Live from the first cruise in the Pandemic

Germancruiser

11 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Yes I have- I could not resist- I so enjoyed my 4 night cruise to nowhere and as all my other booked cruises this year went down the drain I booked another one, now they call them Blue Journey- Scenic cruises. The Fjords of Norway in Indian Sumer!

I am planing on doing a " Live from .." again. This way all my experiences are fresh in the old noodle.

I reread my other " Live from "( the first I ever did)  when I came back- bollocks what a lot of spelling errors or typos I made. I am almost ashamed- I try to do better the next time. LOL.

You are too modest!  I thought all your comments were very well written, and enjoyable and informative as well. Please keep up the good work!  You are giving us hope that we, too, will sail again one day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Also because of the positive impressions conveyed by Germancruiser, we also booked one of the cruises to somewhere. However, we chose the warmer region Greece.

We will, of course, also report from our cruise.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Yes I have- I could not resist- I so enjoyed my 4 night cruise to nowhere and as all my other booked cruises this year went down the drain I booked another one, now they call them Blue Journey- Scenic cruises. The Fjords of Norway in Indian Sumer!

I am planing on doing a " Live from .." again. This way all my experiences are fresh in the old noodle.

I reread my other " Live from "( the first I ever did)  when I came back- bollocks what a lot of spelling errors or typos I made. I am almost ashamed- I try to do better the next time. LOL.

Looking forward to "cruising with you..."

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 4:12 PM, Germancruiser said:

I cross fingers for you TA next October- thats over a year! I have nothing booked for 2021. For that I wait and see- if all is booked by the time one can book safley - well so be it. LOL.

Thanks a lot. I would also go again without hestiation. I hope they are doing similar cruises in the fall.

Curious if there was any problems with people not agreeing to wearing there mask?  Here in the US if more people agreed to wear a mask, & wear it properly, we could have a big change in controlling the virus plus people out in large groups mostly without masks on. In San Francisco a lot of the younger generation, teenagers, don’t seem to care. Very discouraging for us who are doing our part. 

Thanks for your reports & photos. 

Tom😀

• Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 7:56 AM, Miaminice said:

Masks:

I can answer the question about masks by posting a translation of the onboard policy:

In addition, we temporarily adjust all processes in the guest and crew area to comply with distance and hygiene rules. All guests and crew members are required to keep a mutual safety distance of at least 1.5 meters in the public areas of the ship.

Wherever this distance cannot be maintained, we ask to wear a mouth-nose mask for mutual protection. This applies, for example, to elevators, stairwells and cabin corridors.

In some cases you will also find structural changes such as plexiglass displays or marked walkways.

There´s also a video about the first cruise on the cruise lines website. While you might not undertstand much of the narration, I think the images explain and underline a few things I am sure Germancruiser will write about.

https://www.tuicruises.com/blauereisen

Is there a way to translate the site into English?

Thanks for the information. 

Tom😀

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Curious if there was any problems with people not agreeing to wearing there mask?  Here in the US if more people agreed to wear a mask, & wear it properly, we could have a big change in controlling the virus plus people out in large groups mostly without masks on. In San Francisco a lot of the younger generation, teenagers, don’t seem to care. Very discouraging for us who are doing our part. 

Thanks for your reports & photos. 

Tom😀

On board the MS2 on my blue journey there seemed to be no problems with people not wearing mask. When the congreation up on deck- while watching the " Fleetmeeting" with 4 other ships of TUI - built up- security walked the decks and reminded passengers to please wear their masks because of the many people now joining in for the " Fleetmeet"!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

On board the MS2 on my blue journey there seemed to be no problems with people not wearing mask. When the congreation up on deck- while watching the " Fleetmeeting" with 4 other ships of TUI - built up- security walked the decks and reminded passengers to please wear their masks because of the many people now joining in for the " Fleetmeet"!

Thank you very much. 

Tom😎

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

Is there a way to translate the site into English?

Thanks for the information. 

Tom😀

Some browsers have a translation setting. Otherwise copy/paste into google translate.

On 8/6/2020 at 9:00 PM, Germancruiser said:

I remember- the Spa Cafe- yeah I saw those smoothies. Argh! The only thing I did not like of this wonderful juice bar ( fresh made from fresh fruits) was the location. In the atrium- inside- no view. I do not like bars and lounges which are located indoors, without windows at all. Ship for me means- see the sea- feel the sea....!

I do feel the sea after a night of imbibing... LOL

If I close my eyes or open them at any point during the drinking session, I would be able to see the sea, too... LOL

bon voyage

• Haha 2

On 8/7/2020 at 7:12 PM, Germancruiser said:

I cross fingers for you TA next October- thats over a year! I have nothing booked for 2021. For that I wait and see- if all is booked by the time one can book safley - well so be it. LOL.

Thanks a lot. I would also go again without hestiation. I hope they are doing similar cruises in the fall.

Can we share a cabin?? LOL

Any suites available?

Thanks for your review...

bon voyage

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2020 at 9:45 PM, Germancruiser said:

If you are willing to smuggle me aboard, I can proof-read before you send!

LOL  😎

bon voyage

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

@Miaminice- oh dear- i really do hope you like your Greek Islands Voyage on board MS6. Otherwise I expect you to come to Ulm and give me a right set down. LOL. No I am almost sure you will like it

We have no doubts! Mein Schiffs are beautiful and we love the S class like design.

We also know that TUI offer good quality. We’ll get passed the point of an all German cruise. It’s either that or no cruise 😁 

We never had a bad cruise or a bad vacation. And this will not be the first one!

• Like 2

On 8/19/2020 at 9:45 PM, Germancruiser said:

Don't worry about spelling errors and typos.  If I were posting in a language not my first one, I'm sure I'd make a lot too.  Glad you're sharing your adventures with us!  Those of us in dry dock appreciate hearing from you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Don't worry about spelling errors and typos.  If I were posting in a language not my first one, I'm sure I'd make a lot too.  Glad you're sharing your adventures with us!  Those of us in dry dock appreciate hearing from you.

Happy Cruiser- thanks a lot. I like the dry dock comment- great to keep in good humor. I was in " dry dock" for more than a year- so when TUI came up with the cruises to nowhere- I thought i might try an all German ship.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'm looking forward to following both Miaminice and Germancruiser as you both set out on your upcoming cruises!!!  Have a wonderful time, and stay safe!

I also look so forward to Miaminice´s experience and how they " feel" this new cruise experience.

Before we go we have to get tested. The price for the test is included in the cruise fare! So I am the first in my family to get tested. LOL,

• Like 2

A friend just sent me a video of the very cabin I booked- I knew the cabin had a huge balcony- but looking at the video- I can´t wait to board. It might be a bit cool in the Fjords in October - but nice to have- LOL.

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Germancruiser said:

A friend just sent me a video of the very cabin I booked- I knew the cabin had a huge balcony- but looking at the video- I can´t wait to board. It might be a bit cool in the Fjords in October - but nice to have- LOL.

WOW!  That stateroom looks amazing ...the wrap around balcony. 

You are going to have great views of the Fjords!

2 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Everything looks fantastic

I would suggest requesting blankets for your balcony - so you can enjoy the amazing views...