Where was I?

BY THE BAY - correct.   Your turn.

So Les when are you going to the Suez Canal?

We  were supposed to be going soon to the Italian Lakes and Holy Land.    No overseas hols for us until there is a vaccine, too scary.

Edited by Rassa

29 minutes ago, Rassa said:

BY THE BAY - correct.   Your turn.

So Les when are you going to the Suez Canal?

We  were supposed to be going soon to the Italian Lakes and Holy Land.    No overseas hols for us until there is a vaccine, too scary.

Actually not boasting but been through it a couple of times, to and from UK. interesting, but not as dramatic or scenic as the Panama Canal, in my humble opinion.  I doubt I will be doing the Suez again, doubt I will even be cruising, done 27 cruises and now single supplement makes it too expensive, I don't want to pay $300 or $400 a day for a solo cabin. So it looks like Cruise Critic will be my cruise fix now, with the odd trip on Sydney Harbour Ferries.Now I got my gold Opal card .  A tragedy, I know. Lucky I retired at 55, done a lot of travel since.

1009166819_th(4).jpg.c897211b6c3fdbd1f88c14141bbe7c75.jpg

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

image.thumb.png.60f1fa8066ec83617883e816508434dc.png

Somewhere along the River Rhine in Germany, Loreli Rock? (excuse the spelling, done the Rhine Cruise but not good on the spelling.)  Now tell me it is the Danube.  If I win again, I will forfeit my prize.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Somewhere along the River Rhine in Germany, Loreli Rock? (excuse the spelling, done the Rhine Cruise but not good on the spelling.)  Now tell me it is the Danube.  If I win again, I will forfeit my prize.

No need to worry, you didn't win.

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

image.thumb.png.60f1fa8066ec83617883e816508434dc.png

This place looks more like some little Austrian town you could see on the tourist posters. It resembles Linz but I am not sure. The one city surrounded by mountains with a church with a tower on the shore of a lake. It looks very much like it. Am I correct?

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Called out to my daughters, Has anyone been to Slovenia?  Yes, one had.  Showed her photo and she said Lake Bled, which was one of her favourite places. 

We had a great day there. When we were planning what to do when visiting, our daughter suggested Lake Bled. I had never heard of it before she mentioned it.