Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

15 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

my friend Alf

I’ll tell Ziggy to check with the local county jails.

He doesn’t normally prowl in the same friendship circles as yourself.😳

Back on topic….

Since PUPs have been abandoned of late, I have been making sure to remind everyone I know about the additional points afforded by the Go Green initiative.🤓

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Boy, did we ever get off topic!

This is what happens when Celebrity stops issuing PUP activities. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I got us off track (this time), so I will bring us back on track:

Usually I update the PUP statistics each time activity points have been credited.  However we went through all of July with no points.

And since points are intended to be credited on the 14th of each month, we can almost safely say that there won't be any points awarded in August either.

So, sadly, here is the data as of right now.

image.png.ea9068ae51c55c0ea27b0284998bc67c.png

Compared to the first two full years of the program (2021-2022), the last two calendar years have seen the rate at which PUPs are awarded cut in half.

BTW, if you look at the above table closely, you will notice that historically September is the second worst month in terms of amount of Power Up Points that have been awarded (the worst month is July).  So this drought may continue for another month (which means more off-topic discussions will be posted).

The chart below shows the number of PUP activities each year.  In this case, a 5 point activity and a 1 point activity count the same.

image.png.84a0de143497f820512e6e97515ac6a1.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Usually I update the PUP statistics each time activity points have been rewarded.  However we went through all of July with no points awarded.

And since points are intended to be credited on the 14th of each month, we can almost safely say that there won't be any points awarded in August either.

Compared to the first two full years of the program (2021-2022), the last two calendar years have seen the rate at which PUPs are awarded cut in half.

BTW, if you look at the above table closely, you will notice that historically September is the second worst month in terms of amount of Power Up Points that have been awarded (the worst month is July).  So this drought may continue for another month (which means more off-topic discussions will be posted).

You just to bring up the chart to shows me how many points I missed on AGAIN! 🤬😡🤣

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You just to bring up the chart to shows me how many points I missed on AGAIN! 🤬😡🤣

That does stink.  If you had gotten all 122 points (so far), you would have received the number of Club Points equivalent to sailing in a Royal Suite for 10 nights without having to suffer in one in actuality.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Usually I update the PUP statistics each time activity points have been credited.  However we went through all of July with no points.

The chart below shows the number of PUP activities each year.  In this case, a 5 point activity and a 1 point activity count the same.

Weird.  Looks like I got 6 points (3+3) in 2024.  Why are we different?

image.thumb.png.076dd7121926aa15c80fd2cfaaa4e402.png

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

That does stink.  If you had gotten all 122 points (so far), you would have received the number of Club Points equivalent to sailing in a Royal Suite for 10 nights without having to suffer in one in actuality.

I probably missed out on a 100 points , so I would be about 20 points short of E+ 😭😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom and Ingrid said:

The May Galapagos PUP was awarded in Jun so it shows up in my table for Jun

Same thing for the March President PUP.  It shows up in my table for April because that was when it was awarded.

In addition, I have 1 PUP credited in March for activity that was done in February.  The activity was a Survey.

image.png.2a7c47cc6a721997ac5a53eb5b5a12df.png

And I also have 5 points credited in Jan for activity that was done in Dec (Deployment Seminar)

image.png.6278d2070843e099275da2314809f3ec.png

5 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Beautiful.  Thanks for all you do for all of us @mahdnc

Cheers

• Like 5

Thanks for the “tally”. I started doing the PUP in 2020, then I dropped off.  So wish I would have continued as I would be on my to Elite plus.  Oh well hindsight is 20/20.  I sure hope Celebrity decides to offer a really good power point soon since it has been sooooo quiet for PUP opportunities.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tom and Ingrid said:

I may re-do my tables so that the one month offset between what I record and what you see online in your points history doesn't happen.  It creates too much confusion.

18 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

You are not alone, if that makes you feel any better. We will be 7 points short of E+ after next cruise and I am kicking myself for missing out early on.

10 hours ago, ecslady said:

Thanks for keeping us updated with your chart...not that I'll ever get to Zenith.  I'll be at Elite Plus forever! 

We need an Elite plus forever club!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I (still) wish that Celebrity would offer milestone awards for levels below Zenith. 

Zeniths get a free Caribbean cruise every 3000 points, I think?

I think if they'd offer a specialty dinner every 300 points, or $100 OBC every 550 points, or a free premium beverage package at 1000 and 2000 points, a photo package at 1250 points... stuff like that, they could encourage folks who feel like they're stuck at E+ (forever) or below to keep sailing with -- or at least looking at -- X.

Picking points levels that aren't multiples of others would keep a constant carrot dangling -- well, a series of rotating carrots. 

But, what do I know? 🤷‍♀️

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TwainWasMistaken said:

I think if they'd offer a specialty dinner every 300 points, or $100 OBC every 550 points, or a free premium beverage package at 1000 and 2000 points, a photo package at 1250 points...

You'd value a photo package at four specialty dinners?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TwainWasMistaken said:

I (still) wish that Celebrity would offer milestone awards for levels below Zenith. 

Zeniths get a free Caribbean cruise every 3000 points, I think?

I think if they'd offer a specialty dinner every 300 points, or $100 OBC every 550 points, or a free premium beverage package at 1000 and 2000 points, a photo package at 1250 points... stuff like that, they could encourage folks who feel like they're stuck at E+ (forever) or below to keep sailing with -- or at least looking at -- X.

Picking points levels that aren't multiples of others would keep a constant carrot dangling -- well, a series of rotating carrots. 

But, what do I know? 🤷‍♀️

Since we aren't loyal cruisers we sleep around and we don't chase the tier levels. We have always been happy with the perks/benefits associated with each tier level we have paid for. No matter the cruise line. 

6 minutes ago, mahasamatman said:

You'd value a photo package at four specialty dinners?

No I do not, but I swear Celebrity did when I have looked at their prices back in the day.

• Like 1