Where was I?

5 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Having seen the answer I'm guessing I will see it when we get to Melbourne in early February 2022.

Quite an interesting lane to visit in Melbourne Lyle. It's only a couple of hundred metres walk from Flinders Street Station and opposite Federation Square.

Leigh

Edited by possum52

Just now, possum52 said:

Quite an interesting lane to visit in Melbourne Lyle. 

Leigh

Some Graffiti (street art) is amazing but much of it is just Vandalism. 

I really hope I get one of these soon, I have found an interesting image to post. I must pay more attention to the game

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

Some Graffiti (street art) is amazing but much of it is just Vandalism. 

I really hope I get one of these soon, I have found an interesting image to post. I must pay more attention to the game

There is some amazing street art in the Melbourne Laneways, though there are some that make you go really is that art😳? Art is really in the eye of the beholder and I guess the dealers who put a monetary value on it😜

2 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Never been there......  very rarely go into the CBD......  oh it is over 5km away LOL    well more like 15km...

Must go into the big smoke one day........   Don..

Perhaps in a few weeks Don. Way outside our 5 km limit, about 6 times!

Leigh

16 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Having seen the answer I'm guessing I will see it when we get to Melbourne in early February 2022.

Hosier Lane is a great, and sometimes contentious, outdoor gallery. It has been endorsed by the Melbourne City Council. Early this year it was attacked by street artists who objected it to becoming a tourist trap.  

AC/DC Lane is another,  but with an obvious theme.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Thanks google and others the crater is Rano Kau

We have a winner! Though your guess of Dziani Dzaha has given me a new place to add to the must visit list 😉. Rano Kau is right next to the village of Orongo where they use to do the Birdman festival. Absolutely stunning views. We spent a week on Rappa Nui it is one my favourite places🤗

Edited by ilikeanswers

Excellent, for this I would like the name of the lighthouse to the right of the photo.

Extra credit if you can name the National Historic site it is part of and visible on the left of the photo a a great big bonus if you can name the Navy that the ship in the photo is fromlighthouse.thumb.jpg.a08a4eccef3a9012fb7697d2444bbef6.jpg

32 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Excellent, for this I would like the name of the lighthouse to the right of the photo.

Extra credit if you can name the National Historic site it is part of and visible on the left of the photo a a great big bonus if you can name the Navy that the ship in the photo is fromlighthouse.thumb.jpg.a08a4eccef3a9012fb7697d2444bbef6.jpg

It appears to be the Fisguard lighthouse, part of the Esquamalt historic dockyard and the area is being protected by half of the RNZN combat force.
Just a guess.

Edited by Bowm54
Spelling