Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

On 6/10/2020 at 6:09 PM, Bruin Steve said:

I am STILL a long way from Zenith...and it doesn't really matter that much to me...

I actually view this as a BAD thing for many of us...

Just like I didn't like the deal where RCCL Diamonds automatically got Elite perks.  This is really not going to do much for Elite Pluses trying to make Zenith...but it WILL allow a lot of people not yet Elite to have an easier road to Elite level...which will, in turn, overcrowd the Elite drinking lounge even more...resulting in them abandoning it more often for three drink coupons and the like.

I believe the lounge concept has been done away with.  You now have access to the captain's club menu at most bars between 5-7 PM

Can someone give me the email address these offers come from, maybe a title of the email also?  i get 20 emails from X a day. I neve see a captain club offer.  Thanks!

Why do i get 20?  because over the years of cruising  i put my email address for my kids, my Grandmother(i always take with us) and myself.  It's a total joke how many messages i get.haha

Edited by conodor
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, conodor said:

Can someone give me the email address these offers come from, maybe a title of the email also?  i get 20 emails from X a day. I never see a captain club offer.  Thanks!

CaptainsClub@email.celebritycruises.com

Subject:  Here’s Your Next Chance to Earn Power Up Points

25 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

CaptainsClub@email.celebritycruises.com

Subject:  Here’s Your Next Chance to Earn Power Up Points

Awesome,  thanks. now i know for sure i'm not getting them. i will go back and sign up. Thanks for help!

31 minutes ago, conodor said:

Awesome,  thanks. now i know for sure i'm not getting them. i will go back and sign up. Thanks for help!

You should call CC and have them clean up your e-mail so that it only has your name linked to it.  I had to do that in the past when I started receiving e-mails with family members names.

14 hours ago, HskrCrsr said:

I found this link and it does not seem to pre-load any personal info. This is from the email newsletter, so it should be fair game to all Captain's Club members. They say

"We celebrated World Tourism Day with our partners at World Wildlife Fund (WWF) with an exclusive webinar on sustainable tourism. In case you missed it, here’s a chance to watch it and learn how you can do your part to protect our planet. Plus, you’ll earn 30 Power Up Points just for doing so if you watch the entire presentation by October 14."

https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/4654326596894568463?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_23553203&rid=282401546&mes=Celebrity Loyalty Enewsletter SEP 2021 EM&emsc=CCC_SEL_OUR_NAN_H_USA_CA_3_CVP&empf=Y&emct=S&lnkid=TILE5_CTA

Thank you VERY much! About to watch it now and will screenshot at the end just in case - thanks again!

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 6:09 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Got an email today for a new Power Up survey.  This one is easy (no right answers, just about your preferences).  Even though I was honest 😈 it accepted my answers and says I'll get 10 PUP = 1 CC point.

This was the trickiest quiz yet. Does anyone know the right answers??? 😉

1 hour ago, smmountaingal said:

Could you give me the link to this survey Power Up?  My husband received it this week but I did not!

You both don't need to take the PUP surveys. You both should be linked as CC members. One person takes the PUP surveys and both receive the PUPs.

Edited by davekathy

On 10/7/2021 at 2:37 PM, maxsales said:

I believe the lounge concept has been done away with.  You now have access to the captain's club menu at most bars between 5-7 PM

The introduction of AI has also practically destroyed the value of this perk - not to worry too much as so far Elite + still get the extra bag of laundry.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, the penguins said:
On 10/7/2021 at 2:37 PM, maxsales said:

Attached is the Captain’s Club menu, which has some Premium drinks included.

6722667E-6470-4E38-A60C-71BCAF90DF3B.jpeg

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, davekathy said:

You both don't need to take the PUP surveys. You both should be linked as CC members. One person takes the PUP surveys and both receive the PUPs.

That is interesting.  When I registered 2 weeks ago for the live webinar on the World Wildlife presentation, it indicate to submit ALL the captain club numbers for those who will be watching.  So for this I include both of our CC numbers.   I was not aware that we automatically receive the points through a linked programing method.  Thanks.

3 minutes ago, smmountaingal said:

That is interesting.  When I registered 2 weeks ago for the live webinar on the World Wildlife presentation, it indicate to submit ALL the captain club numbers for those who will be watching.  So for this I include both of our CC numbers.   I was not aware that we automatically receive the points through a linked programing method.  Thanks.

We have ever since the PUPs was introduced. Both surveys and webinars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I'm curious which drinks you believe are premium? None of the spirits appear to me to even be better than the bar brands they served in the classic package.

I don’t know which drinks are Premium. All I’m reporting is what the Captain’s Club host told us on Silhouette in August. There are some Premium drinks on the Happy Hour menu.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I don’t know which drinks are Premium. All I’m reporting is what the Captain’s Club host told us on Silhouette in August. There are some Premium drinks on the Happy Hour menu.

Thankx. Now I understand. It's like them saying Celebrity is a luxury cruise line. 🙄

11 hours ago, smmountaingal said:

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

We have ever since the PUPs was introduced. Both surveys and webinars.

Back in November last year, a Celebrity rep informed us:

"I wanted to remind you that we also have you linked together so only one of you needs to participate in the activities and you will both earn the points (because we have you cross referenced)."

Then, in September this year, when we inquired about the missing points, they replied:

Due to change in process, I would like to inform moving forward both of you are now required to participate on any Power Up points activities.

But somehow only my husband received the PUP email now. 🤔

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, EmQ-CA said:

Back in November last year, a Celebrity rep informed us:

"I wanted to remind you that we also have you linked together so only one of you needs to participate in the activities and you will both earn the points (because we have you cross referenced)."

Then, in September this year, when we inquired about the missing points, they replied:

Due to change in process, I would like to inform moving forward both of you are now required to participate on any Power Up points activities.

But somehow only my husband received the PUP email now. 🤔

Call again you will possibly get a different answer. Regardless I'll wait until next month when this last survey PUPs are posted. 

20 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Call again you will possibly get a different answer. Regardless I'll wait until next month when this last survey PUPs are posted. 

We're currently on a ship and DH just asked me how he has as many points as he does, since this is only his 4th X cruise and it's my 8th.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

We're currently on a ship and DH just asked me how he has as many points as he does, since this is only his 4th X cruise and it's my 8th.

And you are both at the same CC tier level.

My understanding is as long as your CC accounts are linked, and you're married (to each other 😉) and reside at the same address you both will have the same "relationship CC points" of who has the higher CC point balance and tier level. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, davekathy said:

And you are both at the same CC tier level.

My understanding is as long as your CC accounts are linked, and you're married (to each other 😉) and reside at the same address you both will have the same "relationship CC points" of who has the higher CC point balance and tier level. 

That's the case.  In August, I was on the Summit with my sister and because half my cruises have been with her, and the other half with DH, I'm Elite, but her status was Select.  DH is Elite, so that's the case.  

• Like 2