Where was I?

14 minutes ago, BrissieB said:

This one is not my photo (I flogged it off the internet and don't have someone I can attribute it to).  However, I have been here but the photos are on the other computer and the person at work is not to be disturbed. 

Ship.jpg

That old ship the raised from the sea floor  in Copenhagen ? I went there in 2018, doing Scandinavia/Baltics, but maybe this is not it.

2 minutes ago, BrissieB said:

Not in Stockholm

The Vasa in Stockholm, wrong again. I must take more photos, well I take them then delete them, stupid, I know. Looks like a lifeboat from ye olde Titanic. lol.

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, patch nine said:

what about the Batavia in the Shipwreck Museum in Fremantle?

Bingo.  Tag you're it.

This is the second oldest shipwreck in Australia found at the WA Shipwrecks Museum in Frementle.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Some smart people on here knowing all this places, I only got a couple right, you must have all been Geography Teachers in your past life.😁

Not at all, years at sea and even more years doing shift work gives plenty of time for reading, this whet the curiosity about far flung places.
Cheap flights from the likes of AirAsia enabled travel to these areas. It’s amazing the places reachable by same day 1 stop flights. e.g. Depart Gold Coast 9am, check into Yangon hotel 7pm that evening. $500 return fare.

Whether this type of travel will happen again is yet to be seen. 
Now I am reaching retirement I can pay a bit more and use mainstream airlines that have inside toilets.

In the meantime like most others we are trying to keep safe and well.

23 minutes ago, BrissieB said:

Bingo.  Tag you're it.

This is the second oldest shipwreck in Australia found at the WA Shipwrecks Museum in Frementle.

Watched a programme recently about this wreck. One of the officers by the name of Cornelius murdered many of the survivors.

29 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Watched a programme recently about this wreck. One of the officers by the name of Cornelius murdered many of the survivors.

There was also a book written about it, which I have read, by Peter Fitzimons. It's a good read.

12 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I would like the location or name not just the country.

China.jpg

We visited this temple while doing a Yangtze river cruise, unlike other cruises, these are highly structured, with set times for meals and activities. This concept may become the norm with Covid-19 cruising.

We then went on to Xian afterwards and saw the Terracotta Warriors.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

We visited this temple while doing a Yangtze river cruise, unlike other cruises, these are highly structured, with set times for meals and activities. This concept may become the norm with Covid-19 cruising.

We then went on to Xian afterwards and saw the Terracotta Warriors.

Yangtze cruise is another to do list travel item🤗.