WTTC & CCL Covid 19 Summit

The World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) and Carnival Corporation will host the WTTC/Carnival Corporation Global Science Summit on COVID-19.

Set for July 23, this will be a virtual scientific summit focused on COVID-19 and the new normal, according to a statement. 

Taking place from 1400 hours to 1730 GMT (10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. EDT) on Thursday, July 23, the summit, which is open to the public, will share the latest scientific knowledge and evidence-based best practices related to prevention, detection, treatment and mitigation of COVID-19.

The joint summit will see global tourism leaders, WTTC Members, government agencies, destination partners, trade and private businesses, share the very latest science and medical evidence that can be used to inform practical, adaptable and science-based solutions for mitigating and living with COVID-19.

The summit will bring together a lineup of world renowned medical, epidemiology and public health experts to explore and share the latest best practice on the science of COVID-19 and how best to address the many practical questions people have about the disease.

Gloria Guevara, WTTC President & CEO, said: "I was excited when Arnold, on behalf of Carnival Corporation, approached me with this idea. This event will be a powerful platform for harnessing the best thinking from across all fields of knowledge in the public and private sectors. The science of this virus is rapidly evolving and these real-time insights will be invaluable in helping us determine evidence-based protection and mitigation measures to combat COVID-19. They will also help drive global alignment and collaboration on the frontiers of science and policy, which is critical to the survival of this important sector.

"COVID-19 has had a crushing global socio-economic impact and is threatening the jobs of millions of people whose very livelihoods depend upon a thriving Travel & Tourism sector for their survival."

This is the link to the announcement:  https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23189-wttc-and-carnival-corporation-present-covid-19-scientific-summit.html?fbclid=IwAR354KqWx231TIXifYV6PyyLtQ74pIlfP3pHU-xA_RMf7Xd1elIevTNhMys

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

I listened to all three hours yesterday.  It was a very interesting discussion, non-biased IMHO and a truly outstanding panel of experts.  Mr. Donald was in attendance throughout.  His questions were educated.  After listening I cannot believe that CCL will be cruising until 2021.  

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Do any of the panelists believe we use alien DNA in vaccines?

The panelist were an esteemed group with solid credentials.  It was clear none of them were selling their reputations to the highest bidders.   None of them were snarky either.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

The panelist were an esteemed group with solid credentials.  It was clear none of them were selling their reputations to the highest bidders.   None of them were snarky either.  

I was joking, should have put a 😎 or 😄 to make it clear

Edited by KirkNC

You should listen to it.  I listen to the JAMA podcasts, Dr.Osterholm podcasts as well as others such as TED.  This was by far one of the most thoughtful and thorough accessible discussions  I have heard.  

• Like 1