Advice - Help to Lift/Shift Five 2020 Rhapsody cruises

We have five Rhapsody cruises booked from Nov. 7th, 2020 crossing BCN-Tampa with last cruise being Dec. 12th.   Hoping to L&S all of them to five Harmony 2021 cruises - Oct.31st (crossing BCN-Port Canaveral) with last cruise being Dec. 12th.  Think all Rhapsody cruises fall within L&S requirements - just need to do L&S before August 1st?

Questions:
.   Rhapsody are both Guarantee & assigned cabins - would we keep same cabin category?  what if category is not available on Harmony?

.  do we keep same Rhapsody pricing?  do taxes stay the same?

.  four of the Rhapsody cruises have $100 obc from Next Cruise - does $100 obc move to Harmony bookings?

. if we book Dec. 19th Rhapsody cruise now - can this be L&S to Harmony Dec. 19th too?

. currently have "refundable" air booked with ChoiceAir (MIA-BCN) for Nov. 6th.  Would $ just be refunded so we re-book flight for Oct. 2021?

Thanks SO much.  Plan to call our Agent but want to be informed 1st by all the good people at CC!!
NJ 

Great - thanks. Just realized my dates are off.  My five Rhapsody cruises only go to Dec. 5th, 2021 Harmony. 

I would have to find two "cheapie" cruises now to be able to L&S for Dec. 12 & Dec. 19th Harmony.   

Question:  Can I do a L&S for a Xmas cruise?

Thanks!

NJ 

8 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Great - thanks. Just realized my dates are off.  My five Rhapsody cruises only go to Dec. 5th, 2021 Harmony. 

I would have to find two "cheapie" cruises now to be able to L&S for Dec. 12 & Dec. 19th Harmony.   

Question:  Can I do a L&S for a Xmas cruise?

Thanks!

NJ 

You can't L & S to a Christmas cruise unless you already had one booked. 

3 minutes ago, molly361 said:

You can't L & S to a Christmas cruise unless you already had one booked. 

Thanks - that answer that!!   

And now I'm wondering if L&S would be even allowed with the Rhapsody cruises (which are Tampa-Tampa) for the Harmony (Pt. Canaveral-Pt. Canaveral).   All Harmony cruises stop at Coco Cay.  Would having Coco Cay as a port be considered as same itinerary???

NJ 

I suggest completing the L&S request form.  It will provide a list of options based on each sailing you request.  It may not be every choice Royal will allow but it gives some choices at least to consider.

There is no obligation to accept any of the choices.  Simply don’t process through.

6 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Thanks - that answer that!!   

And now I'm wondering if L&S would be even allowed with the Rhapsody cruises (which are Tampa-Tampa) for the Harmony (Pt. Canaveral-Pt. Canaveral).   All Harmony cruises stop at Coco Cay.  Would having Coco Cay as a port be considered as same itinerary???

NJ 

If you enter your booking number in the link below if shows what cruises you can shift to.  I have shifted several to HM from ports that were NOT Port Canaveral

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.159508477.1749092873.1593958899-138505762.1591632417

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If you enter your booking number in the link below if shows what cruises you can shift to.  I have shifted several to HM from ports that were NOT Port Canaveral

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.159508477.1749092873.1593958899-138505762.1591632417

Wow - thank you.  That is so great.  Did a mock search & Harmony seems to be ok.  

NJ 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Just curious, if I L&S Rhapsody cruises to Harmony.  Say in October if it looks like cruises may actually, would RC allow us to book a couple of the same November Rhapsody cruises again?

NJ 

42 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Just curious, if I L&S Rhapsody cruises to Harmony.  Say in October if it looks like cruises may actually, would RC allow us to book a couple of the same November Rhapsody cruises again?

NJ 

I believe that you can but not 100% sure 

I did not know about that website.  Thank you, @John&LaLa

Interesting outcome for me.

Any number of people on previous threads had said that Majesty from New Orleans could only be lifted and shifted to another Majesty cruise.

Not what just happened.  I was also offered Enchantment (Baltimore) and Oasis (Cape Liberty).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Could you shift a cruise out of Barcelona to a US Port?

9 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Good luck.  I could never keep all that straight.  

Well, it sure was easy when I set the Rhapsody cruises up originally!! Actually, we had cruises booked from Sept. 7th Vision straight thru to Nov. 7th.   All Canada/N.E. - GONE.    Who knew...

NJ 

56 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

I did not know about that website.  Thank you, @John&LaLa

Interesting outcome for me.

Any number of people on previous threads had said that Majesty from New Orleans could only be lifted and shifted to another Majesty cruise.

Not what just happened.  I was also offered Enchantment (Baltimore) and Oasis (Cape Liberty).

The options that are being given have evolved and have largely depended in the agent you spoke with.  The majesty example was prior to the on line options being available. 

currently many of the agents seem to be working off a restricted list denying many of the option to shift to SY, HM and OY.  If you do the lift and switch on line you see all the options. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The options that are being given have evolved and have largely depended in the agent you spoke with.  The majesty example was prior to the on line options being available. 

currently many of the agents seem to be working off a restricted list denying many of the option to shift to SY, HM and OY.  If you do the lift and switch on line you see all the options. 

Key,

So do you think it's better to L&S online instead of with agent?  I'm just concerned coz if I get a "no" to one it throws my whole plan off.....

NJ 

Just now, NJ&Ozzie said:

Key,

So do you think it's better to L&S online instead of with agent?  I'm just concerned coz if I get a "no" to one it throws my whole plan off.....

NJ 

I have not had one refused that I have submitted in line as long as the option was available and I have done a lot.  

• Like 1