Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

On 9/26/2023 at 11:11 AM, ziggyuk said:

New opportunity at last.

30 power up points for watching Webinar with Laura Hodges Bethg.
https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/1057106097314956119

To qualify, members must register with their Captain’s Club ID and watch the entire presentation by 10 October 2023.

Thanks for posting this. I went in and watched the webinar to get my 3 points (30 power points = 3 regular points)

I thought is was actually informative and the new President came across as knowledgable and sincere (in my opinion).  

I was disappointed that they chose to deal with food separately but we’ll see.  I was also disappointed in how they dealt with IV’s on E Class and that it’s a love/hate relationship and if you hate them, to book a balcony.  But there aren’t that many balconies on E class and they get booked early so the answer could have been better

Edited by Cruise till you drop
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I found her a breath of fresh air compared to the previous President, who really turned me off.  I thought her answers were honest and informative – rehearsed yes, but that's part of what made this webinar enjoyable after all those amateurish IT disasters.  I thought it was great that they addressed the rumors head-on, and their answers were believable.

She did mention that the next E-class ship will have more balconies to get the ratio closer to customers' preferences.

And I liked the commitment to Millennium and the M-class, which are my favorites.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2023 at 11:24 AM, Stockjock said:

We recently booked Ascent and we did the panoramic oceanview for that reason.  It looks just like the "Infinite Veranda" and I think it's the same size, but the window doesn't open.  That's ok, as it saved us quite a bit of money and we know that the air conditioner should always work just fine.

Not a fan of these infinite veranda cabins.  As mentioned earlier, MSC's version is an infinite ocean view and priced as such.  In my mind, calling an ocean view cabin w/a window that opens halfway (if they haven't overridden your ability to open it) is a real stretch.

Wow, the window on the Panoramic is wonderful, and I never even knew about that category. For our Edge cruise I've booked the Deluxe Porthole View with Verandah because the Infinity V. doesn't appeal after reading reviews. Next time I'll be looking at the Panoramic cabins.

On Celebrity Infinity I'd booked one of the oceanview cabins with the huge windows and we absolutely loved it. We had a beautiful view the moment we entered the cabin, no matter where we were. No balcony rail or doors or balcony furniture to interrupt the view and we loved it more than a balcony, which we usually book.
But I read of obstructions witht the Panoramic cabins! Are they all obstructed or is there a secret few that are more desirable. 

5 minutes ago, sofmall said:

Wow, the window on the Panoramic is wonderful, and I never even knew about that category. For our Edge cruise I've booked the Deluxe Porthole View with Verandah because the Infinity V. doesn't appeal after reading reviews. Next time I'll be looking at the Panoramic cabins.

On Celebrity Infinity I'd booked one of the oceanview cabins with the huge windows and we absolutely loved it. We had a beautiful view the moment we entered the cabin, no matter where we were. No balcony rail or doors or balcony furniture to interrupt the view and we loved it more than a balcony, which we usually book.
But I read of obstructions witht the Panoramic cabins! Are they all obstructed or is there a secret few that are more desirable. 

I think on the Edge class, all of the Panoramic Ocean View cabins have some obstruction.  To be clear, there are a number where the top of the lifeboat comes up to the floor of the cabin and Celebrity calls that a zero percent obstruction.  We booked the cabin shown, which I think is a 10% obstruction, but we liked the fact that there was no lifeboat blocking the ocean view (first two photos of the same cabin, just more zoomed in on one photo).  The third photo is considered unobstructed.  Some might prefer that, but we preferred the cabin shown in the first 2 photos.

CelPan612902541621522880_jpg-vi.png

CelPan61249591621522879_jpg-vi.png

CelPan61317001621523025_jpg-vi.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I think on the Edge class, all of the Panoramic Ocean View cabins have some obstruction.  To be clear, there are a number where the top of the lifeboat comes up to the floor of the cabin and Celebrity calls that a zero percent obstruction.  We booked the cabin shown, which I think is a 10% obstruction, but we liked the fact that there was no lifeboat blocking the ocean view (first two photos of the same cabin, just more zoomed in on one photo).  The third photo is considered unobstructed.  Some might prefer that, but we preferred the cabin shown in the first 2 photos.

