The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

4 hours ago, Mudhen said:

Does anyone know where Mark Ferris (sp?) is now or where he will be in the future.....? I know a long shot as to who knows where ANYONE will be in the future!

According to his website, Mark is currently at home in Chicago. See: http://markfarris.com/.

According to the Crystal website, Mark will be on the Ravel October-December and on the Symphony January 27 (Singapore) - March 8 (Mombasa).

Edited by TER777
  • Thanks 1

image.png.7c53f7a56c961916df8f5226d1428465.png

Pilgrims Voyage 1620 | Plimoth Patuxit 400th Anniversary

The Mayflower sailed from Plymouth, England, on Sept. 16, 1620, and made landfall in Cape Cod Bay near Provincetown on Nov.  11, 1620   It carried a crew of about 30 and 102 Pilgrims (who were dissenters from the Church of England).  The ship had four decks, was about 90 feet long, and weighed 180 tons. The living quarters for the passengers were cramped, about 80 feet by 20 feet (1,600 sq. feet,) and the ceiling about five feet high. It actually was heading for Virginia, but got blown off course.  After the Pilgrims briefly explored outer Cape Cod, the Mayflower landed at Plymouth on Dec. 18, 1620.

On Monday, July 20, Mayflower II will depart Mystic CT Seaport Museum’s Henry B. duPont Preservation Shipyard at 9 am under tow.   The replica’s voyage to Plymouth, MA can be tracked via www.marinetraffic.com.

Edited by Jim9310
  • Like 2

Thanks so much for your sunrise/sunset photos, Roy.  I am thoroughly enjoying them and hope it's not too long before I am seeing the real things from a ship!  I am booked on Serenity from Miami on January 5 but have little hope it will sail.  Keep up the good work!

Sandie

• Thanks 1

Like many of us I was supposed to be on a Crystal cruise this summer, sitting on my veranda and sipping a Bistro coffee.  But I’ve decided my own deck is just as pleasant. I have one of those little battery powered spring things that whips my hot milk into foam and I can spoon that into my Keurig coffee. I have beautiful crape myrtles and roses instead of umbrella pines.  I have a pool instead of the ocean. But I need to enjoy these simple, wonderful things more and stop complaining!  I’m still healthy too (so far!)

image.jpg

Edited by Cruise-y
  • Like 6

My first July sunrise photo was from a long multi-modal trip.  I don't have a photo from July 22 so I'm moving a few days forward.  That trip ended with a cruise on Blount's Grande Caribe leaving Duluth July 21, 2005 and arriving Chicago July 29.  This was taken about an hour before we pulled inside along Navy Pier.

ytgl144.jpg.a820d5986153d4ce9c33a9d8bd41

Roy

• Like 4

4 hours ago, StoryMag said:

Does anyone know why there are suddenly so many ships in Malaysia near Serenity? 

I haven't been watching Serenity as closely, but that looks like a similar assortment to what's been anchored around Symphony for the past couple of months...  And in many cases sister ships of the ones anchored on the other side of the peninsula.

Vince

4 hours ago, StoryMag said:

Does anyone know why there are suddenly so many ships in Malaysia near Serenity? 

I think there are a relatively small number of places where ships can lay up with minimal fees and with some support services.  A lot of the newcomers may have just finished repatriating there crews.  Until recently there were up to 40 ships off Manila trying to get crew home.  Most have completed their missions and are now in search of good layup spots.

Roy

• Like 1

I need something a little stiffer than the wine in the Bistro -- I can be found down the hall in the Avenue if anyone would like to join.  🙂 

img%5D

(The pic is from 2018 and is the 007 Martini, which was one of Crystal's original Martini Collection offerings from the '00's.  For those who may not have Symphony before, the shot is through the door and the mirror is across the corridor.)

Vince

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

I need something a little stiffer than the wine in the Bistro -- I can be found down the hall in the Avenue if anyone would like to join.  🙂 

img%5D

(The pic is from 2018 and is the 007 Martini, which was one of Crystal's original Martini Collection offerings from the '00's.  For those who may not have Symphony before, the shot is through the door and the mirror is across the corridor.)

Vince

I'll meet you there, Vince, but only if that famous Crystal nut container is full of cashews! 🤩🥰

Patty

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

I'll meet you there, Vince, but only if that famous Crystal nut container is full of cashews! 🤩🥰

Patty

Yay Patty!  You're in luck, tonight there are cashews in the containers -- and I'm in luck (besides your company), the hot hors d'oeuvres are pigs in a blanket.  🐷 😋

49539837218_47a55ede91_z.jpg

Vince

• Like 5