Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Whelp. Looks like no 3 points for the Galapagos webinar for me. Whoever I am messaging with on FB says Captain’s Club says they have no record of me completing it.

I’m going to ask how I prove solo occupancy of the cabin for my upcoming cruise.

They have record of that. I have had to call about 50% of the time (to many times)  to correct that and they corrected it while I was still on the phone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I’m going to ask how I prove solo occupancy of the cabin for my upcoming cruise.

My recent cruise they didn't give me double (it was a Celebrity suite so really wanted those points). I called once the points or half showed up, once on the phone with someone they could see the suite only had my name on the booking so agreed it was double points, they emailed another team and within a week maybe two I had the rest of the points

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

My recent cruise they didn't give me double (it was a Celebrity suite so really wanted those points). I called once the points or half showed up, once on the phone with someone they could see the suite only had my name on the booking so agreed it was double points, they emailed another team and within a week maybe two I had the rest of the points

Oh I'm familiar with emailing after the fact.

Whoever I have been messaging with said that as a "one-time goodwill gesture" they will give me the 3 PUPs and I will get them on July 15. (I guess being able to tell them about things covered in the webinar proved to them that I did watch it?) They checked my upcoming reservation and verified that I am booked in as a solo and will get double points. I'm still prepared to email about it after the fact though.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

5 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Oh I'm familiar with emailing after the fact.

Whoever I have been messaging with said that as a "one-time goodwill gesture" they will give me the 3 PUPs and I will get them on July 15. (I guess being able to tell them about things covered in the webinar proved to them that I did watch it?) They checked my upcoming reservation and verified that I am booked in as a solo and will get double points. I'm still prepared to email about it after the fact though.

Yeah I've never done a screenshot for the webinar before but now thinking I may after how many people have had issues with the last one.

Shouldn't have to do this much work for points lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Yeah I've never done a screenshot for the webinar before but now thinking I may after how many people have had issues with the last one.

Shouldn't have to do this much work for points lol

Agreed! I'm screenshotting everything after this.

The person I was messaging with even said to take a screenshot in the future. So they KNOW it's an issue.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Whoever I am messaging with on FB says Captain’s Club says they have no record of me completing it.

Did you take a screen shot at the end?
If so send them that.

3 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Did you take a screen shot at the end?
If so send them that.

No. I was stupid and didn't because it has never been an issue for me before. But I guess I told them enough about the webinar they are giving them to me (in July) "as a one-time gesture of goodwill".

18 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

No. I was stupid and didn't because it has never been an issue for me before. But I guess I told them enough about the webinar they are giving them to me (in July) "as a one-time gesture of goodwill".

I once entered my CC number wrong, and they did the same.  

• Like 1

They asked for my screen shot as well today. Thank goodness I took one following the webinar. Sent to them. Now waiting for the confirmation they will be adding the PUP. This is the first time I have had an issue. Thanks to this thread I do screenshots every time. 

27 minutes ago, Rina155 said:

They asked for my screen shot as well today. Thank goodness I took one following the webinar. Sent to them. Now waiting for the confirmation they will be adding the PUP. This is the first time I have had an issue. Thanks to this thread I do screenshots every time. 

Captains Club is notorious for screwing up. I sailed solo on 4 cruises dating back to 2019 and only got the points for single occupancy. Had I not looked carefully at my cruise points history I'd be none the wiser and would have missed out. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I celebrated too soon.  I received the Galapagos webinar PUPs, but DH has not received them.  We watched it together and he entered both of our Captain’s Club numbers.  Which post did someone offer up photographic evidence of watching webinar?  I might need to obtain that since we did not bother. 
We went through our points histories and made a short list of his missing points.  I will either try Written’s approach to start or I might just email the engagement center.  Agree that this is finally becoming a tad too labor-intensive for my own personal taste.

Edited by Stem to Stern

1 minute ago, Margarita Jane said:

I thought we were suppose to be rewarded 30 PUP, but I got 3. Did I misread this?IMG_1942.thumb.png.1e4bbebbfb00a3c3fdd4ab82d4057d39.png

10 Power Up Points equals 1 Captain's Club point.  So 3 points on your account

• Like 1

@Stem to Stern No…I was having a really difficult time watching as the webinar kept freezing.

oops - I forgot about the 10 to 1 conversion…

I’m Elite Plus and have a long way to go to get to Zenith, so unless it is a subject that is really interesting to me, I don’t watch.

• Like 2

My DH and I sadly have to join the chorus of those who watched the last webinar but neglected to take a screen shot or record the date since we have never been shorted on points before. Lesson learned for us. I just hope X learns the lesson of how customer dissatisfaction can be generated over little errors on their part like this. It is far from significant but it leaves a bad aftertaste. 

• Like 2

Celebrity IT...ugh!!! DH has finally had the webinar show up in his points history, but not in his point total. Mine doesn't show at all. I called and they said wait until after the 16th. I called again today and they said wait until after the 22nd! This makes no sense since I registered under the email they sent to my Captains Club # and added his number as a family member who was going to watch with me. I have screen shots which I told them. I guess I'll waste more time later today and call again and hope that I get a rep that can do something besides make something up to get me off the phone!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

Agree that this is finally becoming a tad too labor-intensive for my own personal taste.