I prefer the one you booked too. Would you remember what number that cabin was please? The ones with the top of the lifeboat look unappealing... all that bright block of orange colour and some seem to have writing on them too. Thanks for your info!

19 minutes ago, sofmall said:

I prefer the one you booked too. Would you remember what number that cabin was please? The ones with the top of the lifeboat look unappealing... all that bright block of orange colour and some seem to have writing on them too. Thanks for your info!

It might be 6129, but I'm not 100%.

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

She did mention that the next E-class ship will have more balconies to get the ratio closer to customers' preferences.

It still amazes me that Celebrity designed a new class of ships and eliminated the most common type of cabin without understanding customer preferences.  The love-hate relationship with IV balconies was obvious after the early sailings on the Edge but the previous CEO failed to recognize the issue and make any changes to other E-class ships.  I guess her ego was too large to admit she had made a huge mistake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

It still amazes me that Celebrity designed a new class of ships and eliminated the most common type of cabin without understanding customer preferences.  The love-hate relationship with IV balconies was obvious after the early sailings on the Edge but the previous CEO failed to recognize the issue and make any changes to other E-class ships.  I guess her ego was too large to admit she had made a huge mistake.

Or following the modern corporate strategy of double down and hope the complaints blow over.

• Like 1

And yet the ships sail at close or at full capacity.   If so many hated them how can that be.  Yes its a love hate with people but the demand is there to fill them and there a plenty of people who do enjoy them.  

• Like 1

Unfortunately this is how large corporations and bureaucracies work, and perhaps a bunch of yes men and women under the leader not challenging the decisions. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

They designed the ships to be green and also use less fuel. The design makes the ships more aerodynamic. Complying with climate regulations trumps customer preferences. 

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Unfortunately this is how large corporations and bureaucracies work, and perhaps a bunch of yes men and women under the leader not challenging the decisions. 

You stole my thunder!  🥲. Having worked for large publicly-traded corporations for most of my life I was unimpressed with LHB's performance.  I agree she's personable and more open than LLP, but her answers were still corporate gobbledygook--more about style than substance. And while my Edge cruise in a SS at the end of August was very enjoyable (with a fantastic steward and servers), her statement about 'no change to butlers for SSs' was a bold face lie. 

• Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

They designed the ships to be green and also use less fuel. The design makes the ships more aerodynamic. Complying with climate regulations trumps customer preferences. 

If aerodynamic efficiency was important, they would have eliminated balconies from the suite cabins and made a lot of changes to the top deck.  In any case, it looks like the new CEO has decided that aerodynamic efficiency isn't as important as satisfying customer preferences.

4 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

You stole my thunder!  🥲. Having worked for large publicly-traded corporations for most of my life I was unimpressed with LHB's performance.  I agree she's personable and more open than LLP, but her answers were still corporate gobbledygook--more about style than substance. And while my Edge cruise in a SS at the end of August was very enjoyable (with a fantastic steward and servers), her statement about 'no change to butlers for SSs' was a bold face lie. 

I think it's too soon to judge LHB.  She seems kind of peppy and energetic.  Obviously, as a CEO, she has to be sensitive to her customers' wants and needs, but there are corporate/revenue considerations as well.

Best wishes to LLP, who I met (very) briefly on NYE 2021 cruise, and I'm hoping for good things from LHB.  As an ex-cop, I appreciate that LHB supports police officers' families in need, so that a good thing.  At least she's willing to discuss some of our concerns head-on, even if the replies are a little bit sugar-coated, exactly as one might expect them to be.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Obviously, as a CEO, she has to be sensitive to her customers' wants and needs, but there are corporate/revenue considerations as well.

She’s president not CEO. She’s executing someone else’s vision, not her own. 

• Like 1