If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Mr Gates has a big investment in Impossible Meat. 

From Beef Central

Mr Gates, who has invested in range of ‘synthetic meat’ startups including Impossible Foods, Beyond Meat, Memphis Meats and Hampton Creek Foods, 

So not only do people drink the kool-Aid, they eat the fake meat.

Real Meat

8782D904-187B-48AE-9B51-BE81033ECC4D.jpeg

I have seen the Impossible Meat on menus and never been tempted to order it or even to try it. It would take free samples for me to try it. But to each their own. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, James4me said:

I have a right to refuse.  This is just happening to fast and not enough time to know what long term effects are.  Until I hear they’re are no problems then I’ll rethink getting it.  Until then, my husband and I will rent an RV and travel the US and go see the beauty of our Country.  

First it was protect yourself, then protect others.  When those didn't get enough people to have a positive view of the vaxes, it changed to a concerted social pressure.  Fortunately, people still have a choice.  Why do people have to get so nasty?  You do you.; I'll do me.  RCCL will do RCCL; Carnival will do Carnival.  Assess your own risks; make your own choices; deal with the consequences of those choices.  I'd rather the cruise lines didn't mandate a medical procedure, but they are private businesses, and as long as its THEIR decision, I'm okay with that.

I will miss cruising.  But, like you, there's a lot of the US I haven't seen yet.  My grandfather visited 49 states before he passed, collecting and shaping rocks from each state into a beautiful map.  Darned Maine!  Cruises canceled so went to Mexico, the beach in TX, then FL, and heading to Dallas next.  So it's not all bad.  Our bucket list destinations simply now have US contingencies.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I have seen the Impossible Meat on menus and never been tempted to order it or even to try it. It would take free samples for me to try it. But to each their own. 

What I don't get is that they charge more for the fake stuff than real meat. Great way to win people over.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The folks that think he (Gates) is putting microchips in the vaccines or whatever have a few screws loose though. They are nut jobs. 

Just another excuse the anti-vaxxers use to make their stance valid.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

I apologize for jumping into the conversation but I've found that if someone is touting something they oftentimes have skin in the game. I figure animals have been turning plants into meat for thousands of years and that is good enough for me.😉

Love the spin you put on it. So very true, though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Just another fairy tale. You can have it.

Hmmmm.  Lots of wisdom in that book.  In fact, it's the basis of a lot of our western value system.  I'll keep mine, thanks.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

send them a copy of the good book, that'll convince them of the error of their ways

It's just sad the level of ignorance of some people.  The 10 Commandments are the basis of our judicial system.  Who knew?  Spare the rod and spoil the child...?  Yup.  Dont judge a man unless you've walked in his shoes...? Yup.  I can go on but I'm sure you get it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

send them a copy of the good book, that'll convince them of the error of their ways

This will provide a shock to the system....🤔😉https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+13%3A1-14&version=ESV

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What I don't get is that they charge more for the fake stuff than real meat. Great way to win people over.

Because it’s a trendy vanity item.

Every person that eats it spends the next 3 months bragging about it to their friends!

To put it in cruising terms, it’s like paying $800 to rent a small tent - sorry..cabana - on a private island. Most are not doing it for the shelter, they’re buying bragging rights for the next 3 years every time they talk about their cruise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Every person that eats it spends the next 3 months bragging about it to their friends!

To put it in cruising terms, it’s like paying $800 to rent a small tent - sorry..cabana - on a private island. Most are not doing it for the shelter, they’re buying bragging rights for the next 3 years every time they talk about their cruise.

Good explanation of why I have never rented one of those tents or eaten an impossible burger.🙂

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Same could be said for taking a cruise. 😆

1 hour ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

It's also because of it's production cost, since it takes more to turn plants into "meat" than it does to turn meat into meat.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Same with sugar free products. They can't use sugar as a cheap flavoring, so they charge more.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 7:57 AM, CILCIANRQTS said:

insert eye roll here

• Like 2

On 3/11/2021 at 7:57 AM, CILCIANRQTS said:

Most are not doing it for the shelter, they’re buying bragging rights for the next 3 years every time they talk about their cruise.

But no one ever boasts about only booking suites!  (yes, sarcasm intended)

• Like 3

On 2/28/2021 at 2:35 PM, molly361 said:

I never get a flu shot (or get the flu) and I certainly hope I don't have to get an annual COVID vaccine

So you're 'free riding' on all on us that do.  The flu is a very dangerous and potentially deadly disease only contained because of widespread vaccinations.

On topic, one dose in for both wife and I.  Look forward to a vaccine required policy for any cruise line we book.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 4

On 3/2/2021 at 6:06 PM, lizzius said:

By a factor of 4-5, but a flu vaccine reduces my kid's risk by 3-4x. So probably a little worse, but at best equivalent.

Not to disagree, but kids are widely vaccinated against flu, have also not been in school, are wearing masks and social distancing in pods.  The data is not comparable.  Covid is thankfully not killing kids, but the comparison is not clear at this point.  Hopefully after a pediatric vaccine we will have none.  Even one is one too many.

PS.  On the 'plants into meat' off topic, sub topic, I might note that plants actually turn dead meat into more plants (fertilizer is generally from hydrocarbons which were very old dead meat and plants into oil into fertilizer back into plants).  Its all solar energy to begin with anyway though.

Edited by Pizzasteve
  • Like 1