Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

33 minutes ago, Dave JS said:

How do you  get the double points?

It was just a promo they ran after restarting from covid, to encourage past passengers to rebook.

Not happening/needed any more.

1 hour ago, PKCruiser66 said:

Have a friends who chased their pinnacle down just that way. During the double points and low cruise fare days just after Covid, they each booked a cabin a solo....so... cabin points, solo points, double points... the points really started to add up quickly

For the life of me I will never understand the mentality of buying loyalty status. It seems that to some status is more important than the vacation.  There is nothing in any of these programs that is so great that I would compel me to do this.  Not to mention the top tier seem to be snobs in the way they turn their nose up to Royal Caribbean passengers. I have saved more money and have seen far better ports not being loyal to anyone. After this quickie sailing I'm returning to Princess after 10yrs for Europe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Dave JS said:

How do you  get the double points?

We walloped our way up the ladder by doing a few double point cruises in cheap suites when there were a few cruises around the UK.

We now love attending the Elite and above parties on board and seeing the ‘you shouldn’t be here expressions’ from some of the other passengers.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Not to mention the top tier seem to be snobs in the way they turn their nose up to Royal Caribbean passengers.

Glad I don't cruise on the same cruises as you. 🙄

35 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

We walloped our way up the ladder by doing a few double point cruises in cheap suites when there were a few cruises around the UK.

We now love attending the Elite and above parties on board and seeing the ‘you shouldn’t be here expressions’ from some of the other passengers.

We're also Elite. Love the continental breakfast in Tuscan Grille with a Belini or Mimosa. What Elite parties on board? Do you mean the invite to - Captains Club Senior Officers Party?

1 minute ago, alibaba1 said:

We're also Elite. Love the continental breakfast in Tuscan Grille with a Belini or Mimosa. What Elite parties on board? Do you mean the invite to - Captains Club Senior Officers Party?

There’s that, and the music and Mixology, and the wine, and perhaps some others

5 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I will also express my disappointment that they chose a shameless approach to connect PUP’s to a booking and make it look like PUP’s are being offered to the general public, when in fact, most Celebrity customers will not be able to take advantage of them.

It's not like this is the first time they've done it.

5 minutes ago, wasdc said:

Are there any links to the recent PuPts email?  I see it is related to sailing on the reflection.  I am doing it so hoping it would count.

•  
    CAPTAIN'S CLUB

HELLO
    TIER: ELITE PLUS

POWER UP POINTS | EARN EXTRA POINTS WITH YOUR NEXT CARIBBEAN SAILING

You’re invited to earn Power Up Points on select short Caribbean sailings on Celebrity Reflection. With Power Up Points, you can earn additional Club Points just for participating in activities that we send to you. For every 10 Power Up Points earned, you’ll get 1 Club Point.

10 POWER UP POINTS = 1 CLUB POINTS

READY TO EARN?

Have time for a last-minute getaway? Book a short Caribbean sailing on Celebrity Reflection from September 2, 2024 – October 28, 2024 and earn 50 Power Up Points. As a bonus, reserve a veranda stateroom for the price of an ocean view stateroom—no promo code required. Experience the best of the Caribbean on a brief but blissful escape. To qualify, book your cruise and submit the form below with your booking details by September 11, 2024.

STEP 1

STEP_1
    BOOK NOW

STEP 2

COLORFUL MARINE LIFE
    ENTER BOOKING DETAILS

KNOW A CAPTAIN’S CLUB MEMBER THAT’S NOT RECEIVING POWER UP POINTS ACTIVITIES?

Tell them to subscribe to our emails here to be included.

VISIT CELEBRITY.COM
    CALL 1-877-202-4344   CONTACT YOUR TRAVEL ADVISOR

FOLLOW & SHARE #CELEBRITYCRUISES
    Instagram Facebook TIKTOK YouTube Pinterest

ROYAL CARIBBEAN GROUP

Instagram Instagram Instagram
    BROWSER VIEW | SPECIAL OFFERS | CRUISE SEARCH | FORWARD TO A FRIEND

*Activity Terms: Captain’s Club members receiving this email are eligible to earn 50 Power Up Points for new reservations on Celebrity Reflection Short Caribbean sailings departing from September 2, 2024 – October 28, 2024, excluding chartered sailings. The offer applies to each Captain’s Club member on the booking reservation. Power Up Points to be awarded once per eligible booking. To qualify, booking must include member’s first name, last name, date of birth and loyalty ID. Power Up Points will be converted to Club Points and temporarily added to a participating member’s Club Points balance by October 14th. If the qualifying booking is cancelled, Points awarded will be removed.

*General Terms: Power Up Points can be earned for completing various activities such as watching webinars, making a cruise booking, or taking quizzes and surveys. Opportunities to earn Power Up Points will be emailed to eligible members.

