FCC Tracker

helen haywood

I've followed the threads on status/time line of refunds.  I had a couple of refunds.  But I'm interested in people waiting for FCC's.  I had a June 6, 2020 cruise cancelled by Celebrity mid April.  I decided to take an FCC on that cruise as it already had a couple of FCC's attached to it.  On July 4 I received the taxes/fees back.  I have not yet received an FCC for this cruise.  I also cancelled two cruises myself for late November and early December....cancelled those on June 18.  Those deposits were non-refundable and were to be returned as FCC's.  Haven't seen anything on that either.

If anyone has received an FCC could you post the length of time from either your request or the cruise being cancelled or the sail date and when you received it.  My experience with the refunds was I received them about a month after the sailing date.  A longer time period than when they were actually cancelled by Celebrity.

First cancellation was in late March for a mid-April Cruise and received the FCCs on May 11. 

On 6/25 we cancelled  2 cruises due to sail in October.  One had a NRD so we got a FCC.  DHs FCC Came on 7/20 but mine didn’t.  On 7/22 I contacted our TA who had received copies of the FCCs so she forwarded mine.  

If you booked with a TA check with them as they may have a copy of your FCCs.

40 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I had a July 19, 2020 cruise cancelled mid-May. Got the FCC June 25 and had my TA apply it to my scheduled Feb 2021 cruise. (Mine came directly to me, not to my TA.)

Got Taxes and Fees refunded last week.

To clarify my earlier response.  The FCCs for the 1st cruise and DHs for the second cruise cane direct to us but it turns out that our TA also got copies.  My latest FCC apparently went to cyberspace as it was processed and the TA got their copy.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jelayne said:

To clarify my earlier response.  The FCCs for the 1st cruise and DHs for the second cruise cane direct to us but it turns out that our TA also got copies.  My latest FCC apparently went to cyberspace as it was processed and the TA got their copy.  

Gotcha.

We were on the March 14th sailing on the Summit which was in the first round of cancelations.  We were notified on Friday night the 13th the sailing departing the next day had been canceled.  We received an email with our FCC information on May 1st, which was 49 total days.  I don't recall how long the refund of our taxes took. 

We received the email directly from Celebrity, but we did use a TA for that reservation.  Shortly after receiving the email from Celebrity we received an email from our TA (the company, not the agent we worked with) encouraging us to use our FCC with them to book something new.  There was no specific's in the TA email about the FCC.

It had been 90 days and we had heard nothing on our FCC. Taxes and port charges had been already been refunded.

I called and they said there was a "problem" and they would call me back never did. I think our FCC was lost in cyber space. Next day got an email with the FCC numbers. I would call, don't wait for them.

We have been dealing with getting our FCC for over 4 months. We cancelled a March 28th Summit cruise on March 11, just 2 days before Celebrity cancelled all spring sailings. This cruise was a transferred booking from an onboard reservation so I had to deal directly with Celebrity, not a travel agent. I was told by the Celebrity agent that all airfare, taxes and paid excursions would be refund to us while the rest of the cruise fare would be put on a Future Cruise credit. We received our refunds on April 6th, though it came in about 5 different chunks and I had a hard time figuring what was for what and it appeared we received more money that we were owed. I assumed it would all even out in the end, once we received our FCC.

I waited until the end of May to contact Celebrity as I still had not received my FCC. I talked with an agent that I could barely hear due to phone issues on their end (a common occurrence, I was to later find out). I think she said wait another 2 weeks. I then waited until July 3 to call again; the agent was very nice (and I could actually hear and understand everything she said) and she said that she would make a special note of this to see why it was taking so long. I was ready to book B2B cruises last week and was hesitant to put another $1800 in deposits when I had almost that amount coming in a FCC so my travel agent tried to intervene but had no luck. To make a long story short, I contacted Celebrity another 3 times in the last 2 days and finally have the FCC numbers for my travel agent so that I could book my 2 cruises, still having to pay the taxes for the cruise upfront, though less than the original deposits.

All in all, I probably spent at least 6-7 hours on the phone with Celebrity. I wonder if I would still be waiting for our FCC if I hadn't called and said that I needed to know how much I would be getting and that I was booking 2 more cruises today. It only took 138 days to get the information!

Thanks for all the replies.  I called my TA a while back and was given the “whenever I call Celebrity they tell me they are working but to expect 90 days or so...” response.  I’m not interested in booking anything at this point.  I just wondered what others’ experiences had been.

We cancelled our May 2nd cruise in mid March. Got the partial refund, taxes, port fees refunded late April. Got the FCC last week. I contacted our TA and asked if she had heard anything. She called X and requested to speak to a supervisor who assured her we would get our FCC "within 24 hours". We did.

Guess starting this thread was a charm.  Got the two FCCs from the June 6, 2020 cruise.  That one was mainly funded by two other FCCs from a canceled January 31, 2020 cruise and had an expiration date on them that has now passed.  I’m assuming those FCCs have a new expiration date same as the ones I just received.

• Like 1