Cruise line meeting with CDC is Today

jimbo5544

19 hours ago, soapbxking said:

well..  since Disney and Vegas are opening, who do you say is doing it?

Looks like Disneyland what’s delayed.  I am now of the mindset that this thing is going to play itself out, one way or the other.  How we got here and who is to blame is moot.  The Florida numbers clearly show that great increase in positives is mainly in a much younger age group, the ones who did not follow rules.   According tor exports, NCL has published their version of the “plan”.  We will see if they submitted to CDC and what the CDC says.

On 6/17/2020 at 11:45 AM, CarnivalCruiser875 said:

Let's roll is right!! The number of people I see wearing masks continues to drop more and more every time I to go to the store. People are over it where I am. Don't ever remember this kind of chaos if someone were to contract norovirus/rotovirus on the ship. Y'all don't come after me on that, just sharing my two cents.

People are over the virus, but the virus isn't done with them. The US is still stuck in the first wave. Norovirus hasn't killed 120,000 Americans.

• Like 3

As far as testing, if you only test people with severe symptoms, then you will have less RECORDED cases.  If you open up testing to everyone, whether they have symptoms or not, you will widen the net and have more RECORDED cases.  So, if you are just looking at recorded cases, then definitely the larger the group being tested, the more positive cases will be recorded.

An area that only tests people with severe symptoms will appear to have less cases than an area that offers the test to everyone.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

The Texas governor is a little slow, but finally he is pausing the reopening phases. We have a federal government punting on testing. The percentage of positive tests is increasing. Hospitalizations are increasing. The rest of world is going to deny American entry because of ineptness at controlling the virus. Terrorists are taking notes. But other than that, all is well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

So how did the meeting go? When does cruising start in the US? It is starting in other parts of the world.

58 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Maybe. At least the rest of the world at least is controlling the virus.

..lol yes the USA is failing ... Give a couple three weeks.. and let’s see where any place , anywhere that had it , that’s opening is doing .. its firing up in Europe now.. 

minus China as they can’t be trusted with data ... 

also compare death rate minus bone head ny  to most places on earth.. 

2 minutes ago, bitemyfly said:

..lol yes the USA is failing ... Give a couple three weeks.. and let’s see where any place , anywhere that had it , that’s opening is doing .. its firing up in Europe now.. 

minus China as they can’t be trusted with data ... 

also compare death rate minus bone head ny  to most places on earth.. 

Easy enough to do. The US will likely pass 125,000 deaths today.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

4 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

CDC does not control the world...

No, but it does appear that it controls our cruising world. The main reason I'm here. To enjoy the cruising experiences we all have, to discuss cruising matters, the places we've been and the places we look forward to cruising to. Until the cruise lines conform, or when the CDC changes their stance on our cruising world, we should hunker down because we are in it for the long haul.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

No, but it does appear that it controls our cruising world.

hmm  CDC only controls the ships where they have a homeport and port of calls IN US.........

Edited by Cruiseboy06