Power Up Points convert to Club Points at a ratio of 10 Power Up Points to 1 Club Point. All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month will be converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance. These Club Points are earned in addition to any points earned when sailing with us. Club Points converted from Power Up Points in a given month will be rounded up to the nearest whole Club Point. For example, a member that earns 50.5 Power Up Points in January, will have 6 Club Points added to their balance by February 14th. If you don’t see your Power Up Points by October 14th, email CXC@celebrity.com for assistance. Point discrepancies must be submitted within 1 year of the activity date. Point discrepancies older than 1 year will not be reviewed or accepted.

All terms and conditions of a Power Up Points activity must be met to be eligible to receive the associated Power Up Points. Eligible members may participate once per activity. The processing of personal information related to Power Up Points activities is subject to our Privacy Policy available here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/privacy-policy.

Certain Power Up Points activities may be construed as financial incentive(s) under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You may opt in/out by your participation in any Power Up Points activity.

Club Points converted from Power Up Points are subject to all terms and conditions of the Captain’s Club program https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/join-the-club. Power Up Points and Captains Club program terms and conditions are subject to change at any point without prior notice.

*Veranda Upgrade Terms: Cruise must be booked 08/15/24 to 09/11/24 (the “Offer Period.”) Upgrade offer applies to select Short Caribbean cruises, departing 08/15/24 – 11/04/24 on Celebrity Reflection. (“Offer Cruise”). No promo code required. To redeem book a veranda stateroom at an ocean view stateroom category price, on an Offer Cruise.

Offer applies to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings, is non-transferable, capacity controlled and combinable with standard pricing in USD only. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer. Offers and prices are subject to availability, cancellation and change without notice at any time.

Nothing Comes Close and Celebrity Reflection are trademarks of Celebrity Cruises, Inc.
    ©2024 Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ship's registry: Malta and Ecuador.

If you wish to change your preferences or opt to be excluded from future commercial e-mails from Celebrity Cruises, click here or visit: Celebrity.com .

We hope you enjoyed this e-mail from:
    Celebrity Cruises Inc.
    1050 Caribbean Way
    Miami, FL 33132
    www.celebrity.com

Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fclick.na.celebrit
    CELEBRITY X

Edited by gerelmx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, swjumbo said:

Why would anyone give you that expression?  No one knows or cares how anyone got to Elite status. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

For the life of me I will never understand the mentality of buying loyalty status. It seems that to some status is more important than the vacation.  There is nothing in any of these programs that is so great that I would compel me to do this.  Not to mention the top tier seem to be snobs in the way they turn their nose up to Royal Caribbean passengers. I have saved more money and have seen far better ports not being loyal to anyone. After this quickie sailing I'm returning to Princess after 10yrs for Europe.

I cared about getting to Zenith.  Free premium liquor, free premium wifi, free laundry.  Those are fantastic perks. And we're not all snobs and have nothing against the Pinnacles. What we are upset about is the signicantly lesser perks we get if we sail Royal compared to what they get. Example- we get 6 free drinks (water, pop, alcohol) they get unlimited premium drnk package. Fair? Hardly.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Why would anyone give you that expression?  No one knows or cares how anyone got to Elite status. 

Just some people can be rude like that.

I've had a few people give me side eyes at event because I was the youngest person in the room. But I got to Elite pretty quick as I travel alone so going to take advantage of anything offered.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Attending our last 2 Officer’s Party, whist in the queue, we were told by a few ‘more senior’ people that this was an exclusive event. 
Hope that answers your question!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

Just some people can be rude like that.

I've had a few people give me side eyes at event because I was the youngest person in the room. But I got to Elite pretty quick as I travel alone so going to take advantage of anything offered.

Back in the day it only took 10 sailings to make it to Elite which I am sure most of the Elites fall under that category. 

16 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I don't do it to "earn points". I'd cruise without points because it's my preferred way to vacation. Points are just a bonus.

I agree which I why I am middle tier on multiple lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yes. But it's a better option than not cruising.

That's what I try to tell my wife but she isn't buying it. I'm retired while she still works.  If she can't go then I can't go.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, swjumbo said:

Attending our last 2 Officer’s Party, whist in the queue, we were told by a few ‘more senior’ people that this was an exclusive event. 
Hope that answers your question!

No one would know how you got your status or care. Elite status isn’t even very exclusive! There are many who have it and some have never sailed Celebrity. They got it reciprocated from Royal Caribbean. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Cruising89143 said:

Agree. I don’t think these three and four night sailing are doing well at all but X seems determined to make them work. 

This ⬆️, I also think adding Perfect Day Coco Cay to sailings is not having the appeal they hoped for. 

• Like 4