Agree. Although they show in my History, they do not show when I sign in.

So, I will wait until after 22nd June and see what happens then.

I can see them stopping these PUPs, considering all the problems that have been reported.

Edited by upwarduk

21 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Agree. Although they show in my History, they do not show when I sign in.

So, I will wait until after 22nd June and see what happens then.

I can see them stopping these PUPs, considering all the problems that have been reported.

I think that's usually the case.  I can see them in my history and then, within a few days, they show up in the app and the total.

• Like 1

There seems to be far more complaints about this PUP activity not appearing in people’s totals which is not good. 

For me the lag between seeing the PUP activity showing up in my Points History and being reflected in my Club Points Total is a matter of a few hours every time that I can remember. I’m surprised at the large variation in that lag being reported by others. 

I have been in contact with Celebrity through FB messenger because my husband's totals and activity were correct but my total was not. Up until this PUP we had the same # of points. I couldn't understand it so I compared our cruising history and that is when I noticed that I am missing the PUP activity from Feb 23 and Feb 24. I was told I needed proof that I did the activity. I normally take screenshots but delete them after I see the points posted so I didn't have any. Today, I noticed that I'm auto uploading to the cloud (something I thought I disabled) so I found the screenshots from the Feb survey! It is too late for Feb 23 but I'm hoping I can get the 1 point back from Feb 24. I will be out of sync by 1 point with my husband. 

I told Celebrity that they should believe their customer and not make them jump through hoops to prove something. It is not the customer that can't be trusted but Celebrity. I asked to pass this feedback along but I doubt it will go anywhere. We all spend thousands of dollars so I really don't see people lying about doing these activities! Anyway,  the PSA is to save your screenshots or take screenshots of your account every time it is updated. You never know when you will need them. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

I have been in contact with Celebrity through FB messenger because my husband's totals and activity were correct but my total was not. Up until this PUP we had the same # of points. I couldn't understand it so I compared our cruising history and that is when I noticed that I am missing the PUP activity from Feb 23 and Feb 24. I was told I needed proof that I did the activity. I normally take screenshots but delete them after I see the points posted so I didn't have any. Today, I noticed that I'm auto uploading to the cloud (something I thought I disabled) so I found the screenshots from the Feb survey! It is too late for Feb 23 but I'm hoping I can get the 1 point back from Feb 24. I will be out of sync by 1 point with my husband. 

I told Celebrity that they should believe their customer and not make them jump through hoops to prove something. It is not the customer that can't be trusted but Celebrity. I asked to pass this feedback along but I doubt it will go anywhere. We all spend thousands of dollars so I really don't see people lying about doing these activities! Anyway,  the PSA is to save your screenshots or take screenshots of your account every time it is updated. You never know when you will need them. 

Most people on this forum will not go to a lot of trouble to cheat the system for a couple of Club Points. But if we’ve been wronged by the system, we’ll go the extra mile to correct it. 

• Like 4

Again, these interactions with Captain’s Club (It is still a loyalty program, is it not?) that I am reading about are further reinforcement of my belief that the PUP program is dismantling customer loyalty rather than reinforcing it.

It is so easy for a business to turn off ten loyal customers and lose their business.  But it is not as easy to rebuild that lost customer base and replace just one of those lost customers.  But Celebrity does not seem to see it that way.  Reinstatement of previously revoked on board loyalty perks are being perceived as more of a backpedaling exercise rather than genuine customer retention.🤔

Maybe I will not bother chasing our missing points.  Or maybe I will try an email to Andrea Shea.  We shall see.  I can be a fickle consumer.  Fickle customers can easily abandon their loyalty to a vendor.  They can easily find other options to replace a vendor that leaves a bad aftertaste.  All but one of my deposits on my upcoming  Celebrity bookings are refundable.😉

In contrast over at Azamara, a recent webinar introducing their new CEO at least sounded like Azamara is interested in listening to their client base’s concerns over their troubles since the split from Royal.  Key email addresses were offered.  Customers were encouraged to email their concerns.  I emailed the head of Azamara Loyalty regarding a question about a concern of mine.  I received a same-day reply from her with a resounding “absolutely” answer that granted me a substantial loyalty discount on my upcoming booking.  This is an example of how a company can easily retain a customer for life.  That email interaction took such a modicum of effort on her part, but it made me feel exceptionally valued.😁

• Like 2

Luckily I received the latest PUP’s, but had to log out of my app and log back in again to see them.  However on the last 2 PUP videos I didn’t receive the points and I had to contact Celebrity and on both occasions I was told I had submitted my CC number incorrectly.  Really?  Once maybe but not twice.  I also had an issue on a recent B2B where I was told I hadn’t registered for Go Green, so had to fight to get those points.  It is truly exasperating.  I do now take screenshots of everything, although it seems a bit of a waste of time as the screenshots are generic, with no mention of CC numbers.  But for some odd reason if you can supply a screenshot Celebrity seem to give in and award the points.  ‘On this occasion’!  Lol