The Daily for Wednesday Jul 29, 2020

richwmn

4 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I could be wrong! I was wondering about how many try’s before Roy tells us?

Denise😊

First come first served but I won't spill the beans until erewhon posts.

Roy

Good morning, all, and thank you, Rich, for the Daily.  Interesting - we are going to have chicken tonight.    Thinking of those on the Care List, and Roy, we thought of you last night when we watched a CTV special on 9/11 in Gander and the making of "Come From Away".   I knew they had a piece of the twin towers, and I though it was IN the museum, but evidently it is a 20 foot girder, and it is a large memorial outside.  Next time we are in Gander we'll have to go and see it!

The deer came by and ate the daylily flowers outside the courtyard, but she has not yet come into the courtyard, so I do have Chicago Apache and another still blooming.  She ate my sedum in the Spring, right down to the ground, so I moved it inside the courtyard where it is very happy. (I think it is "Autumn Joy" so not blooming yet).  I have not seen her recently, but my neighbour has, and says she has twins, so I guess she needs the nourishment..

IMG_5035.thumb.jpeg.1a20239e6132652ec4c494565f805f27.jpeg

IMG_5058.thumb.jpeg.3087ac5fbd677f19a92fb71cc4ae7902.jpeg

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

That sounds like a hint - New Zealand somewhere?

No, that wasn't a hint; it is in the Western Hemisphere but erewhon is probably still asleep.

I was thinking the WTC piece was in the museum and should have known better although I think it's a lot less than 20 feet.  I've heard this dialogue so many times:

Janice (news reporter): "The donation we are most honored just arrived today"

Oz (town constable): "It's about 4 meters long and weighs 1200 kilograms"

In just 3 weeks I should have been starting a string of cruises that would take me back to Newfoundland.

Roy

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

No, that wasn't a hint; it is in the Western Hemisphere but erewhon is probably still asleep.

8 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Got it!!’

Is this the port in Auckland?

I will have to go back to my photos!

Denise👍

Almost half a world away.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Ireland?

I thought this would be easier on the HAL forum than it was on the Crystal forum.  Half a world away (more or probably less) from New Zealand.

BTW, I'm off to the dentist soon.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Far more difficult than I would have guessed.

Roy

Well I guess the Daily-ites are far more interested in wine 🥂, food, 🦞cartoons🤪, prayers🙏, flowers 🌺and where the dam ships 🚢 are!

Roy you could be better at dropping some hints to those of us who are at least trying..

• Like 1

Late to the thread today but still in time to thank Rich for hosting this friendly place.  We are having chicken burgers for dinner.   I never check out wine as it would a lost cause for us.  Roy, I think it is a west coast port but I am not too familiar with them.  Ann, your lilies are beautiful and the sedum looks like broccoli.   
okay, taking a stab - Alaska, but not sure which port as I have only been but once.

Edited by gigianne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I was thinking the WTC piece was in the museum and should have known better although I think it's a lot less than 20 feet.  I've heard this dialogue so many times:

Janice (news reporter): "The donation we are most honored just arrived today"

Oz (town constable): "It's about 4 meters long and weighs 1200 kilograms"

In just 3 weeks I should have been starting a string of cruises that would take me back to Newfoundland.

Roy

St. John's was on our itinerary for August, too!

• Like 2

Thank you for the daily Rich.

I love to see the white tigers at the Mirage when we go to Vegas.  Gosh, I miss Las Vegas.  I got a coupon from Buffalo Wild Wings last night and told my husband how much I've craving them, well there you go....  wings in my future.  Now lasagna, every time I ask my husband what he wants for dinner he says "Lasagna Bolongese", to which I always say "too much trouble, takes me 2 days to make", so I really try not to ask that question too often.  Not having baked boneless chicken but we are having baked boneless pork chops....  with a sauce of course, and wine.

Roy, I was so surprised when you said your photo was Anchorage.  It really looked like somewhere in Mexico that I had been, like Acapulco, Encenada, Mazatlan, etc.  All those parking garages. 

Loved all the garden photos today.  Loved all the sunrise/sunset photos too.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Roy, I was so surprised when you said your photo was Anchorage.  It really looked like somewhere in Mexico that I had been, like Acapulco, Encenada, Mazatlan, etc.  All those parking garages. 

Sharon, right? I thought Mexico as well. That was my first guess.. 

• Like 3