Do Princess monitor these posts?? I hope so!!

emmas gran

I have been trying to contact Princess UK since the sent notification of our cancelled cruise 2 weeks ago. This morning I had the best success on hold for 17 minutes and then whoever picked up hung up. UK office was supposedly open yesterday -not according to answerphone closed.

Every time I call there is this monotone voice saying lines are busy and hangs up

It is not just a refund we want we need to discuss matter this further. I have also filled in the form online for a cruise planner to ring me -still waiting.

Sorry I'm venting 

Liz

We eventually received our refund over 100 days post requesting it, when Princess cancelled our March cruise. During this time, I had phoned several times to find updates...both with Princess and the Travel Agent it had been booked with.  Several of the clerks were absolutely clueless, promised immediate action which never happened. Princess did agree to speak to me even though it was booked with an agent.

I spent long periods waiting for replies each time I phoned. Had the same replies as you mentioned when I phoned first thing in the morning, as it seemed that many people were trying the first come, first answered. I found shorter waits about 2pm. Occasionally left it till 4pm, then ended up holding till the office closed and I was cut off. Friends finally got through at 10 am...so I think it all depends who is phoning at the time you phone..

What I found frustrating was that people who had been due to travel / had cruises cancelled after us reported receiving their refunds before us.

Good luck !

2 hours ago, emmas gran said:

I have been trying to contact Princess UK since the sent notification of our cancelled cruise 2 weeks ago. This morning I had the best success on hold for 17 minutes and then whoever picked up hung up. UK office was supposedly open yesterday -not according to answerphone closed.

Every time I call there is this monotone voice saying lines are busy and hangs up

It is not just a refund we want we need to discuss matter this further. I have also filled in the form online for a cruise planner to ring me -still waiting.

Sorry I'm venting 

Liz

I got through after several 25 min waits; the thing is they are SO nice and SO helpful once you do get through!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Reina del Mar said:

We eventually received our refund over 100 days post requesting it, when Princess cancelled our March cruise. During this time, I had phoned several times to find updates...both with Princess and the Travel Agent it had been booked with.

Our refund came in just over 80 days from the date of cancellation. We never called or emailed Princess, knowing it would just slow things down.

• Like 2

Princess had much to do after cruises were cancelled in March.  

I received my refund after a long wait.  I did not call, and I never complained.  I never pestered them,.  My refund eventually came through, as I knew it would.

Be patient. It's all good.

No worries!  Hapuna Matata!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cruiserkenn said:

Princess had much to do after cruises were cancelled in March.  

I received my refund after a long wait.  I did not call, and I never complained.  I never pestered them,.  My refund eventually came through, as I knew it would.

Be patient. It's all good.

No worries!  Hapuna Matata!

Oooh, I should have said:  Hakuna Matata!  Sorry to Timon and Pumba!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

They want an answer by end of August if we are cancelling, but I have other questions before making that decision.

Things are different this side of the pond!!

Part of the problem is that the staff are handling both P&O and Princess phone calls.