Cruising in Canadian Waters Shut Down until Oct. 31

gmbhardy

48 minutes ago, richstowe said:

Politics as usual. Trudeau correctly figures there are more votes with the haters then cruise lovers.

even many  cruise  lovers are "haters"  dont want to see any cruises this year going out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richstowe said:

Politics as usual. Trudeau correctly figures there are more votes with the haters then cruise lovers.

Or maybe he just doesn't to expose Canadians to a massive public health risk? And yes, doing things to keep voters alive is usually good politics. 

Edited by HavenHater55
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

Many Canadians have been mentioning that this would happen but at least it's official.

We still have border restrictions so unless you live in Canada and were going on a Canadian cruise you wouldn't have been able to get here.

And is anyone commenting on how airlines are still selling tickets for flights that might not be running either?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, shof515 said:

final payment for my cruise was due 2 weeks ago. i already submitted final payment..d'oh

I can’t believe people are still booking and paying for cruises right now.  Your *best* case scenario is that the cruise gets cancelled and you get your money refunded after whatever ridiculous wait NCL is making you wait now.  Your worst case scenario is that NCL goes under and you lose your money.  

On 5/29/2020 at 11:54 AM, HavenHater55 said:

Of course NCL is going to keep selling Canada cruises for September on their website for the next month. 

They're still selling them right now. I invite you, NCL Cheerleaders, to please justify why those sailings weren't taken down last night.

32 minutes ago, YVRBassElectric said:

The Canadian's are not targeting cruise ships  right from Government website:

"Foreign nationals, excluding those arriving from the U.S., will not be allowed into Canada. However, there are exemptions to these restrictions for foreign nationals arriving from other countries." 

Exemptions are essential work, essential cargo, medical care. 

Travel from USA has a June 21 expiry date (right now) other countries don't have a date with they might be able to travel to Canada for vacation. 

Yes, the non cruise ship ban is currently June 21st . The cruise ship ban is

" Cruise ships with overnight accommodations allowed to carry more than 100 persons are prohibited from operating in Canadian waters until October 31, 2020."

You can argue that the ban is justified . You can not say that the ban is not targeting cruise ships . 

On 5/29/2020 at 11:06 AM, gmbhardy said:

Just announced by Canadian government. Applies to all ships over 100 passengers.

sigh.. there goes my annual 21day b2b cruise from ny to quebec in Sept.

this year would have been the 3rd year in a row.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

sigh.. there goes my annual 21day b2b cruise from ny to quebec in Sept.

this year would have been the 3rd year in a row.

I'd planned on doing that this year, too. I did Boston>Quebec>Boston last year and it was the best cruise I ever took. 

I am still booked on an Alaskan on the Bliss in September, if they can't cruise to Canada this will not happen, but still they haven't announced. Even Carnival announced the Alaska season over. Wish they would get it over with so I can rebook for another date!!