Live from the first cruise in the Pandemic

Germancruiser

I remember- the Spa Cafe- yeah I saw those smoothies. Argh! The only thing I did not like of this wonderful juice bar ( fresh made from fresh fruits) was the location. In the atrium- inside- no view. I do not like bars and lounges which are located indoors, without windows at all. Ship for me means- see the sea- feel the sea....!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

I remember- the Spa Cafe- yeah I saw those smoothies. Argh! The only thing I did not like of this wonderful juice bar ( fresh made from fresh fruits) was the location. In the atrium- inside- no view. I do not like bars and lounges which are located indoors, without windows at all. Ship for me means- see the sea- feel the sea....!

You mean the location on TUI?

The Spa Cafe on X offers great views.

That´s the one on Edge... hard to resist 🙂

IMG_6500.thumb.JPG.8bd9bf88cb57e7ccafd51189c1afdad7.JPG

IMG_E6501.thumb.JPG.8dfe64eb5beef5d050b319da0e0ceded.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise Germancruiser!  It was a pleasure to read about and see photos of a cruise.  Here's hoping our TA from Rome to Tampa next October will happen (and that we are allowed into Italy to board the ship).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jazzbo said:

Thank you so much for sharing your cruise Germancruiser!  It was a pleasure to read about and see photos of a cruise.  Here's hoping our TA from Rome to Tampa next October will happen (and that we are allowed into Italy to board the ship).

I cross fingers for you TA next October- thats over a year! I have nothing booked for 2021. For that I wait and see- if all is booked by the time one can book safley - well so be it. LOL.

6 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Thanks for posting the photos! It looks very nice.

I would book a cruise on Mein Schiff 2, if I had the opportunity. 😊

Thanks a lot. I would also go again without hestiation. I hope they are doing similar cruises in the fall.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

I have nothing booked for 2021.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and answer so many questions. Much appreciated.

My 1st cousin lives in Neu Isenburg, and this summer is the first I'm not visiting her....

We had a cruise booked together for next month, but cancelled it before final payment.

We have another which we shifted from April to May 2021, and then decided that May 2021 may be too early, so shifted it again to September 18th, 2021. Hopefully by then cruising will be back... It is on Apex, with an amazing itinerary.

May be worth it for you to book it with a refundable deposit???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

May be worth it for you to book it with a refundable deposit???

No such thing in Germany 😥 Never has been. Except for the current CWC program there is hardly any flexibility in bookings in Germany. 

29 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

No such thing in Germany 😥 Never has been. Except for the current CWC program there is hardly any flexibility in bookings in Germany. 

My cousin, who lives in Germany, is booking with a US based TA, same as us.

Might be worth considering this option?😁

42 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

My cousin, who lives in Germany, is booking with a US based TA, same as us.

Might be worth considering this option?😁

It all has advantages and disadvantages.

Recently, when cruises were cancelled by the cruise line, there are advantages since we were covered by EU consumer protection laws. Celebrity had to refund any cost of flights, hotels etc. I couldn’t cancel for free.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

So no bad news from these cruises yet, great news, hope it stays that way!

Thats what I alway think- hopefully it stay´s that way. Others- like Hurtigruten has troubles and had to shut down again. The problem is that they take on passengers on and off the Norwegian Fjords and the like.

For the time beeing it seems to be cruises to " nowhere"- or " blue cruises" as TUI calls them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Germancruiser said:

Thats what I alway think- hopefully it stay´s that way. Others- like Hurtigruten has troubles and had to shut down again. The problem is that they take on passengers on and off the Norwegian Fjords and the like.

The affected Hurtigruten cruise was an expedition cruise ship which did two 7 night round-trips to Svalbard out of Tromso. It was not the regular post ship route (Bergen - Kirkenes - Bergen). So no "hop on, hop off" - the post ship route is still running (where you can board in every port or disembark). Only the expedition cruises have been cancelled.

steamboats

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

HI Preziosa- i am not on you cruise. I booked another " Blue Journey" on board MS 1- also Kiel- Stockholm ( no excursions) - Kiel. A 7 night cruise! I suppose you are also on board MS1- would love to hear from your experience.

@Germancruiser - am I reading your post correctly?

Have you booked another cruise & if there is another cruise booked - will you do a review again?

33 minutes ago, Von & John said:

@Germancruiser - am I reading your post correctly?

Have you booked another cruise & if there is another cruise booked - will you do a review again?

Yes I have- I could not resist- I so enjoyed my 4 night cruise to nowhere and as all my other booked cruises this year went down the drain I booked another one, now they call them Blue Journey- Scenic cruises. The Fjords of Norway in Indian Sumer!

I am planing on doing a " Live from .." again. This way all my experiences are fresh in the old noodle.

I reread my other " Live from "( the first I ever did)  when I came back- bollocks what a lot of spelling errors or typos I made. I am almost ashamed- I try to do better the next time. LOL.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

Yes I have- I could not resist- I so enjoyed my 4 night cruise to nowhere and as all my other booked cruises this year went down the drain I booked another one, now they call them Blue Journey- Scenic cruises. The Fjords of Norway in Indian Sumer!

I am planing on doing a " Live from .." again. This way all my experiences are fresh in the old noodle.

I reread my other " Live from "( the first I ever did)  when I came back- bollocks what a lot of spelling errors or typos I made. I am almost ashamed- I try to do better the next time. LOL.

We truly enjoyed your first review and look forward to your next adventure. 😊

• Like 5