it is rainy and 49 in Juneau and 86 and hot in Ft. Lauderdale.

Congratulations on your anniversary!  You are the better for quitting.

Checked on the web cam as you suggested and it sounds stormy as well as rainy.

On 6/8/2020 at 3:26 PM, rkacruiser said:

Congratulations on your anniversary!  You are the better for quitting.

Checked on the web cam as you suggested and it sounds stormy as well as rainy.

When I was in Ireland they called thak kind of rain as a "lashing" rain.

This post may be posted in the "most oddest comment of 2020" category.

I frequently watch the Juneau webcam during the afternoon and early evening.  Some traffic can be observed:   a Coast Guard Cutter or a Bouy Tender, sometimes a fishing boat.  I like the audio as a background when I am online.  What I have noticed is the lack of the sounds of the Ravens.  Not often does the video show the Ravens.  

One of my most vivid memories of Juneau is sitting along the waterfront watching and listening to the Ravens.  These birds have probably figured out that the tourists aren't arriving and there will be no easy pickings from their food droppings this year.  

While I miss seeing the ships arriving and docked at Juneau, I miss the birds as well.  

21 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

I too miss the sounds of the ravens. And seeing so few people walking around is amazing.

Just by chance this afternoon, I accessed the site.  A raven had perched itself very near wherever the microphone is and squawked and squawked!  A runner along the docks with 3 people taking walks at the same time in that area:  I chose a fortuitous time to check the web cam! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

Pleasure craft, Blackwood, on webcam closeup today.  Finally another beautiful day in Juneau.

Now there is a yacht I would like to sail on. Ditto on a beautiful day after so many days of rain  in Juneau.