CL/SL future when cruising returns.

12 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

I think suites get drink packs with their booking and the lounge exists as a place to sit and a place to get services from a concierge.  They will space restrict the venues.  

Are people ready for the reality of the new cruise experience on ships that are a lot less crowded?  Some may enjoy the slower pace and less crowded atmosphere, but for the mass market packing them in and having jam packed events is part of the cruise playbook.  I think a lot of people are going to be in for a rude shock when cruising returns and they are bored to tears after 2 days onboard. 

Bang on. And ships that are a lot less crowded means less revenue. The price of cruising (when it ever resumes) will be much higher for awhile to make up for it. 

I guess I did not answer the original question.  Yes, I would still stay in a suite, but we stay in Star Class suites so we would get the drink package, dining package and internet.  The lounge is a nice feature but we do not use it that much anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You should start another thread asking if kids should be allowed in CL/SL. It would be a very entertaining thread. 😇

M8

When we sail with our extended family of 8 adults and 4 kids (age 4-7) they are allowed in the DL, CL & SL as their all D+ and usually in a GS or above. They've all been cruising since they were babies...very well behaved and sit and enjoy the snacks (we love the overflow areas when available and are very aware of the seating situation). However they are usually in the kids club....a lot more fun for them. 

We did have one occasion on Radiance in the overflow area when just one of the babies was with us and was actually just sleeping in his stroller in the DL when a lady complained loudly and she was quickly told they were a D+ member ....she left quickly...many got a good laugh over this.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

When we booked our cruise it was KSF which it no longer is for some reason. I noticed the prices started to climb as soon as the FCC's started to get handed out. Royal knew they had captive customers......

And RCI needed to make sure that extra 25% on those FCCs get used up. They don't want any left over credit for subsequent cruises.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And RCI needed to make sure that extra 25% on those FCCs get used up. They don't want any left over credit for subsequent cruises.

Then why aren't they offering the option of left over credit be used as OBC ? 

13 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Yes & only once. Not worth it compared to MSC & NCL. I prefer YC over Haven. Both YC & Haven have butlers, private pools & spas with grill, restaurant & large sun deck. YC has the best lounges with panoramic views, piano player & violinist nightly, drinks, cocktails & specially coffee (made fresh for you & brought to you not the coffee machines you use to make your own that RCL have in their lounges). You can get specialty coffees & cocktails anywhere on ship 24/7. Entrance into their thermo suite included (dry hot salt room, thassalotherapy pool, the snow room, etc.)  RCL doesn’t come close to their offerings. 

Thanks for the info! Hopefully we can try it soon.

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

My original question is the future of CL/SL so how would you feel if when cruising returns there is no CL/SL due to social distancing.

Would you still book a Suite if this happens?

Yes. We rarely go to the suite lounge.

• Thanks 1

Royal Caribbean created a monster with their very successful Loyalty program. Numbers have grown and, while benefits have changed, it's still one of the best in the Industry. Like those of hotels and airlines a Loyalty program can change over time and many have. While it's not something most want to see this may be the time RCI makes some changes. 

While we've sailed mostly RCI we have also enjoyed cruises on both Celebrity and Azamara. For us it's now about where we go and RCI doesn't offer the itinerary variety that the others do. We're also treated very well on both Celebrity and Azamara and enjoy the perks of a matching status. Hoping that we get to sail again day! 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

9 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Then why aren't they offering the option of left over credit be used as OBC ? 

If there is any left over credit afer purchasing the cruise maybe RCI feels it is better to let it ride and hope it expires? If it is offered as OBC it will most likely get used. I really don't know the answer. But I am pretty sure RCI would like best for there to be no left over credit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zekekelso said:

Or the profits will be lower. The cruise lines can’t just charge whatever they want. 

First and foremost they better have a product that cruisers enjoy at a price they are willing to pay. I am pretty sure they are not going to have a flood of first timers who just can't wait to take their first cruise.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Royal Caribbean created a monster with their very successful Loyalty program. Numbers have grown and, while benefits have changed, it's still one of the best in the Industry. Like those of hotels and airlines a Loyalty program can change over time and many have. While it's not something most want to see this may be the time RCI makes some changes. 

While we've sailed mostly RCI we have also enjoyed cruises on both Celebrity and Azamara. For us it's now about where we go and RCI doesn't offer the itinerary variety that the others do. We're also treated very well on both Celebrity and Azamara and enjoy the perks of a matching status. Hoping that we get to sail again day! 

What changes do you think will happen?

Do you think there is any future for Suite Lounges?

A few posters have honestly replied saying they rarely use the SL when sailing in Suites and it is Pinnacles who take over the SL.

Should a new Loyalty Lounge be created and a seperate exclusive area for Suite passengers.

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

First and foremost they better have a product that cruisers enjoy at a price they are willing to pay. I am pretty sure they are not going to have a flood of first timers who just can't wait to take their first cruise.

+1.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

A few posters have honestly replied saying they rarely use the SL when sailing in Suites and it is Pinnacles who take over the SL.

Should a new Loyalty Lounge be created and a seperate exclusive area for Suite passengers.

On Oasis Class ships, they could turn the deck 4 DL into the Pinnacle Lounge. Or on Allure, until AMP, deck 11 DL could be Pinnacle Lounge. 

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I have a Fender Jazz American made 4 String Bass. 

I have two acoustics.... Yamaha 6 string and Takamine 12 string. My Mason & Hamlin grand is my real love but it, obviously, isn't very portable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

We are PC and also sail in Suites. We enjoy the lounge and Coastal Kitchen. I think there could be changes for CK as capacity may be limited due to Social Distancing. One change may be not allowing JS to book for dinner and limiting PC to a certain # of dinners per week.......which has been previously done on cruises with high PC count. I do think the SL will remain. 
I don't see any new lounges being created and, at this time, it would only be a guess as to what other changes RCI may make. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, airbusdrvr said:

I would say 50%+ of the P's I've spoken with book an inside cabin, they rarely complain about not enough freebies though. Is it true that HA has a dollar based loyalty program instead of a point(day) based program?

You ask people about their specific accommodations? Why do you care. 

I guess if they offer the information to you, that’s another story. But I’ve never gone up to anyone and said  “hi my name is  Xxxx   I am a XX level member of the crown and anchor program and I am in XX type of cabin. 

M

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have two acoustics.... Yamaha 6 string and Takamine 12 string. My Mason & Hamlin grand is my real love but it, obviously, isn't very portable.

Sounds like we have a 3 piece band. We could call ourselves, "The CruiZers". The more those in the DL drink the better we sound. At least the more I drink the better I think I play. 🤣 

• Like 2