Where was I?

1 minute ago, Blackduck59 said:

I'll try Sarajevo?

One of my favourite cities but not the one in the photo. It is more north from there. This town however was a favourite holiday spot for Emperor Franz Joseph I along with Edward VII and even Czar Nicholas II. Authors Mark Twain and Rudyard Kipling were regulars here😉. It was real celebrity hang out back in the day😄.

10 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Budapest?

A little more north west. Here are some more pics from around the town. And it is a town not a big city:

916263587_ScreenShot2020-10-23at4_51_32PM.thumb.png.e9155ce313d4e24c554d665a69dafa96.png

Pretty much the whole town is made up of historic hotels, shops or restaurants. I have to selective with my pics as I don't want the hotel names giving it away😜. This place is one of the so called "Spa Towns"

Edited by ilikeanswers

27 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Marianske Lazne

678897397_ScreenShot2020-08-24at9_30_24PM.png.9dd6c5ca0a747e1d789d45839c450021.png

The domed building is where the "theraputic" waters are (they call them Kolonáda). Inside you can see the springs they have tapped into and there are cups for trying the water though plenty of people are filling up bottles. Inside the building is probably the foulest tasting water you can drink😜, it is also quite hot but they swear it will heal you of everything🤒. Around the building there are other springs with much easier to drink water some even fizzy😄. This place and Karlovy Vary is very popular with the Chinese tourists. So many Chinese tour groups were here when we visited. Mariánské Lázně  is the cheaper of the two hence why we stayed here plus I think it is much nicer as there are lots of parks and most of the hotels are in the forest, lots of really beautiful historical buildings, though some still need renovations. Karlovy Vary is really built up and geared towards luxury tourism. All the shops are designer brands besides if you want to try Karlovy Vary water they have samples at the Lázeňská Kolonáda so you don't need to pay the extra expense🤗.

Edited by ilikeanswers
  • Like 2