Asia cruise sold out

frankh1969

27 minutes ago, frankh1969 said:

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of Asia cruise are list as sold out from September to March?

yes - i posted about our november japan cruise on another thread - it cant be sold out as there were loads of cabins available just 3 days ago...only ones showing now are retreat at £7,000 pp - wondering why theyve removed all cabins from availability though??/

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, micheleg said:

Sold out or capacity controlled?  That is the new question.

My guess is capacity control.  If they think that Asia cruises will go in fall to spring, but they don't know what occupancy restrictions will be in place, it would make sense to take cabins off the board until they figure that out.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frankh1969 said:

Are Oct 11 cruise out of japan to Singapore still has a lot of open cabins too. just wondering if they are starting to limit amount on board or ready to start canceling cruise?

That itinerary is VERY unlikely to happen in October.

4 hours ago, frankh1969 said:

Are Oct 11 cruise out of japan to Singapore still has a lot of open cabins too. just wondering if they are starting to limit amount on board or ready to start canceling cruise?

Since both the Eclipse & Millennium transpacific Cruises in September have been cancelled it is unlikely the ships  will be in Tokyo on 10/11.  Unless it sails empty and I can’t think of a reason to cancel a heavily booked sailing to send the ship to Asia without passengers.  Were were booked on the Eclipse 9/25 TP which was canceled. We are also booked on the 10/11 Tokyo- Singapore and the following 10/27 Singapore r/t.  Final payment is due on the 10/11 Cruise in July so we are waiting until the late June announcement of cancelled cruises ; if it is canx we will opt for the 125%FCC.  If it isn’t cancelled in June we will not make final payment  and will cancel that and the 10/27 Singapore sailing.

Some others from the TP and 10/11 sailing have cancelled and moved the deposit to the April Asia cruises.

6 hours ago, TFree said:

My guess is capacity control.  If they think that Asia cruises will go in fall to spring, but they don't know what occupancy restrictions will be in place, it would make sense to take cabins off the board until they figure that out.

Tom & Judy

I would think that is the reason. 

We have done a few Asian cruises and cannot wait to do others, however any cruise stopping in any Chinese port (Hong Kong excepted) is not being considered by us. Considering China has brought cruising and tourism to it's knees I cannot understand why any cruise line would stop there.

i messaged the celebrity uk facebook people to ask why all cabins had been removed from availaiblty and was told it is because the cruise is sold out - as if !!!  no way that in the space of 3 days they have sold that many cabins in this environment...

I suspect this is just Celebrity's IT dept at work.  Every few days I recheck the pricing/promos for my March New Zealand cruise and every now and then it's sold out... go back a few hours later and every category is open.

• Like 1

I was on the Millenium this September from Vancouver to Tokyo...just before it was canceled (due to Canada closing their ports through 10/31) all the rooms were sold out, except the top end suites.  I'd say it doesn't look good 😞