No Cash Refund?

My cruise is 6/21 and has not been officially cancelled yet.  I was planning on taking a cash refund and not the fcc.  But, today, their website says they are automatically giving 125% fcc to all cancelled cruises.  There is no longer a cash refund option listed.  I guess I’ll know for sure when they finally cancel my cruise.  But, I’m disappointed because I was planning on taking the money, booking a less expensive cruise and using the excess to pay for flights.  

4 minutes ago, happymanitee said:

My cruise is 6/21 and has not been officially cancelled yet.  I was planning on taking a cash refund and not the fcc.  But, today, their website says they are automatically giving 125% fcc to all cancelled cruises.  There is no longer a cash refund option listed.  I guess I’ll know for sure when they finally cancel my cruise.  But, I’m disappointed because I was planning on taking the money, booking a less expensive cruise and using the excess to pay for flights.  

British site still th same. The difference is between you cancelling and them cancelling.  If you cancel you have no choice but the FCC it they cancel then they still have to give you money if thats your choice.

10 minutes ago, happymanitee said:

Yes there is. Did you click on "read more" to expand the notification to see all the options? 

14 minutes ago, happymanitee said:

I'm still showing the cash refund option, granted you have to click read more and scroll down, they are def hiding that as an option so people take the FCC vs refund. One of the articles I read was only 45% refunds requested and maybe this is helping that. If they cancel you can def get your money back if you want, or you can FCC at 125% or lift and shift. 

I know airlines by law have to give you a full refund option if they cancel your flight (unless a similar flight is available). I’m not sure if cruise lines are required by law for refunds or not since they are not US companies. I’m taking the 125% FCC anyway but it will be interesting if they do t give refund options on this next round.

Just now, h20skibum said:

If they do cancel a 6/21 cruise, plan on waiting up to 90 days for a refund.

Not in all cases.

Applied for my refund for my cancelled 5/31 Harmony cruise on 4/17 (the day they cancelled it) and got it today, less than 30 days later.  

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not in all cases.

Applied for my refund for my cancelled 5/31 Harmony cruise on 4/17 (the day they cancelled it) and got it today, less than 30 days later.  

That is good for you.  There has been no logic in refunds.  One of ours took 30 days, another almost 60, and we are still waiting on cruise planner items.   Our later cruise was refunded first.  If they cancel another round, it will slow things further. 

Edited by h20skibum

43 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

That is good for you.  There has been no logic in refunds.  One of ours took 30 days, another almost 60, and we are still waiting on cruise planner items.   Our later cruise was refunded first.  If they cancel another round, it will slow things further. 

My FCC has not shown up either, and I applied for that one two weeks before asking for the cash refund on the 2nd cancelled cruise.  And "supposedly" the FCC are to come to us quicker than the refunds.  Hah!  😜

RCI:  Really Consistently Inconsistent.  😉 

2 hours ago, bbinz said:

I know airlines by law have to give you a full refund option if they cancel your flight (unless a similar flight is available). I’m not sure if cruise lines are required by law for refunds or not since they are not US companies. I’m taking the 125% FCC anyway but it will be interesting if they do t give refund options on this next round.

Only in the US.  Canadian airlines are not giving any refunds

2 hours ago, bbinz said:

Our flights were cancelled and Jetblue put us on other flights.  We called for a refund and they stated that their policy is that if they reaccommodate you within 24 hours of your original flight, they can issue a credit, not a refund.  I reminded the rep that they are required to issue a refund and she extended us a one time courtesy refund.  They are doing anything they can to hold onto all funds.

They weren’t required to give a refund since they put you on a similar flight. You got lucky with a nice rep. I’m not sure how the cruise contract reads in the fine print. Either way things can change. I’ll just use my credits 

1 hour ago, bbinz said:

They weren’t required to give a refund since they put you on a similar flight. You got lucky with a nice rep. I’m not sure how the cruise contract reads in the fine print. Either way things can change. I’ll just use my credits 

We were moved to a flight 10 hours after our original, according to the US Department of Transportation, we were entitled to a refund.

https://www.transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/refunds

1 hour ago, bbinz said:

If they cancel your flight (in the US) they have to give you a refund if you ask for it, it doesn’t matter how they accommodate you. 

We cancelled our cruise for 8/15/20 on 4/14/20 and were refunded our airfares with in 3 weeks but we are still waiting to get a refund from Royal for our deposit's. We cancelled the cruise not RC if that matters.