Where was I?

11 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

That’s because they don’t have daylight savings.

Never have to adjust to real time.

Yes Adrian, my mother lived on the Goldy for 25 yrs, brother and sister up there, they get up at 6am, dinner at 5pm and in blanket bay  by 9pm, must be the heat.  They even put their 🍷in the freezer before serving. Strange people up there. Sure in summer i. Put my red wine in the fridge for half hour but no freezer treatment.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, getting older slowly said:

Kangy Angy Roadhouse 

on the Pacific Highway at Ourimbah in NSW

Please rename files 

""1644175518_roadhousekangyangy.jpg.2e6e88""

Cheers Don

Easy one Don, well done, cruise tickets on the way, QM2, worldie, southampton to southampton, 2023, best i can do. queens Grill class of course.

27 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You Queenslanders have tea early, we call it dinner down here, lol, what you cooking chef?

Tonight’s Thursday,  so it’s oven cooked, enrapped Barramundi, roasted kumara and petite pois.   Accompanied with a delicate earl grey tea.

All of course served on the finest royal doulton china.

Later we will retire to the upstairs and partake of a nice Cotswolds gin and watch the last episode of the Salisbury poisonings program.

9 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Tonight’s Thursday,  so it’s oven cooked, enrapped Barramundi, roasted kumara and petite pois.   Accompanied with a delicate earl grey tea.

Later we will retire to the upstairs and partake of a nice Cotswolds gin and watch the last episode of the Salisbury poisonings program.

9 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Geez, you live the life of Riley up there, my pizza burnt, couple of glasses of chateau cardboard red and bollywood movie on netflix, sad i know.  Think i might sell up and move to Qld, do you have air con and colour tv up there yet?  Moreton Bay Bugs for entree.? 8c here, time to put the heating on.

Edited by NSWP

many thanks

Right photo was taken dec 2019 from a our balcony1283464781_photodawn120088.thumb.jpg.9fa10881c8e4a4f0d0d4f52d8dd91b10.jpg at 6.23am   we have just dropped anchor.... and time for a walk on the top deck before breakfast at the crown grill

I just really like the photo .... it was just a magic morning.... no wind ( it came later )  

Cheers Don

Dinner is Salmon with onion, pepper and lemon in the oven,

with chips, salad and a glass or two of Riesling

Edited by getting older slowly
added dinner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, getting older slowly said:

many thanks

Right photo was taken dec 2019 from a our balcony1283464781_photodawn120088.thumb.jpg.9fa10881c8e4a4f0d0d4f52d8dd91b10.jpg at 6.23am   we have just dropped anchor.... and time for a walk on the top deck before breakfast at the crown grill

I just really like the photo .... it was just a magic morning.... no wind ( it came later )  

Cheers Don

Scottish Highlands?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Geez, you live the life of Riley up there, my pizza burnt, couple of glasses of chateau cardboard red and bollywood movie on netflix, sad i know.  Think i might sell up and move to Qld, do you have air con and colour tv up there yet?  Moreton Bay Bugs for entree.?

47 minutes ago, NSWP said:

You Queenslanders have tea early, we call it dinner down here, lol, what you cooking chef?

Yes we have tea early.  I always thought it was because all my family were originally farmers, worked by the sun, so early to bed, early to rise.  I wondered if it came from Scottish high tea. Dinner was main meal on Sunday lunchtime. 

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Yes we have tea early.  I always thought it was because all my family were originally farmers, worked by the sun, so early to bed, early to rise.  I wondered if it came from Scottish high tea. Dinner was main meal on Sunday lunchtime. 

Scottish high tea was probably 4.30pm. When my mother moved from Sydney to gold coast about 1980 after my father died, her tea or dinner time moved from 6.30pm to 5pm. My sister at Currumbin has dinner at 5pm, too early, I like 6.30pm. 5pm is happy hour.

Edited by NSWP

48 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Yes Adrian, my mother lived on the Goldy for 25 yrs, brother and sister up there, they get up at 6am, dinner at 5pm and in blanket bay  by 9pm, must be the heat.  They even put their 🍷in the freezer before serving. Strange people up there. Sure in summer i. Put my red wine in the fridge for half hour but no freezer treatment.

We only put a bottle of wine in the freezer if we need to cool it quickly. However, it might cool faster if we put it in a bucket of iced water.

5 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We only put a bottle of wine in the freezer if we need to cool it quickly. However, it might cool faster if we put it in a bucket of iced water.

A bucket of ice, cold water and salt.

Then twirl it around.For a while.

Something about physics I was told by my engineer brother. Cools it much quicker.

14 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Avignon?

Correct, Adrian.

An unusual view of the bridge. I can't recall where I took that photo from, probably while just rambling around, possibly from a vantage point in the Palais des Papes.