CL/SL future when cruising returns.

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Just to be clear, Harmony and Symphony NEVER had a DL on Deck 11/12.  I’m sure it was already drawn up this way years in advance of completion.

M8

Isn't that what I said? Oasis and Allure DL on Deck 11 entry, Deck 12 upstairs. Overlooking Boardwalk.

Harmony and Symphony on Deck 4. Wonderland on Decks 11 and 12. Entry in Deck 12 go down stairs to Deck 11.

So what are you saying? 

Classify your statement,  please. 

1 hour ago, bonsai3s said:

Our favorite CL was on our Ovation cruises in Asia...wonderful views from the aft Deck 12...it was big and almost always empty.........when we repositioned from Asia to Australia, then there were more visitors to the CL.😄

Note: The CL even had a restroom.

Hoping they keep those Quantum class CL open.

Allure DL has a restroom

2 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

By the way, the deck 4 DL is bigger than the original DL on Oasis and Allure.  And that one was just as much a dungeon. 

Maybe I didn't know what 'original DL' was on the Oasis or Allure. However, I was  specific on where the DL was on the Oasis and Allure when I was on these. 

When did they move the DLs to Deck 11 and 12?

Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Apparently I didn't. Maybe you were not clear?

I was very clear. 

The part you are missing is that the 'original' Oasis Class DL was on deck 6 forward above Starbucks. Ridiculously small and no windows. 

Whst you know on deck 4 is an improvement 

It did have 3 or 4 tables overlooking Promenade that were pretty cool

• Like 1

Just now, Oxo said:

Maybe I didn't know what 'original DL' was on the Oasis or Allure. However, I was  specific on where the DL was on the Oasis and Allure when I was on these. 

When did they move the DLs to Deck 11 and 12?

Thanks! 

After the first drydock of Oasis

But what you know is actually the 3rd version. It was temporarily on deck 4 aft off the dining room. They moved it to deck 11 when they figured out Wonderland would not work there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

After the first drydock of Oasis

But what you know is actually the 3rd version. It was temporarily on deck 4 aft off the dining room. They moved it to deck 11 when they figured out Wonderland would not work there

Sorry, didn't know that. Learn something every day.

Thanks,  for info!

Stay Safe! 

26 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Isn't that what I said? Oasis and Allure DL on Deck 11 entry, Deck 12 upstairs. Overlooking Boardwalk.

Harmony and Symphony on Deck 4. Wonderland on Decks 11 and 12. Entry in Deck 12 go down stairs to Deck 11.

So what are you saying? 

Classify your statement,  please. 

Not exactly. People like to play on words. You said Harmony and Symphony moved the DL down to Deck 4 from Deck 11/12.  The DL was never on Deck 11/12 on Harmony/Symphony. The DL on Oasis was moved from Deck 11/12 to Deck 4 and we all know you and many others are not happy about it. 

M8

26 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

I was very clear. 

The part you are missing is that the 'original' Oasis Class DL was on deck 6 forward above Starbucks. Ridiculously small and no windows. 

I thought you were very clear. 😇

M8

4 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

Have you cruised in Star Class on RC? Just wondering what the difference is.

Yes & only once. Not worth it compared to MSC & NCL. I prefer YC over Haven. Both YC & Haven have butlers, private pools & spas with grill, restaurant & large sun deck. YC has the best lounges with panoramic views, piano player & violinist nightly, drinks, cocktails & specially coffee (made fresh for you & brought to you not the coffee machines you use to make your own that RCL have in their lounges). You can get specialty coffees & cocktails anywhere on ship 24/7. Entrance into their thermo suite included (dry hot salt room, thassalotherapy pool, the snow room, etc.)  RCL doesn’t come close to their offerings. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, voyager70 said:

D members had access to CL's at one time as well.  Don't believe D+ existed at the time but I honestly can't remember for sure.

IIRC, on March 30, 2009**  they stopped the Ds going into the CL, and made the CL just for D+  and Suites; , but there was such an uproar that by Sept 2009 they introduced the Diamond Event (wine and beer in a room).  
There was no DL fleet wide, only on Freedom class, Oasis and Allure then, but they gradually built a new DL location on other ships. 

Jan 21, 2011 they changed their points structure and introduced Pinnacles (and Emeralds)

**I remember this exact date as that was the same date I turned Diamond and they took the benefit away! 

Edited by little britain
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

Unfortunately they had to due to out of control growth in the upper tiers. 

It will likely happen again.

Royal did add DL's some time after the D's got das boot.

The nightly Diamond event came first and our first visit was August 2011 on Adventure out of Málaga on our 30th wedding anniversary.

I watched with anticipation after this as RCL announced the phased opening of Diamond Lounges.

7 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

So you never sailed Oasis and Allure with the original DL and SL layouts?

The allure DL you saw in 2015 was the old CL.

Fortunately for you, they've kept it a while longer.

We sail a lot in Europe and didn't book Allure again until this year but our June 2020 cruise on Allure was cancelled due to covid19.

6 hours ago, CSHS1979 said:

I was very clear. 

I liked that old DL on Oasis with the parasols overlooking the RP!   Better than the soulless windowless room on symphony and harmony. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

If you do not pay for a suite why should you be allowed to go in a suite lounge.  We pay for a suite and expect a little more than a crowded DL, and we are Diamond. 

My original question is the future of CL/SL so how would you feel if when cruising returns there is no CL/SL due to social distancing.

Would you still book a Suite if this happens?

19 minutes ago, little britain said:

I liked that old DL on Oasis with the parasols overlooking the RP!   Better than the soulless windowless room on symphony and harmony. 

With over 5000 passengers on Oasis class  a SL with a capacity much less than the total number of Suite guests before Pinnacles are included my question for starting this thread is what future can there be for these Suite lounges when cruising returns.

Edited by grapau27

10 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Am I correct that when the Concierge lounges were opened, they were intended for suite passengers but at some point D+ ( the highest category at that time) was allowed access?  

Is there anyone on this thread that can recall if this is correct? 

Thanks.

m

Diamond was the highest at that time but the points were different then and a new system was introduced in 2009.

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Only good if you were one of the 8 or so lucky folks with seats. Could you imagine it now. People would arrive around noon to save those seats

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Our first Oasis class ship was Allure in 2015 and we were still Diamond but the DL overlooking the boardwalk was nice.

Harmony introduced Wonderland in this area in 2016.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our first Oasis class ship was Allure in 2015 and we were still Diamond but the DL overlooking the boardwalk was nice.

Harmony introduced Wonderland in this area in 2016.

So you were fortunate they got rid of the CL in favor of an SL😉

11 minutes ago, CSHS1979 said:

Thanks January 2011 when Emeralds and Pinnacles were introduced.

We made Diamond and sailed on Adventure from Malaga in August 2011 as first time Diamonds for our 30th wedding anniversary.