The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

1 hour ago, May B said:

I must confess I looked at the menu, and I wondered what the heck Caesar salad ice cream could be. 

Also, I’m curious if anybody was at the other table in the kitchen. 

May,

No skipping chapters.   This is a mystery novel, told in food.

Also, excellent point of curiosity, a consideration that has weighed upon me in my decision to book (and pay the surcharge) or not over the (literally) years.  There is a clue in my one word description of the evening.

Stay tuned.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, KenzSailing said:

May,

No skipping chapters.   This is a mystery novel, told in food.

Also, excellent point of curiosity, a consideration that has weighed upon me in my decision to book (and pay the surcharge) or not over the (literally) years.  There is a clue in my one word description of the evening.

Stay tuned.

I’ll be patient, and that was a great word.

Very Special Birthdays deserve Very Special Celebrations.

I am staying tuned. I wonder if I’ll get to my own Very Special Birthday before your story concludes. It’s in 12 days!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from my 2013 Crystal Symphony cruise New York to Miami that led to an Amazon adventure on MS Prinsendam.  On November 9 the Symphony was at sea between Jacksonville and Grand Cayman:

firstsun.jpg

Roy

It’s not everybody who can say they cruised direct from Jacksonville to Grand Cayman.

• Like 1

Did you all notice of late that we have all sorts of new posters on the board with funny member names as part of the name they are using (pig, horse, bird, gin.....etc.etc.) No a few years ago we got a stick on the board but it's been funny of late.

Any idea why?  I find it funny though because someone puts down a pig and all of a sudden a pig shows up from nowhere.

Keith

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Did you all notice of late that we have all sorts of new posters on the board with funny member names as part of the name they are using (pig, horse, bird, gin.....etc.etc.) No a few years ago we got a stick on the board but it's been funny of late.

Any idea why?  I find it funny though because someone puts down a pig and all of a sudden a pig shows up from nowhere.

Keith

bizarre

nancy

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, nicemarmot said:

I meant to add that Arnold Ziffel is both a TV and a movie reference. I wouldn't be surprised if he became a CC member to follow the Turner Classic movie cruise. It was cancelled in 2020 1nd 2021, but is back for 2022, and just looking at it now, it seems there is a "Pulp Fiction" theme to it, which would explain Arnold.

Hello Arnold! I would love to get a like from you!

Oh I was being funny but it was interesting.  For example, someone would respond to a post and say something about a horse and all of a sudden someone who had never posted before on the Crystal Board who had horse in their name posted something to be funny like don't pick on horses and that was part of their name.  

Oh I didn't even think about your CC name being an animal.

By the way I like most animals except those that scare me.   LOL.

Best,

Keith

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nicemarmot said:

The TCM cruise is November 12 through November 17 on Disney Dream, round-trip Miami.

Apparently, it's verboten to post a direct link to the web site because it's a 3rd party site, meaning they are like travel agents. But there is a Roll Call for it on Cruise Critic There's no good information there, though.

A member using the name Jules2517 has been posting about it here:

He's not the thread starter. He just bumped an old TCM topic. He sometimes writes in character as Jules from Pulp Fiction, which is why I wrote that above - I was referencing his posts and not the cruise. As far as I know there is no theme for the 2022 cruise. There are no guests announced on the 3rd party web site yet.

And as far as I know, that topic has not had any impromptu visits from farm animals.

So, is that something that interests you, May B? Have you done a TCM cruise before?

I have not done a TCM cruise and in fact, I rarely watch moves. Mr. B often goes through channels and there are several movies he always stops to watch, including Pulp Fiction. Another is An Officer and a Gentleman. 

Thanks for explaining your post to me! We have never done a Disney cruise but that one does actually sound intriguing.

A weird trivia question came up in one of my dreams last night...  (Yeah, that's a true sign of Crystal withdrawal....  😢). I wonder how many people would get this immediately?

Crystal Harmony was launched with four non-penthouse "staterooms" that featured bidets, Jacuzzi tubs and separate showers.  Which staterooms were they?

Vince

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

A weird trivia question came up in one of my dreams last night...  (Yeah, that's a true sign of Crystal withdrawal....  😢). I wonder how many people would get this immediately?

Crystal Harmony was launched with four non-penthouse "staterooms" that featured bidets, Jacuzzi tubs and separate showers.  Which staterooms were they?

Vince

i believe they were on deck 7 aft, 2 on each side of the ship and when I cruised on my only harmony cruise in 2005 they were considered A category…I could very well be wrong

Nancy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BWIVince said:

Vince

A case of you learn something new every day!! I didn't come to Crystal until after Harmony was gone, so I don't know much about her. Saw some photos after she left Crystal and could see places that looked like Symphony.

Patty

• Like 1

Quick note.  In the hospital for literally a “pain in the butt”.  They found a puss abscess in the muscle that made standing so painful It actually caused me to fall.  They’re drained it and put me on antibiotics. Not sure but I hope to go home tomorrow.

Roy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nancygp said:

i believe they were on deck 7 aft, 2 on each side of the ship and when I cruised on my only harmony cruise in 2005 they were considered A category…I could very well be wrong

Nancy

Nailed it, Nancy!  7124, 7126, 7127 and 7129.  They had different category codes over the years, but I think you are right that they were “A’s” at one point. Originally they were B’s when Harmony was launched.

They were originally fitted out to match the penthouses, and had that same “special” green or color-stained woodwork that some of Harmony’s penthouses had, along with pretty much the bath units of what today would be a PH (except on Harmony they had bidets).  They also had the sitting area with 3rd berth like the penthouses.

They were one of Harmony’s fun quirks.  Remembering the green cabinetry gave me a shiver, though.

Vince

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Quick note.  In the hospital for literally a “pain in the butt”.  They found a puss abscess in the muscle that made standing so painful It actually caused me to fall.  They’re drained it and put me on antibiotics. Not sure but I hope to go home tomorrow.

Roy

You know Roy, about an hour ago I started getting worried that you hadn’t posted a picture today!  I hope you make it home tomorrow and have a very speedy recovery — I’m sorry you were in so much pain.  😞 

Vince

• Thanks 1

Vince, glad I nailed it!!! 😀

after I posted, I found the my cruise atlas from 2005 and the 4 cabins were shown as a category A.   While walking the promenade deck on my 2005 cruise, I tried to catch a glimpse of these cabins

Nancy 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Feel better and wishing you a speedy recovery 

Nancy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Get well soon! All good wishes. 💕🌺💕🌺

Patty

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Roy

Fingers crossed for a short and uneventful stay!!