Princess cruises this season

9 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Why would Australia need 15 billion doses? 

I think the aim is to produce 25 million doses locally, and they would be rolled out to seniors and anyone else in the high risk category first.

I think it’s 15 billion world wide ,a couple each.

lf it’s 15 billion in Australia, I hope you like needles LOL.

Hay , what about the kiwis . We will need to make vaccines for them .

We are also looking at flights to Europe next March for the river cruise. Currently qantas has frequent flyer availability in late March. Would I be best to grab these seats or wait for confirmation of the cruise going a head?

i am worried that the airlines will suddenly up the price of flights and availability will plummet if they announce the opening of boarders to Europe from Australia. 

China Eastern still has not refunded money for flights this year done via a travel agent.

4 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I think just the logistics of making, packaging, and distribution of a vaccine across australia will be a major task.... let alone actually giving to everybody ......

Cheers Don 

And as for the anti vaxers, force them to have it, like mask wearing enforcement in Victoria.  Force the anti vaxers down and stick the needle in, like a prisoner who refuses to have their fingerprints taken and a magistrate authorises the prints be taken by force if necessary, in NSW that is.

Edited by NSWP

28 minutes ago, Esilef said:

We are also looking at flights to Europe next March for the river cruise. Currently qantas has frequent flyer availability in late March. Would I be best to grab these seats or wait for confirmation of the cruise going a head?

i am worried that the airlines will suddenly up the price of flights and availability will plummet if they announce the opening of boarders to Europe from Australia. 

China Eastern still has not refunded money for flights this year done via a travel agent.

As long as Qantas aren't demanding a penalty if you have to cancel the flights I'd go for the reward seats. 

23 minutes ago, NSWP said:

And as for the anti vaxers, force them to have it, like mask wearing enforcement in Victoria.  Force the anti vaxers down and stick the needle in, like a prisoner who refuses to have their fingerprints taken and a magistrate authorises the prints be taken by force if necessary, in NSW that is.

No, no, no. You can't do that. 

If they refuse the vaccine they must immediately self isolate (with regular checks they are complying) until the pandemic is over. If they are receiving any benefits - jobseeker, pensions etc - those stop immediately.

If they disobey the self isolation ruling then they go straight into a secure quarantine environment like Christmas Island.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

I think just the logistics of making, packaging, and distribution of a vaccine across australia will be a major task.... let alone actually giving to everybody ......

Cheers Don 

They do it every year with the flu vaccine.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If they refuse the vaccine they must immediately self isolate (with regular checks they are complying) until the pandemic is over. If they are receiving any benefits - jobseeker, pensions etc - those stop immediately.

If they disobey the self isolation ruling then they go straight into a secure quarantine environment like Christmas Island.

I like that idea. Don't waste the vaccine on them.

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

No, no, no. You can't do that. 

Totally agree, bread and water diet until the idiots cave in.  To be success we need 100% compliance, other countries will get that, we won't because we won't enforce it properly.

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Totally agree, bread and water diet until the idiots cave in.  To be success we need 100% compliance, other countries will get that, we won't because we won't enforce it properly.

I’m sure Pete Evans can develop a lovely food and water, paleo cuisine for all his vaxxer mates.

That is, if he is not too busy winning the Nobel Prize for Medicine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Why would Australia need 15 billion doses? 

I think the aim is to produce 25 million doses locally, and they would be rolled out to seniors and anyone else in the high risk category first.

15 billion is what is required for worldwide immunisation. No use just one country going it alone. Health care workers and other frontline staff would be first. Next would be the most vulnerable.

10 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I’m sure Pete Evans can develop a lovely food and water, paleo cuisine for all his vaxxer mates.

That is, if he is not too busy winning the Nobel Prize for Medicine.

He could run the catering section of the quarantine centre.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Not everybody gets the flu vaccine due to many factors, cost being one.

this year the govt made available, free (over 65, some significant pre-existing conditions, etc.) or subsidised, approx 16 million doses of flu vaccine.

Manu qualify for free shots, but there are some who are challenged to find the $20.

Quite a few never got the flu before, so why worry?

Leaving aside the Vaxxers, the biggest worry is countries where the cost of health services is not seen as a government issue.  This has been shown up in a number of rich and poor countries where Covid testing, let alone treatment, drew a high price. Immunisation could fall into the same basket.

Edited by Docker123

3 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

this year the govt made available, free or subsidised, approx 16 million doses of flu vaccine.

Manu qualify for free shots, but there are some who are challenged to find the $20.

Quite a few never got the flu before, so why worry?

I don't think there would be many in Australia who would be challenged to find $20 for a flu shot Adrian.  Over 60's got it free, not means tested and surely those on Centrelink etc got a free jab? They get everything else. $20, buys half a pack of smokes or 3 schooners of beer.

Edited by NSWP

15 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I don't think there would be many in Australia who would be challenged to find $20 for a flu shot Adrian.  Over 60's got it free, not means tested and surely those on Centrelink etc got a free jab? They get everything else. $20, buys half a pack of smokes or 3 schooners of beer.

There were quite a few people on the old Newstart who couldn't afford to eat, let alone smoke, drink beer or get a flu shot.

But ScoMo is saying the Covod-19 vaccine will be free so they can't use that excuse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There were quite a few people on the old Newstart who couldn't afford to eat, let alone smoke, drink beer or get a flu shot.

But ScoMo is saying the Covod-19 vaccine will be free so they can't use that excuse.

And certainly could not afford a nice Spanish Paella at Encasa, Lane Cove !!

dd85fec1f306c5bec5d05aea4316cc8f_1570131578.jpg

Edited by NSWP

29 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Interesting news —

The British company developing the drug has said that no deal has actual been done. A letter of intent, but no specifics of costs, number of doses, delivery dates, or capacity to manufacture.  CSL has also said they are unsure of their ability to manufacture the drug in Australia I the timeframe or quantities.

46 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Interesting news —

The British company developing the drug has said that no deal has actual been done. A letter of intent, but no specifics of costs, number of doses, delivery dates, or capacity to manufacture.  CSL has also said they are unsure of their ability to manufacture the drug in Australia I the timeframe or quantities.

Honestly ... believe somebody from marketing.......    All good things take time......

Getting onto G&T time    Don

Oh the anti vaxxers.........we could quarantine them all with someone with coronavirus and refuse to treat them with these “modern medicines”. They could then hope Pete evens paleo diet will save them. 

At least if bill gates is running the vaccine and everyone is being microchipped with 5G,  them we will be able to track them when they escape their 5 star but socially acceptable quarantine. kale smoothie anyone

Edited by Esilef
  • Like 1

vaxxers rejoice.

It won’t be mandatory anymore.

Vaccination will now be encouraged.

Speaking to 3AW’s Neil Mitchell this morning, he said it needed to be administered to about 95 per cent of the population to be effective.

“I would expect it to be as mandatory as you can possibly make it,” he told the radio host.

But now Mr Morrison has explained on 2GB that the vaccination won’t be compulsory, though it will be “encouraged”.

“There’s been a bit of an overreaction to any suggestion of this, there will be no compulsory vaccine,” he said.