traveling in June July

How was it traveling in June/ July? I am a teacher so traveling during the school year is difficult. I am looking to travel June/ July 2022. What was it like traveling there during this time of year? I realize it is colder during this time of the year. Are you able to swim or is the water too cold? Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

For June/July I wouldn't think it worth trying to swim south of the Whitsunday Islands. The further north the better, so if you want a swim then Cairns would be the obvious destination.

Cairns is slightly closer to the equator than Kingston , Jamaica.

Whether it will be too cold will depend very much on where you want to go and what you want to experience from a tourism point of view.  The top of Queensland, Northern Territory and Western Australia are likely to be warm but are you interested in these locations or do you just want to go to the big cities like Sydney / Melbourne?

Years ago we would go to the Queensland Sunshine Coast for Aug/Sep school holidays (Mooloolaba). We would go swimming wearing just our usual togs and wonder why all the locals were wearing wet suits!

On 5/28/2020 at 11:29 AM, christodan said:

And by Northern Australia it would have to be far north. I went to Noosa, Queensland in winter and I found it way too cold to swim. 

On 5/28/2020 at 3:59 PM, SinbadThePorter said:

For June/July I wouldn't think it worth trying to swim south of the Whitsunday Islands

Soft!

Edited by banzaii