No Bars On Cruise Ships.

rafaelc

13 hours ago, LHT28 said:

LOL

Sounds like  our  pins & cards   they have a special place 😁

I did finally let go of the dailies 

I am not a hoarder ..really i'm  not

So ironic that you mention the dailies.  I just this morning placed the daily Currents and blue cruise booklet from our last Oceania cruise in March in its Redweld folder in the plastic storage container I fill with a Redweld from each of our overseas trips.

I assert that I only am a hoarder regarding our overseas adventures. 😁

Edited by CintiPam
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

So ironic that you mention the dailies.  I just this morning placed the daily Currents and blue cruise booklet from our last Oceania cruise in March in its Redweld folder in the plastic storage container I fill with a Redweld from each of our overseas trips.

I assert that I only am a hoarder regarding our overseas adventures. 😁

LOL. When I started to read this I was just sure that you were going to say that you'd put them in the recycle bin 🙂 Today I put in the donate box three or four framed things and a couple of pottery things that we got on trips.

18 hours ago, CptBoatface said:

Naval surface warfare-officer. Pardon me if I'm off a bit. 

Very nice to see. I am impressed.    I thank him for his service.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hanoverian said:

Surface Warfare Officer.  Surface line, mighty fine.

Thank you shipmate.................sometimes I alternate lapel pins  (only one)     The  cruise line pins they give you...... these you earn.

b613_5.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

The  cruise line pins they give you...... these you earn.

Another way to look at it - these you get paid for, the Oceania ones you pay for.😀

On a serious note - all service members deserve our thanks for their service to the country.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 7

On 7/23/2020 at 3:58 PM, Paulchili said:

Another way to look at it - these you get paid for, the Oceania ones you pay for.😀

On a serious note - all service members deserve our thanks for their service to the country.

+ 1

On 7/21/2020 at 11:34 PM, clo said:

Key cards? Something else we dump 🙂 This reminds me of articles I've read over the last few years. Directed at Boomers: your kids don't want you stuff; get rid of it. We're doing it 🙂

I wish people wouldn't generalize like that. My mother is the "anti-hoarder" -- she tosses everything and gets rid of things with family memories constantly that my sister and I would have liked.  Things she has sold or tossed without asking include my grandmother's china and a priceless hand-written memory book/scrap book that my grandmother made of her courtship with my grandfather back in the 1920's. 👎

Things saved from the rubbish bin by sheer luck include a series of dinner menus from Sitmar cruises we took as a family in the 1970s and a lot of memorabilia from ocean crossings my mother made with my grandmother including on the Queen Mary in the 1950s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I wish people wouldn't generalize like that.

When my MIL died, we took what we wanted and then I took photos of all manner of things the 'girls' might want. They wanted practically nothing. I nonetheless put aside a box of things they might some day want. We had taken her Waterford crystal but realized a few years later that it just wasn't our style. Again I took pix and sent to the girls. Not their style either. Donated to the SPCA thrift store. So that's a longer explanation. But we are continuing to get rid of things. Lots and lots of things 🙂

We've been off topic since Tuesday for the last 2 pages. I'm okay with that as I know conversations evolve. I've never been onboard with the OFF TOPIC police. 

Meanwhile, I was still thinking.............

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ORV said:

We've been off topic since Tuesday for the last 2 pages. I'm okay with that as I know conversations evolve. I've never been onboard with the OFF TOPIC police. 

Meanwhile, I was still thinking.............

Well, there's nothing much new about cruising to talk about so the mods are being very generous.

I and others have likely mentioned that I can't imagine NO bars but I can easily picture no sitting or standing at bars. Table service only. I see it here and it seems fine. And maybe they'll have additional smaller bars.

On 7/23/2020 at 3:50 PM, Hawaiidan said:

Thank you shipmate.................sometimes I alternate lapel pins  (only one)     The  cruise line pins they give you...... these you earn.

b613_5.jpg

On 7/25/2020 at 2:11 PM, clo said:

Well, there's nothing much new about cruising to talk about so the mods are being very generous.

I and others have likely mentioned that I can't imagine NO bars but I can easily picture no sitting or standing at bars. Table service only. I see it here and it seems fine. And maybe they'll have additional smaller bars.

Lt. Commander!   XO?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 11:30 PM, CintiPam said:

useless cabin keycards. 

Not so!  I make a reduced copy of my itineraries and tape them on the back of key cards.  They are in an old, large passport case, and I will frequently refer to them when my sister and I are trying to remember on which cruise we went to "X" port.  Quite handy. And don't take up much room in my desk drawer.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

Not so!  I make a reduced copy of my itineraries and tape them on the back of key cards.  They are in an old, large passport case, and I will frequently refer to them when my sister and I are trying to remember on which cruise we went to "X" port.  Quite handy. And don't take up much room in my desk drawer.

Or you simply could save the first page of the last Currents of your cruise.  To each her own. 😉

I look forward to the day when we both can add to our respective collections of cruise memories! 

Me too!  I check O's site -daily to see if our 12-20-20 cruise has been 'waitlisted', a sure sign of cancellation!

This is the second cruise we've booked since our cancelled Sirena this past March - 3 days prior to cruise!!

If this one is also cancelled I'll look on the bright side:  home with family for the holidays, and the plethora of great cruises into the future.