Earning Elite Status

Bgwest

Does this mean that I become Elite after the 15th cruise credit goes into my Captain’s Circle account (prior to embarking on #16) 

or 

after the cruise that puts cruise credit #16 into my Captain’s Circle account?

ELITE

From your 16th cruise credit on, or 151+ cruise days1,2,3

It is after 15 cruise credits are achieved. 

The exception may be if one has booked what is normally 2 back to back cruises as a single cruise and your 15th cruise is in the first leg.  Then the Elite status is after the end of the booked cruise.  If you are in that case, then talk to the Captain's Circle representative onboard and he/she may change your status for the 2nd leg to Elite. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Does this mean that I become Elite after the 15th cruise credit goes into my Captain’s Circle account (prior to embarking on #16) 

or 

after the cruise that puts cruise credit #16 into my Captain’s Circle account?

ELITE

From your 16th cruise credit on, or 151+ cruise days1,2,3

The "fine print" under Membership.

2Members are eligible for a higher tier on the next cruise following completion of necessary cruises and/or cruise days. Land portion of cruisetour does not apply.

Edited by 2 cruises a year

After completion of your 15 th cruise with Princess. 
before your 16 th cruise check to see if Personalizer is updated , If not contact Captain Circle- I emailed and they changed my status to elite before 16 th cruise. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dog said:

After completion of your 15 th cruise with Princess. 
before your 16 th cruise check to see if Personalizer is updated , If not contact Captain Circle- I emailed and they changed my status to elite before 16 th cruise. 

If you booked your next cruise before completing your 15th one (or completing 150 days), then the next booking would reflect Platinum status.

The Princess computers do not always automatically update the changed status for already booked cruises which is why dog indicate a call to Princess may be needed.

• Like 2

After our 13th cruise we became elite with 154 days at sea with Princess. 4 days later we embarked on our 14th cruise but Princess had us listed as Platinum. We didn't get Elite boarding and when we did get on the ship I had to go through the Captain's Circle rep and then the Customer Service desk to get changed to Elite and get the proper card. The room steward had us listed as Platinum so I had to hassle him for the mini-bar - which took a couple of days to arrive and then was missing a bunch of stuff that had been replaced with beer. Hardly an auspicious first Elite cruise but I did expect that we wouldn't be listed as Elite since, as I said, there was only a 4 day gap between cruises and when we originally booked the cruise we were still Platinum.  We're currently at 168 days with 14 cruises completed. I expect our next 3 cruises to be cancelled but perhaps one day we will be able to cruise as Elite again. (It's not really much of a big deal though...)

Edited by Thrak

If you find yourself in a situation like Thrak, where u earn elite status or  whatever next level and your next cruise is in a short period, I have heard most Captain Circle hosts will email the Circle host on your next sailing to give them the heads up and hopefully get your status updated to save you the hassle Thrak went through. Also heard cruise cards can be printed at embarkation port 2-3 days before sail date and Medallions mailed a couple weeks before, so sometimes cannot be rectified till on ship.

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

but, ya gotsta admit ... sailing as an elitest doesn't hold a candle to a blue card sailing in a suite ...

Never sailed in a suite and not at all likely to do so. Far to spendy for me. I do think blue card sailing - if it's a first cruise - is hard to beat, though. There's nothing to compare with the amazement the first time you board.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 10:59 PM, caribill said:

But you had fun getting there!

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Never sailed in a suite and not at all likely to do so. Far to spendy for me. I do think blue card sailing - if it's a first cruise - is hard to beat, though. There's nothing to compare with the amazement the first time you board.

Agreed, if our first cruise wouldn't have been great, we might not have ever made Elite.  My wife and I always say, that we have been treated Elite since day one.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 7:06 PM, voljeep said:

but, ya gotsta admit ... sailing as an elitest doesn't hold a candle to a blue card sailing in a suite ...

Been there done that.
First Princess cruise was in C748 on the CB. Wife was amazed. I was too. 😃