Ya a yaba do FCC

Bin man

32 minutes ago, Bin man said:

FCC now showing on my account all £62.50 from my £50 original deposit booked onboard 2 years ago .Guess the wifes will show under her number 

4 minutes ago, Bin man said:

Hi Jean took it 12th June for my September cruise Azura cancelled by P and O .Tried to do a dummy booking working on both our numbers so looking good for the future . 

Hi Bin Man, which bit of the P&O web site did you use to login?  The 'Manage Booking' bit where you use the booking ref or the part that wants your email address?  Not come across any bit that works using my account number (begins with a letter F).

Did P&O send you an email confiming your FCC's?  How many days/weeks after they cancelled the cruise?

Hi no nothing from p and o . I log onto the p and o site with my log on details go to do a new booking and its on top of the page in blue as I book a select price just accept cabin fill in names etc and you can check the price on a drop down price and see both discounts coming off price once you have done that the drop down shows zero fcc as I would have used it hope that makes sense 

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

FCC now showing on my account all £62.50 from my £50 original deposit booked onboard 2 years ago .Guess the wifes will show under her number 

I have one from April that is still not showing on my account.

I just see this

If you are expecting to see Future Cruise Credit applied to your account, we are currently working through adding this to your My Account number over the coming weeks. Please try again later

Edited by bee-ess

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

I have one from April that is still not showing on my account.

I just see this

If you are expecting to see Future Cruise Credit applied to your account, we are currently working through adding this to your My Account number over the coming weeks. Please try again later

55 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes that's what I get.

You're lucky I never got that far, when I get to the choose cabin page I get a message saying an error has occurred and I need to ring them.

Actually I have repeatedly had that most of this year.

Well we hung onto last minute to pay balance our TA gave me an extra 2 weeks right upto the p and o last date for paying .P and O cancelled on the Thursday .We were due to pay on the following Monday .That was early June for September cruise.My TA gave me the advise as she thought P and O may cancel and she wanted me to have the £100 deposit back .We initially booked onboard £50 each  and transfered booking to TA. I just left it with P and O and as I posted got 125 % yesterday when I loged onto the P and O site and do a dummy booking shows as £125 for both of us hope this helps 

3 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi I. Have been emailed to saythat125%fcc does not apply to deposits  paid and are only applicable  when the full balance has been paid can anyone shed some light 

Don't know who emailed you but the 125% applies to all monies paid whether it be a deposit or full balance, that is of course if P&O cancelled your cruise and you did not cancel it yourself!

4 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi I. Have been emailed to saythat125%fcc does not apply to deposits  paid and are only applicable  when the full balance has been paid can anyone shed some light 

Who e-mailed you lindyloo, P&O or your TA?

2 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi thanks for  replying that s what I thought that  particular  cruises with Cunard and is their policy  the same?

This was taken from Cunards website so yes, their policy is the same for FCC

If your booking has been impacted by this announcement, we are sorry for any disappointment this may cause you. We’ll be crediting your guest account with a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on monies paid to date on your booking, which you may redeem against any voyage on sale now or on any new voyage that we introduce in the future. You have up until 31 December 2021 to make your booking.

Both TA first then cunard we  thought

the TA was trying to scam us where should I go next ATOL will try toGood Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

I just want to clarify the additional 25% FCC is only applicable when it is on the full balance. As you had paid the deposit only there is no option for a 125% of the deposit.

Therefor I can see your deposit paid has been transferred over to your new booking.

I hope this has clarified the terms and conditions for you.

Kind regards

Kerry
Guest Services

Cunard Line

attach the email from them 

Both TA first then cunard we  thought

the TA was trying to scam us where should I go next ATOL will try toGood Afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

I just want to clarify the additional 25% FCC is only applicable when it is on the full balance. As you had paid the deposit only there is no option for a 125% of the deposit.

Therefor I can see your deposit paid has been transferred over to your new booking.

I hope this has clarified the terms and conditions for you.

Kind regards

Kerry
Guest Services

Cunard Line

attach the email from them 

Did you move your deposit to new booking before Cunard cancelled the cruise? If so, you only get 100% and their explanation is poor.

If the cruise had already been cancelled then you’re entitled to 125% of monies paid and received by Cunard. In which case the email is wrong.

i am assuming you’ve booked in the UK as non UK terms differ.

Hi yes put down deposit on new cruise booked from uk with our snow house travel agents but have only been allocated our amount paid who do you think I should contact ATOL? Thank for the reply

It’s all very confusing, isn’t it? There are 3 different scenarios;

1) In the majority of cases, P&O didn’t cancel cruises until after the final balances had been paid. In this case the 125% FCC applied to the value of the full payment.

2) Many of us chose not to pay the final balance when the balance due date arrived (at that stage the cruise hadn't been cancelled) and moved the deposit as FCC into our accounts (some applied it immediately to a new cruise, but we didn’t do that as we didn’t know when we would cruise again). Not doing this would have meant forfeiture of the deposit, so there was nothing to lose. In these cases, 100% of the deposit was converted to FCC, not 125%. 

3) In a small proportion of cases, P&O cancelled the cruise before the balance due date. In these instances, customers would receive 125% FCC on the monies paid at that point (I.e. the deposit)

I don’t know which of the above scenarios applies to you to know whether you have a justified complaint.

Hi and thank you for your reply our reply and our scenario is no 3 I just cannot understand why our TA is taking this stance it's not a huge amount of money but the principal it was cancelled  before balance was paid can you advise what I should do next have contacting  our TA numerous times but will not return our calls or emails scince 16 June 20

1 hour ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi and thank you for your reply our reply and our scenario is no 3 I just cannot understand why our TA is taking this stance it's not a huge amount of money but the principal it was cancelled  before balance was paid can you advise what I should do next have contacting  our TA numerous times but will not return our calls or emails scince 16 June 20

Thanks for clarifying. Two issues spring to mind. The first issue will be whether or not the TA passed on your deposit to P&O, which they should have done unless your deposit was only paid a very short time before the cruise was cancelled. If they did, you should be able to call P&O and they will confirm the 125% FCC, so you can cut out the TA completely. It may be that your TA incorrectly registered your booking as a cancellation, hence why they are saying you only have 100%. In either event, P&O should be able to help you if the TA is being unhelpful. 

Edited by Selbourne