House Clean the Management!

dag144

Princess has had some bad luck over the  past several months, to say the least.  But some of this bad luck management has brought on itself.  Example - the Coral Princess last cruise.   It was a bad idea to try to disembark people at a strange port, Buenos Aires or Rio, in the midst of a pandemic.  Better solution would have been to get supplies and fuel, keep all guests on board, and then sail right back to the final port, Fort Lauderdale.  As  it turned out Princess' initial decision was a very bad solution and one that caused some to lose lives.

Secondly, for the past months stretching back to 2019 before the pandemic it was very difficult to get a rep on the phone.  People (including me) were held waiting a response for me an hour one time.  There was no provision for a call back.

Third the response to the cancellations has been a disaster even today more than two months after the initial announcement of cruise cancellations, March 11th.

Paraphrasing  the words of Mel Brooks from Blazing Saddles, Jan, the Swartz, has Not been with us!!!!!  DUMP HER.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dag144 said:

Princess has had some bad luck over the  past several months, to say the least.  But some of this bad luck management has brought on itself.  Example - the Coral Princess last cruise.   It was a bad idea to try to disembark people at a strange port, Buenos Aires or Rio, in the midst of a pandemic.

What about the people on board who did not have visas to enter the united states?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dag144 said:

Princess has had some bad luck over the  past several months, to say the least.  But some of this bad luck management has brought on itself.  Example - the Coral Princess last cruise.   It was a bad idea to try to disembark people at a strange port, Buenos Aires or Rio, in the midst of a pandemic.  Better solution would have been to get supplies and fuel, keep all guests on board, and then sail right back to the final port, Fort Lauderdale.  As  it turned out Princess' initial decision was a very bad solution and one that caused some to lose lives.

Secondly, for the past months stretching back to 2019 before the pandemic it was very difficult to get a rep on the phone.  People (including me) were held waiting a response for me an hour one time.  There was no provision for a call back.

Third the response to the cancellations has been a disaster even today more than two months after the initial announcement of cruise cancellations, March 11th.

Paraphrasing  the words of Mel Brooks from Blazing Saddles, Jan, the Swartz, has Not been with us!!!!!  DUMP HER.

Admittedly, there have been some serious issues, mistakes and mis-steps of late.

But I don't believe this is the time or place to drag anyone thru the mud and throw them under the bus.

Have a good day!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

Admittedly, there have been some serious issues, mistakes and mis-steps of late.

But I don't believe this is the time or place to drag anyone thru the mud and throw them under the bus.

Have a good day!

Executives are paid well and they take the job knowing that  ultimately they take responsibility for the decisions good and bad.  If an executive does not want their name drug through the mud, they ought to consider a different position and pay level.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, dag144 said:

The Schwartz had nothing to do with Blazing Saddles. The Schwartz was from Spaceballs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dag144 said:

I believe that the cruise on the Coral was sold with the only disembarkation port being Fort Lauderdale.

first segment was Santiago to Buenos Aires

next segment was Buenos Aires to Fort Lauderdale

So Buenos Aires was not "a strange port."

11 hours ago, dag144 said:

This is a typical response to lots of things going wrong at the moment, it wasn't Princess's fault or any of our various government's fault, it was China's fault and we must never forget this.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dag144 said:

Buenos Aires was the disembarkation port for about 3/4 of the passengers. Others were to embark there but Princess canceled their cruise.  Only about 500 passengers of which over half were not Americans would have been left on the ship. Princess did manage to get all but 1000 off the ship in Buenos Aires before having to leave. So it may have saved some lives.   I was on the Coral until Miami.  

Cynthia

Edited by LunaSeaRetreat

33 minutes ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

Buenos Aires was the disembarkation port for about 3/4 of the passengers. Others were to embark there but Princess canceled their cruise.  Only about 500 passengers of which over half were not Americans would have been left on the ship. Princess did manage to get all but 1000 off the ship in Buenos Aires before having to leave. So it may have saved some lives.   I was on the Coral until Miami.  

Cynthia

Please don’t confuse us with facts, it spoils the narrative.

• Haha 2

Disagree with the OP. Hiring and firing is not our call. We should not speculate on internal corporate operations. It's probable the decisions made at the time were the best available and with the approval of local authorities in B.A. The ship did have passengers on board that were booked to disembark in B.A. From what I read the ship was virus free before B.A., and it is believed that local authorities brought the virus on board.

• Like 2