Wow CRUISES IN JAN 2021 ALL SOLD OUT?

true45

Just did a search for our Jan 2021 Apex sailing - was in an optimistic frame of mind this morning — for our son to join, and both sailings on that day show sold out.  Then I looked to see other ships, other days, also sold out?

Is this because the ships will be sailing less full, is it a glitch, what?

Anyone know?

Usually strange things happen the first morning when they update the website with new prices/specials which today is.  In truth Celebrity should close the website down for an hour of maintenance when doing this so it comes back working properly instead of uploading the new special and removing the old one on the live system.  Might make less headaches 

Whatever the reason, if you book it be prepared to decide whether you want a refund or FCC when it's cancelled later.  There's no reason to think all itineraries will sail as scheduled in January.  MABYE some, but not all.  And stock up on masks in case it sails.  Sailing in the Caribbean wearing a mask will be fun!

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 1

They must be doing inventory or possibly redeploying the ship somewhere else. The entire South America season on Silhouette has been showing sold out for a couple weeks now. As the cruise lines have said many times, they will be restarting much smaller and not using all the ships in the beginning. 

My cruise on 29th March from Tampa on Constellation has been showing sold out for past week. Cruises before and after are showing available. Celebrity say if they are looking to cancel then all cruises in that location are usually shown as sold out and in my case it’s likely to be a reproving or port change! 

16 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

🤦‍♀️Oh no.  I've seen some speculate that it means the ships will not sail during that month and those who are already booked will get cancellations.  I SO hope they haven't projected that far out.

Of course they haven’t. You know better than that! 

They need to keep bookings open to generate cash deposits regardless if they sail or not. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

My cruise on 29th March from Tampa on Constellation has been showing sold out for past week. Cruises before and after are showing available. Celebrity say if they are looking to cancel then all cruises in that location are usually shown as sold out and in my case it’s likely to be a reproving or port change! 

My curiosity would get to me after a week & I would call celebrity.

Good luck.

• Like 1