No Bars On Cruise Ships.

rafaelc

1 minute ago, clo said:

Classy.

Then just for fun I add all the X ribbons I've won on Celebrity for Trivia. Much easier to win trivia on Celebrity than Oceania. 

Lot's of bling going there. 

• Like 1

We had dinner in Jacques with a delightful couple where the gentleman proudly displayed his President’s Circle pin on the lapel of his dress jacket! Some want you to know you’re in the presence of achievement! 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

We had dinner in Jacques with a delightful couple where the gentleman proudly displayed his President’s Circle pin on the lapel of his dress jacket! Some want you to know you’re in the presence of achievement! 

Oh my.

I hope you had the escargots.

IMG_7101 - Edited (1).jpg

38 minutes ago, ORV said:

I put mine on a sash like Boy Scout Merit badges. Don't you?

Mine are in a shoe box with all the other stuff from the Boy Scouts.  I look at them every few years.  Nice.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Then just for fun I add all the X ribbons I've won on Celebrity for Trivia. Much easier to win trivia on Celebrity than Oceania. 

Lot's of bling going there. 

What do you do with leftover Big O points? 😀

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

We had dinner in Jacques with a delightful couple where the gentleman proudly displayed his President’s Circle pin on the lapel of his dress jacket!

If you are going to wear any pins, that would be the one to show off.

It was well earned, I am sure.

12 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

What do you do with leftover Big O points? 😀

I've got a little stash, you never know when you might need an extra 20 or more when something we don't already have is available. Interesting how they started making them ship specific a few years ago, but they never check. We usually only earn them for trivia and an occasional Baggo(Cornhole for you Southerners) game. I do like the art scavenger hunt game. Since we generally have most of the merchandise already we wind up giving some to teammates that need a few. I'm sure you know how that goes. 

4 hours ago, RJB said:

Just stick them in a drawer where they will never see the light of day again. 

I just plain toss them.... only pin I occasionally wear on a suit or blazer is from another  series of cruises.

b268_2.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

I just plain toss them.... only pin I occasionally wear on a suit or blazer is from another  series of cruises.

Why? And how often do you wear one of those? Looks a bit gaudy but you're in SoCal where dress codes are a tad different. LOL.

12 hours ago, clo said:

And what, pray tell, do you do with those pins?

I have seen a great many of them proudly worn on immaculate blue blazers while onboard our cruises, most prevalent for sure at the repeat passengers’ party but also at some of the specialty restaurants and GDR.   Mine never have been worn but reside in the same dresser drawer as several small blue holders containing several useless cabin keycards. 

2 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

but reside in the same dresser drawer as several small blue holders containing several useless cabin keycards. 

Key cards? Something else we dump 🙂 This reminds me of articles I've read over the last few years. Directed at Boomers: your kids don't want you stuff; get rid of it. We're doing it 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, clo said:

Why? And how often do you wear one of those? Looks a bit gaudy but you're in SoCal where dress codes are a tad different. LOL.

Its about 3/4 " long......and it is  America where it is  more than acceptable... Why? 

You'd never understand if you have to ask.  I wore it at and in formal settings, as I wrote ...and you read.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, clo said:

Key cards? Something else we dump 🙂 This reminds me of articles I've read over the last few years. Directed at Boomers: your kids don't want you stuff; get rid of it. We're doing it 🙂

Thanks so much for your sage advice.🙂

Edited by CintiPam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, CintiPam said:

I have seen a great many of them proudly worn on immaculate blue blazers while onboard our cruises, most prevalent for sure at the repeat passengers’ party but also at some of the specialty restaurants and GDR.   Mine never have been worn but reside in the same dresser drawer as several small blue holders containing several useless cabin keycards. 

LOL

Sounds like  our  pins & cards   they have a special place 😁

I did finally let go of the dailies 

I am not a hoarder ..really i'm  not

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

b268_2.jpg

And that one has real meaning

Edited by CptBoatface
I have a Peoples republic of Pineland sticker on my car. Occasionally I get a thumbs up from those in the know. And the far lefties locally presume I'm part of one of their movements
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Please tell us what the meaning is.  Thank you. 

Obviously Military, more than likely Naval. I can understand Flo not getting it but I'd think a patriotic fella like you would. 

1 minute ago, ORV said:

Obviously Military, more than likely Naval. I can understand Flo not getting it but I'd think a patriotic fella like you would. 

I would guess military also, but still does not give the answer as to what it is.  Also what does being patriotic have to do with know what it is?